Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
They got tired of being called Papists, Mormons, sacramentalists and baptismal regenerationalists and left is my guess
Yep, that's one of the reasons I'm taking a break.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 12-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmatthew View Post
I am seeing less and less of the traditional Acts 2:38 believers posting here. Who is left that still believes that it takes obeying Acts 2:38 in its completion to be saved??

Is this the beginning of the end for this forum being an Apostolic forum?? Have we gone charismatic?? Is the fat lady singing??
A lot of people have been persuaded that "exclusivism" is wrong and have sought a deeper more meaningful relationship with Jesus Christ as a result.

I was one of the dogmatic "3 Steppers" for most of my adult life. It took years of study to loosen its grip on my mind. Then, one day when I sort of "woke up" and looked around, I realized that maintaining the "3 Stepper" way wasn't doing me any good and it was obviously hurting its loudest proponents.

How can you ask, "Is this the beginning of the end for this forum being an Apostolic forum??" ???

Like Berkeley pointed out in a rather off handed manner, the pioneers of the Apostolic Faith movement weren't "3 Stepper" exclusivists anyway.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Oneness Pentecostal Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmatthew View Post
I am seeing less and less of the traditional Acts 2:38 believers posting here. Who is left that still believes that it takes obeying Acts 2:38 in its completion to be saved??

Is this the beginning of the end for this forum being an Apostolic forum?? Have we gone charismatic?? Is the fat lady singing??
I'm still here... though I don't bother argueing with the saved by grace calvinites .
Old 12-26-2007, 12:24 PM

Ain't name calling fun!
Old 12-26-2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Don't go....the main antagonizer is gone for a few days. Stick around
Thad is an "antagonizer?" From what I read of his doctrine it seems he's pretty much committed to the Acts 2:38 way of life.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaiQ View Post
I'm still here... though I don't bother argueing with the saved by grace calvinites .
"Saved by grace" was the primary theme of the Wesleyan and Holiness movements. Not to mention a rather important aspect of the Gospel itself.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
You don't believe we are saved by grace? Hmmmm...

Acts 15:11

11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
KJV

And who are the Calvinites on this board?!
Old 12-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm with ya brother! Us "19 steps for men" and "65 steps for women" will be with ya to the end!
Old 12-26-2007, 12:36 PM
Renewed

I joined this forum just a few months ago, I have posted on several threads and have found the typical response from most on here is "my traditional way of believing is wrong". I have looked at several other threads here and see a moving from what true apostolic has always been to something that resembles an over all attitude that says "if you don't want to live like you should then twist the word to live like you want". ( That very statement got me called "an old time all going to hell self righteous traditionalist") I have thought about e-mailing admin or posting my opinion on here but figured it would do more damage than help so I simply don't come here much anymore. Since you have started a thread on the subject I will go ahead and post. ( Then duck , because the firestorm thats coming this thread I'm not sure can be handled by the server)
The Apostolic beliefs of this forum as posted in the "Welcome" thread are no where to be seen within the forum itself. After much searching and reading I have found most all of the Acts:238ers have been "degraded to dwell in the Fellowship, playground and more "softer" threads simply because they are being run out of debate and theological threads. While the "new crowd" says its because they can't stand on their own any more, most I talk to say it is because people are either open to discussion or they are not, if they are not then its all about arguing. That is the other thing I have noticed, you may see a "3 stepper" make a post or two and thats it, while the opposition makes insults. It's not hard to tell the difference in beliefs just looking at the attitude in the post.

Yes stmatthew, your forum has become segregated, The 3 steppers have opted to the occasional post in discusion while the new crowd argues , fights, insults and bickers over beliefs. The 3-steppers post scripture and believes what it says, the others favor scholars and websites to back their beliefs. The 3-steppers post with obvious love birth from a heart filled with the Holy Spirit. The others throw subtile disgraces that tear at ones spirit and reak of hate and despise.

The next few lines I wish you to read understanding that I am typing them with the utmost respect for what the forum was once built on.
I am also a member of UPCI forums and Apostolic forums alike. I see some on this forum posting on other forums, yet, if I were to copy and paste some of their post from this forum onto other forums, they would be banned from those. So that tells me alot about that person. I see things on here I don't see on any other forum that stands on Acts 2-38 as the doctrine of salvation. Some where in the give a little, take a little, all has been forsaken. I will continue to peek in and read and post on occasion, but this is not one of the sites I come to on a daily basis and I have yet to recommend it to fellow bro. and sis. Sorry.

Just my opinion, God bless you all in the name of Jesus.

#1 killer of children .. drugs
#1 killer of adults .... cancer
#1 killer of christians . COMPROMISE
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 12-26-2007, 12:41 PM

We are saved through active faith... faith without works is dead... Jesus told Peter he has the keys. Peter preached a sermon to a bunch of people who mocked the Holy Ghost falling on the Disciples. When they realized that they were mocking God, they were pricked in their hearts. Peter, sensitive to the Spirit communing within him, continued preaching... repent, be baptized in Jesus name, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Active faith... even Abraham was imputed righteous only after God tested his faith and showed active faith.