Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Honorary Admin

Re: GNCM Conference @ Christ Church Nashville

When it comes to integrity, Jack Hayford has it. We could all learn some things from him. I respect him as a man of God who is filled with the Holy Ghost!
Old 08-24-2009, 06:54 PM
Psalm 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lemon View Post
I have tried in earnest to get more info on this group, to no avail unfortunately. I like the fact that they hold to the new birth, while not cramming all the traditional Holiness standards stuff down peoples throats.

Thought about joining, but I just am uncomfortable since I don't know anyone involved there, especially the leadership. At any rate.....
What do you mean by this? As far as I know they have no consistent viewpoint on "the new birth", and consist of every kind of belief from Trinitarianism and baptism in the titles to ????
13 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. 14 The entire law is summed up in a single command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other. Galatians 5:13-15 (NIV)

Last edited by Theophil; 08-24-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

The Global group is not designed to be exclusively Oneness, however most are or have a Oneness background.

I would love to hear Jack Hayford preach.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 08-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lemon View Post
I have tried in earnest to get more info on this group, to no avail unfortunately. I like the fact that they hold to the new birth, while not cramming all the traditional Holiness standards stuff down peoples throats.

Thought about joining, but I just am uncomfortable since I don't know anyone involved there, especially the leadership. At any rate.....
If you mean Christ Church in Nashville, you'll have a hard time finding a more kindly and gracious servant/leader than Bro. Hardwick.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Psalm 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
If you mean Christ Church in Nashville, you'll have a hard time finding a more kindly and gracious servant/leader than Bro. Hardwick.
Bro Hardwick is, as you say, a gracious man of God. I think Lemon was referring to Global though.
13 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. 14 The entire law is summed up in a single command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other. Galatians 5:13-15 (NIV)
Old 08-24-2009, 08:57 PM
Psalm 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
...I would love to hear Jack Hayford preach.
I would rather hear Bro. Hardwick.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophil View Post
Bro Hardwick is, as you say, a gracious man of God. I think Lemon was referring to Global though.
Thanks. I can be a little thick sometimes. Global is interesting. I respect a couple of the names in the group. That they're even doing something so broad based is interesting. I have no judgments or conclusions, just wish them all the very best.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:29 AM
Registered Member

Seems like everyone on this post knows alot more than I do about Global as a whole.

The only info I got was from their website, and it appeared as though they hold to the new birth based on their beliefs, but as I said earlier, I don't know nor have I heard of anyone who is a part of the org. I tried calling their headquarters and never got anyone.

Being in the Mid Atlantic...there is not many Global church's around these here parts.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post

People have been known to choke on bones.
Only if they don't have eyes to see the bones...if you know bones might be there, just watch out for them and eat the meat available.

It amazes me the folks who don't hold with going to hear a non-Oneness preacher, but have an office or church library chock full of their books and tapes.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:45 AM
Solid 3 Stepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
When it comes to integrity, Jack Hayford has it. We could all learn some things from him. I respect him as a man of God who is filled with the Holy Ghost!
He may well have received the HG but to my knowledge he refuses to let God guide him into all TRUTH. He said out of his own mouth people are saved without the HG.

[John 16:13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.