Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-17-2007, 10:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh View Post
Well, it's been political for years and attempts to deny that are laughable.

Mayber overt politics would be a better way to go. Eliminates the effluvium of hypocrisy at least.
Reckon what that smells like in God's nostrils?
Old 10-17-2007, 10:35 AM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlan2057 View Post
I have to admit that as much of a Son of the South as I am, that had the Confederacy won the war, eventually you would have had further splits and secessions until you had the "Grand Duchy of Alabama", "The Kingdom of Louisiana" and "The Sovereign State of Mississippi."

Now Wilson and Godair are fairly much mainliners whom I think have a bit of ambition here and are taking advantage of an opportunity.

However, they will be attempting to lead guys who will divide over sleeve length or the length of mole hair.

I am not ready to write Tulsa off with a guffaw just yet.

The "common complaint" may keep them together for awhile.

But eventually the "my way or the highway" attitude that most all these guys have toward their own little local kingdoms will further division.

When will that happen in a big way?

Could be sooner.

Could be later.

I honestly don't know.
Will Wilson's use of Video in the Church and Bible College be overlooked by those completely against Video.???.. (that is considered the Sluppery Slurp for most UC's)
Old 10-17-2007, 11:59 AM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina View Post
Do You mean People would be held accountable for their words and would have to defend them or admit error?

But who would then mediate?
In a marketplace of ideas there is inherent pressure to come up with better ideas and to state those ideas more clearly. When you have an environment where ideas flow from both sides in an atmosphere of freedom and mutual respect there is no need for someone to mediate. The "invisible hand of the market" will sort the bad ideas from the good.

Some ideas that are sorted out initially as "bad" may not be a lost cause. Their proponents will see their value and rework them into a better product and resubmit them to the marketplace. This process would result in better ideas, ideas that are better stated and a general improvement in the way the whole group articulates its theology.

When you have forces that try to circumvent the free exchange you will see the body suffer. A sense of injustice prevails. Small squabbles become huge divisions. People attempt to marginalize and talk over their opponents and bitterness sets in. We need freedom to become something greater than what have been in the past.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Registered Member

This group of men are forming because they have been forced out, just as it was at the formation of the UPC.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whole Hearted View Post
This group of men are forming because they have been forced out, just as it was at the formation of the UPC.
With all due respect, that's really not the kind of rhetoric that will stand the test of time. No one passed any ordinance forcing anyone to do or to believe anything. All that happened was that a 30 year old ban on television advertising and ministry was lifted.

If folks are so fickle that they bend and sway to a breeze that flutters every 30 years then they need to get a hold of something more stable than what they've been holding on to.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:58 PM
God's Son

Who is forcing you to leave? Name names. There aren't anyone saying you have to leave. So since no is telling you to leave the upci you are spreading a lie about being forced out of the organization.The problem is, those wanting to leave are sore losers who would condemn Jesus Christ to hell if he had one too many whiskers. They split hairs over hairs. Get over the martyrdom complex and be a man. No one is forcing you to do what you don't want to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whole Hearted View Post

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 10-17-2007, 03:49 PM
Registered Member

Just as the AOG passed their res. against the one God message, men have passed this res. against holiness and separation., Just as men could not stay with false doctrine men cannot stay with those who are going away from holiness and separation.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:26 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

Enough all ready, maybe I should this meeting so I can find out what's going on for myself.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlan2057 View Post
I'm assuming you mean this "alliance" would remain in the UPC.

Interesting thought.

And frankly, might not be a bad idea.

The "political party" system, I mean.

This may have already been answered but I am guessing they mean not staying in the UPC but a new org. not being as structured as the UPC.

It will probably be more of a ministerial association.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:59 PM

Aren't they all?