Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
biden, civillian, idiot, mcchrystal, selfish

Old 06-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Registered Member

McChrystal Did It On Purpose....

Whatever his purpose, I am not sure. I am thinking maybe somethng political.

Whatever the case, it is IMPOSSIBLE to convince me that this 4 Star General did not do what he did and say what he said to who he said it to ON ACCIDENT.

If it was politically motivated, this was a very ............ way to do it-- unbelievably selfish.

He contemplated it.

He did it.

He did not try to explain it.

He was "Relieved For Cause", even if technically he resigned.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:08 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Re: McChrystal Did It On Purpose....

Well of course he did it on purpose. But before we start trying to delve into the reasons, there are some pretty important things to keep in mind.

First Gen. M voted for Obama. He isnt a right wing guy looking to hurt Obama.
Second when he offered his resignation, he did not offer his retirement. Nor did Obama seek to put him out of the Army.

So he has not intent to go on all the talk shows and put Obama down and thus become a hero to the right.

So the question is why did he do it?
Old 06-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
So the question is why did he do it?
Only thing I can think of as to why.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Banned

THis thread will be hijacked by conspiracy theorists before sundown

Sounded to me like a frustrated general. I think it's a wonderful thing to allow them room to express these frustrations, unfortunately, this general went over the line to this Rolling Stones reporter.

Maybe he wanted out of Afghanistan?
Old 06-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post

Sounded to me like a frustrated general. I think it's a wonderful thing to allow them room to express these frustrations, unfortunately, this general went over the line to this Rolling Stones reporter.

Who had any faith in Obama protecting the USA and putting us in his best interest? McCrystal sure doesn't!

I'd like to know who set up the interview and what was the purpose?

I am also more concerned about how McCrystal feels and why than what he said, which was hardly anything compared to the other comments, which, from what I've read, have not been substantiated. Although, McCrystal, thus far, hasn't denied the comments. Don't know if he just didn't want to get more involved in this. We will see in the near future.

Anyway, Obama is a walking disaster heading for a cliff.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Not riding the train

"President Obama fired General McChrystal, saying he could tolerate "debate, but not division". Looks like Obama is pretty tolerant of delay, departure, and defeat, too." - Fred Thompson
Old 06-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

I'm old enough to remember when General Douglas MacArthur was relieved of duty by President Harry Truman on April 11, 1951.

We were fighting a limited war in Korea as part of a United Nations force. The North Koreans had attacked South Korea and took over the whole country. With US help the North Koreans were beaten back all the way to the northern border of North Korea. Then China entered the war and attacked. The UN troops were not allowed to pursue the Chinese over the border into Manchuria. Douglas MacArthur wanted to attack China through Korea and also from Formosa using the army of the the leader of the Nationalist Chinese Chiang Kai-shek. He felt like this would be the end of Communist China. Harry Truman did not agree. I think I remember him saying something like, "Chiang Kai-shek's army couldn't fight their way out of a Chinese whore house" or something like that. Because of public statements by Gen. MacArthur in which he disagreed with his Commander in Chief, he was relieved of duty. In that case there was a difference of opinion on how limited the military action should be. Subsequently, the UN forces were driven back (or retreated) to the 38th parallel and the war ended with the same division of Korea that it began with.

Who knows what the world might be like today if Korea was united under democracy and China was united under democracy of some type.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Who had any faith in Obama protecting the USA and putting us in his best interest? McCrystal sure doesn't!

I'd like to know who set up the interview and what was the purpose?

I am also more concerned about how McCrystal feels and why than what he said, which was hardly anything compared to the other comments, which, from what I've read, have not been substantiated. Although, McCrystal, thus far, hasn't denied the comments. Don't know if he just didn't want to get more involved in this. We will see in the near future.

Anyway, Obama is a walking disaster heading for a cliff.
Sigh.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Renewed

I too would be interested to know why he feels the way he does. Not so much why he said it, that part is obvious, as it has been said, he was apparently frustrated with the plans the administration is putting into place. Any administration would do well to heed the advice of the commanders on the ground in any theater of war. Especially a president with no prior military experience, training or even scholarly learning of war strategies whatsoever. I want to know exactly what the general disagreed with and why. But that will not likely be known until his retirement.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 06-24-2010, 12:49 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post

I disagree.

I think SM was simply frustrated by the on again off again support he was getting. Obama gave lipservice to the plan but put civilians in charge that worked at cross purposes to the stated stratagy.

In the aftermath, what we see is, more of the same from Obama. he has not dealt with Holbrook and Eikenberry at all. they are still in place and still not on board with the plan.