Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-12-2019, 05:11 PM
Registered Member

Hillsong's Marty Sampson "Genuinely Losing Faith"

Hillsong worship leader Marty Sampson announced on Instagram Friday that he's "genuinely losing his faith"—and he's not upset about it.

"I'm genuinely losing my faith ... and it doesn't bother me."

Sampson was one of Hillsong United's original worship leaders and wrote and co-wrote hundreds of praise songs including hits like "Now that You're Near," "King of Majesty," "O Praise the Name," "For Who You Are" and "Open Heaven."

In his post—which has since been deleted, along with the rest of the artist's Instagram posts—he included a picture of what appears to be Samson bringing down the pillars of the Philistine temple in Judges 16. He writes that the more he thinks about it, the more Christianity seems just like every other religion, and he doesn't want any part of it anymore:

"Christians can be some of the most [judgmental] people on the planet—they can also be some of the most beautiful and loving people ... but it's not for me. I am not in any more. I want genuine truth. Not the 'I just believe it' kind of truth. Science keeps piercing the truth of every religion. Lots of things help people change their lives, not just one version of God."

"How many preachers fall?" he asks. "Many. No one talks about it. How many miracles happen? Not many. No one talks about it. Why is the Bible full of contradictions? No one talks about it. How can God be love yet send 4 billion people to a place, all coz [sic] they don't believe? No one talks about it."

https://www.charismanews.com/us/7756...ianity-anymore

Last edited by n david; 08-12-2019 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:13 PM
Registered Member

Re: Hillsong's Marty Sampson "Genuinely Losing Fai

Old 08-12-2019, 06:01 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Josh McDowell has announced his leaving of Christianity as well. The guy that wrote,"I kissed dating goodbye" and all.

You know...that "christian" fad that made so many young people sound so spiritual at camp and then they go off and marry some weirdo.lol
Old 08-12-2019, 06:04 PM
Registered Member

"How many preachers fall?" he asks. "Many. No one talks about it. How many miracles happen? Not many. No one talks about it. Why is the Bible full of contradictions? No one talks about it. How can God be love yet send 4 billion people to a place, all coz [sic] they don't believe? No one talks about it."

One thing is very clear after reading this statement from Marty Sampson ....

He's never been on AFF!

Last edited by n david; 08-12-2019 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:23 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

One thing is very clear after reading this statement from Marty Sampson ....

He's never been on AFF!

He definitely seems a wee bit sheltered.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:47 PM
Registered Member

Life with the true Christ is not for everyone. Just for those who take the cross and die to self.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:42 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Considering all of the abominations of Hillsong, Bethel, and IHOP, I can not say that I am surprised he decided that Christianity is a farce. Charismatic/Third Wave/Prosperity/New Apostolic Reformation have done nothing but pollute the stream and muddy the waters of authentic Christianity. It is a pity that it is a monster that devours her own children.

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:08 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Considering all of the abominations of Hillsong, Bethel, and IHOP, I can not say that I am surprised he decided that Christianity is a farce. Charismatic/Third Wave/Prosperity/New Apostolic Reformation have done nothing but pollute the stream and muddy the waters of authentic Christianity. It is a pity that it is a monster that devours her own children.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Josh McDowell has announced his leaving of Christianity as well. The guy that wrote,"I kissed dating goodbye" and all.

You know...that "christian" fad that made so many young people sound so spiritual at camp and then they go off and marry some weirdo.lol
That's Joshua Harris. Josh McDowell is an apologist who is not leaving Christianity.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 08-13-2019, 08:36 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Hillsong worship leader Marty Sampson announced on Instagram Friday that he's "genuinely losing his faith"—and he's not upset about it.

"I'm genuinely losing my faith ... and it doesn't bother me."

Sampson was one of Hillsong United's original worship leaders and wrote and co-wrote hundreds of praise songs including hits like "Now that You're Near," "King of Majesty," "O Praise the Name," "For Who You Are" and "Open Heaven."

In his post—which has since been deleted, along with the rest of the artist's Instagram posts—he included a picture of what appears to be Samson bringing down the pillars of the Philistine temple in Judges 16. He writes that the more he thinks about it, the more Christianity seems just like every other religion, and he doesn't want any part of it anymore:

"Christians can be some of the most [judgmental] people on the planet—they can also be some of the most beautiful and loving people ... but it's not for me. I am not in any more. I want genuine truth. Not the 'I just believe it' kind of truth. Science keeps piercing the truth of every religion. Lots of things help people change their lives, not just one version of God."

https://www.charismanews.com/us/7756...ianity-anymore

Rich guy losing faith?

Good God from Zion!!!!!!