Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:21 AM
My Family!

Re: WNOP-Missionary's Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkentsmith View Post
Oh brother...

We got one sick missionary kid so lets all trim our hair....

My dear brother....

One cannot mix sin with the healing virtue of the Lord....

Esau wept tears as well but found no repentence...

BTW....

The sick missionary kid is my nephew....
I believe you misunderstood his words.

The plea was for us to stop fussing and pray for this real need.

Glad to hear the good reports!
Old 08-01-2008, 08:43 AM
Sister Alvear

that was the way I understood the plea...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 08-01-2008, 08:45 AM
Administrator

Awesome report!

God is still in the miracle working business!
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
I believe you misunderstood his words.

The plea was for us to stop fussing and pray for this real need.
Nope..

The poster connected his agenda to a poor sick missionary kid and that is extremely distasteful....

A prayer request for a sick kid had nothing to do the violation of a scriptural principle and standard of the church.....

Thanks for the prayers....

Timo is better today.....

Tracie's Thoughts
Old 08-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Praise the Lord! God is faithful.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 08-01-2008, 10:24 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkentsmith View Post
Nope..

The poster connected his agenda to a poor sick missionary kid and that is extremely distasteful....

A prayer request for a sick kid had nothing to do the violation of a scriptural principle and standard of the church.....

Thanks for the prayers....

Timo is better today.....

Tracie's Thoughts
I think you need to read it again. I do NOT want to take away from this prayer request thread, but his point was this young man has given his life to the mission fields and we need to gather together to pray for him instead of fussing about all these little things.

It's all about what you want to see.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Registered Member

I praise the Lord for the good news we are reading about.

I wnted to post the updates, just in case someone does not have the time to check the progress from the Tracie's Blog.

Friday, August 1, 2008
Latest Text from Vicki
We are living a miracle
he is still mostly sleeping
but medical staff are all amazed

(Author's note: Earlier Vicki said he's drinking orange juice and @ one point Tremayne was out of the room and he asked where he was)
Posted by Tracie Smith at 9:43 AM 8 comments
From Vicki
This morning as I sit here and just reminisce the great memories of Timo, his favorite song keeps coming to me. It is by Tye Tribbett 'I WANT IT ALL BACK!'

I believe in my baby's mind that is HIS prayer right now! I know for 'daddy' and I that is our prayer! We want him (Timo) ALL back!

Thank you all for your wonderful show of love and support! You are our strength right now - we are not strong enough on our own.

Love,
Vicki

Victory Live by Tye Tribbett & G.A.
Posted by Tracie Smith at 6:40 AM 9 comments
5:19 AM
Me: "What about life support?"

Vicki: "It is off only nose oxygen tube now. Breathing well and slowly waking from the sedation. Still very sleepy like from surgery."

Mom just called she is trying to reach Vicki now. She and a group of friends set their clocks for 5:00 am to get up and pray since that was the original start time of the process. I'm getting emails and etc from some of them. What a great surprise they had! Rather than pray I know they are rejoicing.

:55 CST
Was awaken to the following text from Vicki: "Timo has began to respond some. He recognizes us and has spoken a few words we encouraged."

I replied, "Awesome."

Vicki: "I asked him if he knows where he was and he said - 'Mars' in typical Timo wit!

(Tracie laughed out loud...Timo is a very sarcastic witted kid. Yes he still has his humor.)

I replied, "ha ha ha!"

YES!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, JESUS!!!!!!!
Posted by Tracie Smith at 4:59 AM 3 comments
Old 08-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Sister Alvear

Thank you Jesus...we continue praying over here.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 08-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Registered Member

Most recent update from Sis Smith's Blog.

August 1, 2008
From Vicki
I received the following around 3:00 pm CST but have been very busy @ the church and with some outreach efforts and didn't have time to post.

We are heading to bed - totally exhausted .... we saw great progress today but not out of the 'woods' yet - hope everyone is still praying! His temp is now normal, breathing is still too shallow to take off of oxygen - they tried but had to put it back on. Dr. Bartlette is hoping for him to be a bit more alert. Praying that he will be able to wake on his own tomorrow. Today we would have to arouse him and he would respond for a 10 - 15 seconds at a time.

We will be looking at hearing test, eye test, learning disabilities testing later - those are minor as to what we where facing Tuesday and Wednesday. We (us and medical team) are hoping that with a few hours of natural (un sedated) rest that tomorrow will be even better. He was sipping his juices today - I would arouse him and put the straw in his mouth and he could sip and swallow on his own. Or, shake his head no. He would whisper a few words if coerced - it seemed to take a bit too much energy - easier to nod. We did see his personality today and that was encouraging!

Love you all!

I hope each of you enjoy a blessed weekend. Have good church...Timo would want it just that way! He would want the music 'pumping' and the worship 'rockin' . He's been like that since he was just a little boy. He can definitely do an Africa dance as he worships!
Old 08-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by He's My Friend View Post
Most recent update from Sis Smith's Blog.

August 1, 2008
From Vicki
I received the following around 3:00 pm CST but have been very busy @ the church and with some outreach efforts and didn't have time to post.

We are heading to bed - totally exhausted .... we saw great progress today but not out of the 'woods' yet - hope everyone is still praying! His temp is now normal, breathing is still too shallow to take off of oxygen - they tried but had to put it back on. Dr. Bartlette is hoping for him to be a bit more alert. Praying that he will be able to wake on his own tomorrow. Today we would have to arouse him and he would respond for a 10 - 15 seconds at a time.

We will be looking at hearing test, eye test, learning disabilities testing later - those are minor as to what we where facing Tuesday and Wednesday. We (us and medical team) are hoping that with a few hours of natural (un sedated) rest that tomorrow will be even better. He was sipping his juices today - I would arouse him and put the straw in his mouth and he could sip and swallow on his own. Or, shake his head no. He would whisper a few words if coerced - it seemed to take a bit too much energy - easier to nod. We did see his personality today and that was encouraging!

Love you all!

I hope each of you enjoy a blessed weekend. Have good church...Timo would want it just that way! He would want the music 'pumping' and the worship 'rockin' . He's been like that since he was just a little boy. He can definitely do an Africa dance as he worships!
This report is good news. I will continue to pray for 100% recovery and healing.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"