Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-05-2010, 08:33 AM
Sister Alvear

Declare His works among men....

It was not quite 6 o’clock in the morning and someone was literally beating on the front door. Still rubbing my sleepy eyes, I opened the door. There stood a new lady who had been coming to our church.
She said, “I am so sorry to come at such an early hour, but my husband is devil possessed. He is out behind our house cursing and pulling up banana trees like they were some freshly planted flower. He is foaming at the mouth, and threatening to kill us. Will you come missionary, and cast the devil out?” In a few minutes I was ready to go. Armed with my Bible and anointing oil, we left.
He was standing outside, when we reached her house. The poor soul was filthy, with a glassy stare, and faming at the mouth. “I’m not afraid of you devil.” I said as he backed toward the house. “Just back up as far as you want to, but I’m still going to pray for you.” The closer he came to his house, the closer we got to him. It wasn’t long until we were in the door of the house. He fell backwards on the couch. His eyes were dark and cold, and his fists clenched.
I remembered the words of our Lord in Mark 6:12-13, “And they went out and preached that men should repent, and they cast out devils, and anointed with oil many that were sick, and healed them.”
He began to throw up legions of devils. Immediately his wild countenance gave place to a look of calm and peace. The long ordeal was over. God was victorious and the battle was won. We may feel inadequate, but God does not.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 08-05-2010, 08:35 AM
Sister Alvear

Re: Declare His works among men....

She came running to our house all out of breath. When I saw her, I thought something had happened to her mother, as she was a member of our church. The rest of the family is Catholics.
After I had greeted her, I said, “What has brought you in such a hurry to my house?” “It is my neighbor,” she replied. “She is demon possessed. The witch doctor has cast a spell on her, and she has gone wild. She is breaking furniture, and hurting anyone that comes near her, cursing, etc. Please come and pray for her, before she kills someone.”
No wonder she was out of breath. By the time she got to our house. She ran over two miles!
When we arrived at the lady’s house, many of the neighbors had gathered around to see if we were powerful enough to break the witchdoctor’s spell. As I looked over the crowd that had gathered around, I thought how wonderful it was that, that very morning when I was praying, the Lord had spoken to me to fast, and had told him that I would need him in a special way that day.
Brother Alvear and I walked into the room of the demon possessed lady. She was lying on a bed, with her eyes rolled back in her head. She was not uttering any words, just making sounds of terror. We began to cast the devil out of the lady, she began to scream and twist her body. Her arms were black and blue from where the devil had made her hurt herself.
Victory came in Jesus’ Name! The demons were cast out. As she opened her eyes, she began to cry, and to tell us how the demons had tormented her. They had even told her to kill her two babies. With such thanksgiving and praise, she offered up prayers to a living God, because He had set her free from the bonds of Satan. When we left her, she was smiling, and promised to come to our church. Several of the neighbors asked us to come to their homes and pray with them, because they were so impressed with the power of a living God.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:36 AM
Sister Alvear

The pressure cooker exploded in his face, and neighbors rushed him to the emergency room. When we received the news, we fell on our face before God. The doctors told his wife that the heat had cooked his eyeballs. They said that his black skin would never return to normal. He would be left splotchy from the burns. They had miscalculated the miracle working power of God. The doctors put patches over his eyes, and that was about all they could do, beside watch and see how bad it was. We knew nothing about medicine, but we knew the maker of the bodies, and we turned to Him in prayer.
When the time came for them to take the patches off his eyes, the doctors were sure that he would be completely blind, or , if not completely, then almost blind. They were puzzled and perplexed because of our reaction, because we had felt all along that he was healed.
When the doctors removed his bandages, he cried out, “I can see everything.” We rejoiced in the Lord right there! It has been said: “That our God specializes in impossibilities.”

Old 08-05-2010, 08:40 AM
Sister Alvear

Curiosity brought her to our first service in the village where she lived. But it was not curiosity that caused her to keep coming. She was amazed at the miracles that were happening in our midst. She was the mother of six children, and they were all coming to our services. After a month or so, one night her husband said to her: "Now don't think that you are going to become a believer." Her older boy and girls were standing there, and her son said, 'Dad, you are outnumbered in this house, we like going to the believer's services."
He cursed his wife and children, took a drink of pinga and went to bed. Mrs. Ana had a bad sore on her foot, and she had seen us anointing with oil, and she had asked me for some of the oil to rub on her foot.
In the middle of the night, her husband woke her up screaming in agony. He was having terrible chest pains. At that hour, in that type of village, there is no one around to help. No cars, no public phones. With all the commotion, soon her children were up looking on as he screamed in agony. "Help me,' he pleaded. "There is only one thing I can do to help you," she replied. "And that is to anoint you like the Missionary does."
Well when you're dying, it's worth trying anything, he thought, Sister Ana got the oil bottle just as she had seen us do but suddenly, she realized that she could not remember in whose name the Missionary had prayed. She told me later that she said: "Be healed in the name of the Missionary." Instantly his pain was gone. God had honored her faith. Needless to say, I said, "Sister Ana, you say be healed in Jesus Name."
Never again did her husband try to hinder her from coming to church. In fact when the time came for us to build a church building in that village, it was Sister Ana's husband that helped us more than anyone else.
Someone once said:Every pioneer must learn that blood and sweat of our own personal sacrifices are not in themselves payment enough to redeem souls. No souls are won without them, but they are not in themselves payment. Redemption is God's gift.
The glittering peaks of Everest look beautiful in a magazine with its dazzling snow crest, and the blue, blue sky above. But the climber has to tuck that vision in his heart and climb on when there is no beauty visible, only the biting cold blasts whipping against him, the slippery ice imperiling his foot hold, and only canned food in his stomach from dreamy aspirations to laborious doing. The doing of the pioneer is to go on enduring privation, and preaching the Gospel when it seems foolish.
"It is just the people who are ready to submit to the loss of the thrill and settle down to the sober interest, who are most likely to meet the new thrills in some quite different direction." Says C.S. Lewis. The pioneer has come to the place where he is willing to go on without thrills, and march to the drumbeat of the Lord that calls to that continual plodding.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:01 AM
crakjak

May the name of Jesus, be praised!! May His glory fill all the earth, as the waters cover the oceans!

Dear Sister, may you and Bro. Alvear and all the Body of Christ in South America, continue to receive the strength and resources to declare His salvation and redemption to those poor tormented soul in Brazil!!

The witch doctors and apostate religion leaders, try to keep the folks in bondage for their own purposes. True leaders from God, provide deliverance and freedom, for no personal gain or control, only that the Name of the Lord is declared. Blessing to you, and all of the Body of Christ in SA.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 08-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Sister Alvear

Thank you my dear friend. Do keep us in your prayers.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Registered Member

This thread will not incite 1,000 + views, but more is the pity, for it is a thread worth reading.

What wonderful testimonies to the miracle hand of God...please do not cease to bless us with your words.

We need them more than we know...
Old 08-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Sister Alvear

thank you, my precious friend.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:36 AM
Sister Alvear

blessings to all...

Old 08-11-2010, 07:34 AM
Christmas 2009

Well I hope all those people who were saying miracles don't happen on the other thread hop over here and read this one!! Praise God that He still heals and delivers.