Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. LPW View Post
Is anyone going to sneak a video camera into Tulsa?
Now who would do a thing like that?
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 01-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Live like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneasttx View Post
Now who would do a thing like that?
Too bad it's men only, Katie Couric could loan someone her camera purse.

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!
Old 01-06-2008, 09:33 PM
She makes me look good!

Sooo...can no one connected to the Tulsa group verify where the Headquaters building is--if in fact it is not the Green Country Event Center?

Or does the statement, "Held at WPF Headquaters" only signify the town and not a building?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
Pelathais, I sure hope you don't get banned for telling the truth.

I have seen so many lies posted. The best one is the one Triumphant 1 did his best to combat. You know, the hair cutting party thing?

Prominent members of this board chose to believe the lie and even continue to spread it, even though T1 had totally proved it was false.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Live! Via Satellite

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphant1 View Post
Sooo...can no one connected to the Tulsa group verify where the Headquaters building is--if in fact it is not the Green Country Event Center?

Or does the statement, "Held at WPF Headquaters" only signify the town and not a building?
I wish I could answer to that, Triumph. I can't find any official or confirmed information that would say they have purchased that building.

I see there have been more updates today on the site, or at least since my previous visit, especially in the points of interest tab. A lot of questions with one word answers and no explanations. I personally like the one that says, "Does the WPF have missionaries." The answer: " 'Find and Facilitate'--Come and see." Not sure what that exactly means.

Another interesting question: Can I support an independent apostolic missionary or one from another apostolic organization by giving through the Worldwide Pentecostal Fellowship? Answer: Yes. And why would that be necessary if the missionary already has an affiliation with another organization through whom you could contribute?

Even better, they are tax deductible.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:04 AM
God's Son

No, but you can bet there will be tons of portable cassette recorders just like the good days.
Quote:

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 01-07-2008, 06:13 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

This is definately stirring a pot as it sure is not humorous

I am sure u can count back to the days when u didn't own a video camera and with all due respect they were few and far between in your district

I personally feel if these christians want to go this route - may they be enriched with great friends, brothers and sisters that would love them and appreciate their stand.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:16 AM
dht0943

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
No, but you can bet there will be tons of portable cassette recorders just like the good days.
oh someone will definitely video it, you could bet on that (if you were a gambling person of course, which none of us on here is im sure). I would guess ppl will vid with their cell phones if that is the only way they can do it and not get caught. I think i want to dress up as a man and go... hahahahahaha
Old 01-07-2008, 07:19 AM
Ron Turner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliUPC View Post
T1....can't say if they bought THAT building...but word is that they have bought/rented/leased (whatever) a building in Tulsa to serve as their HQ. Once again, the word out here, from various people, is that the person that they have "anointed" to be the person in charge is moving (or has already moved) to Tulsa.
I noticed that Floyd Odom is listed as being from Tulsa. I thought he had moved from Mississippi to Foley, Alabama after resigning the church in Hattiesburg.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Registered Member

Is there something in the announcement that says only men can attend the meetings?

Concerning the video question: I know many "conservatives" who take video pictures with their digital cameras. Just short ones, of course.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:03 PM
She makes me look good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrmptPraise View Post
I wish I could answer to that, Triumph. I can't find any official or confirmed information that would say they have purchased that building.

I see there have been more updates today on the site, or at least since my previous visit, especially in the points of interest tab. A lot of questions with one word answers and no explanations. I personally like the one that says, "Does the WPF have missionaries." The answer: " 'Find and Facilitate'--Come and see." Not sure what that exactly means.

Another interesting question: Can I support an independent apostolic missionary or one from another apostolic organization by giving through the Worldwide Pentecostal Fellowship? Answer: Yes. And why would that be necessary if the missionary already has an affiliation with another organization through whom you could contribute?

Even better, they are tax deductible.
I understand that it is just really getting started and there is a lot to do....but mis-information is bad. The flier says, "Held at WPF Headquarters"...which really sounds like they have a permanent place at TGEC....but who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
Pelathais, I sure hope you don't get banned for telling the truth.

I have seen so many lies posted. The best one is the one Triumphant 1 did his best to combat. You know, the hair cutting party thing?

Prominent members of this board chose to believe the lie and even continue to spread it, even though T1 had totally proved it was false.