Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-10-2019, 06:06 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Meanwhile in Virginia...

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-11-2019, 06:09 AM
Registered Member

Re: Meanwhile in Virginia...

Meanwhile,theCulpeper mayor says he will deputize the residents if the gun law passes. I am from VA and don’t even recognize it anymore. I left 15 years ago.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:11 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

My wife was born and raised in Arlington
Old 12-11-2019, 06:53 AM
Registered Member

If they want your guns give it to them.

Let me ask this question, If the government federal, state, or local demanded your guns what would you do with those guns?

I’m not trying to be funny or sarcastic, this may be something we will have to deal with. I know churches that bring guns to church, but then they go tell inmates at the jail or wherever Jesus is our protection.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:48 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
Meanwhile,theCulpeper mayor says he will deputize the residents if the gun law passes. I am from VA and don’t even recognize it anymore. I left 15 years ago.
I believe 40 counties so far have passed Resolves (!) saying they will not comply. Either folks are writing the grandkids history books, or there may not be any history books (or grandkids to read them)...

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-11-2019, 07:49 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
If they want your guns give it to them.

Let me ask this question, If the government federal, state, or local demanded your guns what would you do with those guns?

I’m not trying to be funny or sarcastic, this may be something we will have to deal with. I know churches that bring guns to church, but then they go tell inmates at the jail or wherever Jesus is our protection.
You are talking about two different things here. One is using guns as protection at a church gathering. The other is having your property taken by force, whether it is horses, food, or your children. We have to keep the eye on the ball and not muddy the water, by lumping everything together. Or else intelligent people will just smile and walk off without any further discussion. The impeachment isn't about Andrew Johnson, or Donald Trump. It is about what is really happening as this is all being played out. Where does this all stop? Just guns being DEMANDED by a government? History shows us that it doesn't end with government taking personal tools of self defense. I personally believe that we don't need self defense tools in a church service. But do you happen to lock the doors of your house, cars, and church building? The tithe and offerings are they placed in a room with a lock? Box with a lock? How about police? Is it alright to use firepower as long as it is being wielded by an unbeliever? I'm just pointing out where all this tends to unravel.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:58 AM
Registered Member

I have several friends who will have no problem giving the government their guns.
One little piece at a time...
Old 12-11-2019, 09:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
You are talking about two different things here. One is using guns as protection at a church gathering. The other is having your property taken by force, whether it is horses, food, or your children. We have to keep the eye on the ball and not muddy the water, by lumping everything together. Or else intelligent people will just smile and walk off without any further discussion. The impeachment isn't about Andrew Johnson, or Donald Trump. It is about what is really happening as this is all being played out. Where does this all stop? Just guns being DEMANDED by a government? History shows us that it doesn't end with government taking personal tools of self defense. I personally believe that we don't need self defense tools in a church service. But do you happen to lock the doors of your house, cars, and church building? The tithe and offerings are they placed in a room with a lock? Box with a lock? How about police? Is it alright to use firepower as long as it is being wielded by an unbeliever? I'm just pointing out where all this tends to unravel.
This is for us, within the church. Bro. Benincasa, I used Church as the main point, because if they bring the guns to church 90% of the time they take them everywhere. You want to protect your property that’s fine, and protect I mean locking you house, cars, Church etc I owned several German Shepherds (grew up with those dogs) and I had warning signs on my property. Your right government will not stop with just taking the guns, the discussion can be then where do we as the church stop? Would a believer take no thought by using deadly force against someone that tried to take or damage your property? I say this because I see believers CC (concealed carry) going into church, going to the stores my personal opinion is your asking for trouble. You want to hunt go ahead I’m a duck hunter, I have several guns, yet I don’t have a CCP, dont need one.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:48 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
I have several friends who will have no problem giving the government their guns.
One little piece at a time...
Old 12-11-2019, 10:04 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
This is for us, within the church. Bro. Benincasa, I used Church as the main point, because if they bring the guns to church 90% of the time they take them everywhere. You want to protect your property that’s fine, and protect I mean locking you house, cars, Church etc I owned several German Shepherds (grew up with those dogs) and I had warning signs on my property. Your right government will not stop with just taking the guns, the discussion can be then where do we as the church stop? Would a believer take no thought by using deadly force against someone that tried to take or damage your property? I say this because I see believers CC (concealed carry) going into church, going to the stores my personal opinion is your asking for trouble. You want to hunt go ahead I’m a duck hunter, I have several guns, yet I don’t have a CCP, dont need one.
Again, we cannot use whether or not a Christian wants to CC or doesn't want to for whatever reason. Concealment of a firearm goes out the window when a government stops allowing their people to arm themselves. When I first came to church I lived with brothers and sisters who never locked their homes, believed calling law enforcement was lack of faith in God. A brother I worked with cutting trees never locked his gang box, and never locked or removed the wheels from our generator. He said if the watchmen doesn't keep the fortress the watch men wake up but still cannot defend. I believe that, but I am going to lock my tool box, and I am going to remove the wheels from the generator. If I have a crane available I may even hook it up and suspend the machine from the hook. God takes care of things where I have missed taking precautions. Satan challenges Jesus to jump off the temple. Satan quotes scriptures, and Jesus returns with an answer that no one should called God by saying that God is obliged to come to the aid if we jump off a building. Just because the scriptures speak of divine protection. A brother wants to lock his doors before he has church service? Who am I to say he isn't taking precautions which he feels he needs to take as pastor? Brother keeps a loaded shotgun under the pulpit? Sister Thibodaux, has a Smith & Wesson XVR 460 Magnum under her pew. I don't, I personally don't believe it is necessary, but that's me. What another pastor wants to insure his congregations safety, that's his call. But if a government decides to demand our personal property. Then that's a whole different horse, of another color.

Last edited by Evang.Benincasa; 12-11-2019 at 10:09 AM.