Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-08-2024, 04:56 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: UPCI Church fires youth pastor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
That’s understandable.

I have to asses the situation.

What if the man/women is repentant? Based on the situation and the severity of it.

There is so many scenarios which sexual assault is classified.

You can have a young single man or women sending pics through social media, or texting. If it’s made known do we kick them out of the church? Do we call the police?

It’s not just an older male trying to manipulate a young female into activities.

I heard a panel say that when sexual assault arises call the police right away. Don’t call the pastor or elders of the church just call the police.

Now that can be under the wisdom of the leadership of the church.

I bring this up, because obviously this is something we’re going to be facing. Social media is bringing a lot of these situations to the surface.
Here is the definition: SA is rape.

There are no “many scenarios”

Rapists go to jail.
Old 02-08-2024, 04:57 PM
New User

There was a situation on CA. Two of the youth got involved. One was 18 years of age. The other, a few years younger. This was a case of statuary r@pe, not child… that other thing.

They both were repentant. They went to the pastor. Under CA law the pastor reported the young man to the police per the mandated reporter law.

I’m not sure why he didn’t go route of clergy-penitent privilege.
Old 02-08-2024, 04:58 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
There was a situation on CA. Two of the youth got involved. One was 18 years of age. The other, a few years younger. This was a case of statuary r@pe, not child… that other thing.

They both were repentant. They went to the pastor. Under CA law the pastor reported the young man to the police per the mandated reporter law.

I’m not sure why he didn’t go route of clergy-penitent privilege.
People can repent in jail.
Old 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
People can repent in jail.
Correct. But this wouldn’t have been a jailable offense somewhere like Arkansas where the age of consent is 16.
Old 02-08-2024, 05:12 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Correct. But this wouldn’t have been a jailable offense somewhere like Arkansas where the age of consent is 16.
That would have to be left up to the authorities in whatever state the church was located.

You spoke of California therefore the pastor followed the protocols.
Still we are talking about SA.
Old 02-09-2024, 09:55 PM
Administrator

Hmmm.......that fired Youth Pastor seems like a real "people person"!! The really said thing is that this arrest was his second time being accused of this so clearly a pattern. I can only imagine what his new wife must think. Unless he is a controlling person and she is passive where he can make her believe whatever he wants her to. I hope he repents, gets counseling, and finds a good church to be a part of just not in any kind of leadership position.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 02-13-2024, 03:57 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

https://m.arcamax.com/healthandspiri...news/s-3112095

Ran across this today and thought of this thread. Gives some examples of how this played out when brought before the entire church body.

Thoughts?
Old 02-14-2024, 09:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
https://m.arcamax.com/healthandspiri...news/s-3112095

Ran across this today and thought of this thread. Gives some examples of how this played out when brought before the entire church body.

Thoughts?
That notion that “God won’t forgive you unless you tell us everything you did” is false. Confessing faults to other believers, absolutely! Thats biblical! Did that situation need to be brought in front of church members?

However in a situation like this that man will have to pay for his actions. But I would also charge the parents for what happened to their daughter.
If parents would be more involved in there children’s life’s we wouldn’t have these situations. Parents give their children liberty on social media (it’s a problem) and they have liberty to come and go as they please.
Yet when the church family structure submitted to the “American dream” this is what you get.
Old 02-14-2024, 11:12 AM
New User

Sounds like you’re blaming everyone but the perpetrators.
Old 02-14-2024, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Sounds like you’re blaming everyone but the perpetrators.
To some it may.

The man that did this to that young girl will pay, and obviously will spend a long time in jail. Yet, I’m looking at this from a pastoral role, do I just stand this man up in front of the church and expose his sin to all? Does that somehow give back what was done? Do I give them “Florida”, or “Texas” style law and let the family members beat him within an inch of his life? What’s the correct course of action?

If this man was willing to confess, I would almost guarantee he was willing to turn himself in.

However, that man has a problem, probably going back to his childhood. But that young lady and her parents should be looked into.