Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Sunday School
Facebook

Notices

Sunday School A ministry resource forum. Find special help topics-- sermon ideas/notes, reference material, resources, etc.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:23 AM
On the road less traveled

Re: What Does It Take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Another thing that I've been thinking a lot about is the community of believers.

Witnessing and experiencing the revelation of Jesus Christ in the Body, as He manifests the various facets of His existence to us, through others, is just as necessary as having a personal relationship with Him.

I count every moment with my fellow believers as precious. It's as much like being with Jesus as when I'm alone in prayer at home.
Yes, so true. Being with other members of the body strengthens and encourages us. We do need each other. Close personal fellowship is very important.

Attending a service for an hour or so once or twice a week does not really constitute as close and personal fellowship.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:55 PM
Acts 2:38 Wowii!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Yes, so true. Being with other members of the body strengthens and encourages us. We do need each other. Close personal fellowship is very important.

Attending a service for an hour or so once or twice a week does not really constitute as close and personal fellowship.
Hey cowboy, im thinking that nothing compares to spending time alone with Jesus. This is the meaning of communion bruda. Everyone and everything else is second.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:28 PM
Banned

hmm. i would argue that Christ is among us when we manifest the Holy Spirit, and that happens in community with others, which might not necessarily be in a congregation; don't even the heathen show love to their friends? Not discounting the need for congregation, mind you--nor for alone time--but i wonder if a kindness done to an unworthy is not more powerful.