Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-05-2020, 04:26 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
I saw in a YouTube video, that Tony Spell is sayin that the church is a 501c3. That puts everything in a different light, from a legal standpoint. I’m not sure though if he understands exactly what he’s saying. It seems to me that he believes being 501c3 is what grants him separation status. It is my understanding that being 501c3 removes separation of church and state, and puts you as a church, under the authority of the state. It also grants deductions on the part of the giver as far as taxes are concerned.
That is correct.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 04-05-2020, 04:35 PM
Registered Member

Most churches are 501c3. All churches are subject to zoning regulations, safety regulations and many other legal requirements.

Wisdom, divine or otherwise, seeks to minimize risk. We do that during a pandemic through not meeting and remaining in isolation.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:00 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
Most churches are 501c3. All churches are subject to zoning regulations, safety regulations and many other legal requirements.

Wisdom, divine or otherwise, seeks to minimize risk. We do that during a pandemic through not meeting and remaining in isolation.
Good for you.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 04-05-2020, 05:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I saw in a YouTube video, that Tony Spell is sayin that the church is a 501c3. That puts everything in a different light, from a legal standpoint. I’m not sure though if he understands exactly what he’s saying. It seems to me that he believes being 501c3 is what grants him separation status. It is my understanding that being 501c3 removes separation of church and state, and puts you as a church, under the authority of the state. It also grants deductions on the part of the giver as far as taxes are concerned.
Thats why I said that a couple days ago. Wasn’t sure if he was a 501c3. No Bueno
Old 04-05-2020, 11:43 PM
On the road less traveled

Does anyone know if Bro. Spell held services today?
Old 04-06-2020, 12:16 AM
Registered Member

To distract the public from his sexual escapades and impending impeachment, Clinton calls for airstrikes in Kosovo. Wag the Dog was a movie based on this theory.

Donald Rumsfield goes on T.V., and tells the American public that somehow the U.S. gov't has lost track of 2 Trillion dollars. Record number of short selling for Airlines that day. Next day planes crash into the Twin Towers. Everyone forgets about the 2 trillion. Marines begin to protect Afghan poppy fields.

Trump is exonerated from impeachment, Epstien is suicided. Trade war with China. China would rather have Biden. Leftists say a recession is the only way to beat Trump in 2020. Lady accuses Biden of Sexual assault.

Must hid Biden, they need a distraction...
Old 04-06-2020, 12:24 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ness View Post
To distract the public from his sexual escapades and impending impeachment, Clinton calls for airstrikes in Kosovo. Wag the Dog was a movie based on this theory.

Donald Rumsfield goes on T.V., and tells the American public that somehow the U.S. gov't has lost track of 2 Trillion dollars. Record number of short selling for Airlines that day. Next day planes crash into the Twin Towers. Everyone forgets about the 2 trillion. Marines begin to protect Afghan poppy fields.

Trump is exonerated from impeachment, Epstien is suicided. Trade war with China. China would rather have Biden. Leftists say a recession is the only way to beat Trump in 2020. Lady accuses Biden of Sexual assault.

Must hid Biden, they need a distraction...

Your kung fu isn't too bad.

Old 04-06-2020, 01:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Does anyone know if Bro. Spell held services today?
Yes he did... you can find his service from today on “central city news”.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:57 AM
Sister Alvear

Praying no one catches this virus...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 04-06-2020, 09:21 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Help me out with this because I'm not following the significance. Churches that meet the requirements of section 501(c)(3) are automatically considered tax exempt. Are you saying there is some distinction to be made between a church that qualifies by default and one that applies for and obtains official recognition?