Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-18-2013, 07:16 PM
On the road less traveled

Re: What kind of pastor is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
I was a friend and confidant during the talk of moving. He considered just moving his family only I know that for a fact. We even talked of him coming to Nashville. But the saints would not have it. We even talked about guys who might go up there to take that church. The overall employment for the younger folks looked very grim and maybe a decade before it would come back. Yes the guys your dad's age were alright mostly but it was their children they were concerned about. But I have zero influence in this matter. We are friendly but I am outside his circle. If the boy's pastor can't help then it won't be helped. I will pray for everyone involved. I wish we pastors were not human and never made any mistakes but we are human and even in our desire to please God and serve His people we fail. Not all our judgments are correct and we pay for them like everyone else. What some percieve as abuse(which I admit does happen) others see as love even if it is misguided at times.
About the part of the saints not having any part of the moving, it was because we were already so full of fear from him of the impending doom and gloom he was predicting, that it seemed there was no other way out, but to move. He came up with that nonsense, and convinced the saints of it, so as to have the entire group move with him, so he wouldn't have to start over in Texas, but have a ready-made church when he got there, which is exactly what has happened. And he has continued his control in Texas, where if anyone tries to leave... for work, or to get married.... he does the kind of stuff that we are discussing.

You've hinted, although not outright admitted, Bro. Epley, that something has gone very wrong in this man's thinking for him to act this way.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
"He is still a good man of God!" said the church members every time the pastor wielded his self proclaimed power like a mighty sword time after time after time.

". . . .but he is a good man!" said the battered woman to the police officers as they arrive on their domestic disturbance call to the same address for the 18th time.

When do women FINALLY stop calling their batterers "a good man!"??

When do people FINALLY stop calling their pastor (IF their pastor or a pastor they know, acts like this) a "good man of God!"???
When indeed? Sigh...
Old 11-18-2013, 07:19 PM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
You sound as if it's the church's fault that minorities won't attend there. Have you asked the minorities why they won't?

I have heard this before. If you attend a white church and you are white, it's your fault there are no blacks in your church. If you are white, why don't you attend a black church? I never see anyone accusing black churches of failing to have white people attend their congregations. Why is that, if it's a problem?
Yes it is partially the church's pastor fault that minorities won't attend there.

and yes I have asked some black oneness members why they will not attend UPC churches, care to guess what answer they gave me??

I came to the Lord in a church where the Pastor was white but most of the members were black.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
About the part of the saints not having any part of the moving, it was because we were already so full of fear from him of the impending doom and gloom he was predicting, that it seemed there was no other way out, but to move. He came up with that nonsense, and convinced the saints of it, so as to have the entire group move with him, so he wouldn't have to start over in Texas, but have a ready-made church when he got there, which is exactly what has happened. And he has continued his control in Texas, where if anyone tries to leave... for work, or to get married.... he does the kind of stuff that we are discussing.

You've hinted, although not outright admitted, Bro. Epley, that something has gone very wrong in this man's thinking for him to act this way.
OK, so obviously some others here know this character. This guy has already had a congregation move with him??

I'm curious: How many men in the congregation have had to share their wives with this joker to date? (This is almost ALWAYS the end game of guys like this.)

And he is STILL referenced to as a Man of God???

Last edited by RandyWayne; 11-18-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
The fact that she feels torn indicates she is in rebellion. At least that's what one poster on here would say.
One poster here? ...

The poor girl is broken hearted... she has been given an ultimatum to choose between obeying her pastor and the man she loves, and if she chooses the man she loves, it also means she has to lose all connection to the church she is now a part of, who are really like family. Torn? That is an understatement.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
OK, so obviously some others here know this character. This guy has already had a congregation move with him??

I'm curious: How many men in the congregation have had to share their wives with this joker to date? (This is almost ALWAYS the end game of guys like this.)

And he is STILL referenced as a Man of God???
Yes, he and S. Epley were very close friends for years.

I don't know about the wife-sharing part. GAG!

Yes, he is still referenced as the man of God. Yup.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:33 PM
Registered Member

S. Epley,

Do you think this girl would be in rebellion if she disobeys her pastor and marries the man she loves against his wishes?

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 11-18-2013, 07:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Yes, he and S. Epley were very close friends for years.

I don't know about the wife-sharing part. GAG!

Yes, he is still referenced as the man of God. Yup.
I am not saying he did the wife swapping thing, but in these ultra-controlling churches that is almost always the end game.

I would also be worried about the congregation with this current "comet of the century" circling our Sun. I don't want to hear about them on the Nightly news in a few weeks.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I am not saying he did the wife swapping thing, but in these ultra-controlling churches that is almost always the end game.

I would also be worried about the congregation with this current "comet of the century" circling our Sun. I don't want to hear about them on the Nightly news in a few weeks.
You don't have a clue what you are talking about...Wife swapping??The end game??
Old 11-18-2013, 09:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShaf View Post
You don't have a clue what you are talking about...Wife swapping??The end game??
You obviously don't have a clue about cults and how they end.

Sexual control is the next-to-final conquest, with mass suicide being the ultimate final.