Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:52 PM
Dr. Vaughn

Your joking right? Branhamism???

Oh the love here just gets thicker and thicker.... that was a low blow
Old 05-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Pot Stirrer

Re: Your joking right? Branhamism???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
Oh the love here just gets thicker and thicker.... that was a low blow

WHY? you folks do have a totally different belief don't you ?

I doubt it's a putdown
Old 05-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Jellybean!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Branhamism

If Wiki says it's Branhamism, then it's Branhamism, right?
Old 05-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

I don't see anything wrong with the term. Why be ashamed?
Old 05-30-2008, 07:27 PM
Pot Stirrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
I don't see anything wrong with the term. Why be ashamed?

why be ashamed...exactly!
Old 05-30-2008, 11:06 PM
Go Dodgers!

Guys...we can't win with this guy. He wants to believe he is a pariah....an outcast....a martyr and this was just another attempt on the evil Pentecostals to persecute him

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Registered Member

the reason (message believers) as they like to be called dont like the term brahnamite is because one of the big selling points of their system is that they are" non denominational" and not an "organized religion". im with you though why be ashamed. i dont get that.? the people who would be most offended by the label of brahnamite are the people who have a picture or two in their home or office of william brahnam. im not trying to be rude or mean, its just how it is. ive lived around it for close to thirty years. ive seen the whole spectrum of believers in "the message". most of them are wonderfull sincere believers. i just believe they are sincerely wrong.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Registered Member

see my post down below yours. i agree with you sister.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:57 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary boyd View Post
the reason (message believers) as they like to be called dont like the term brahnamite is because one of the big selling points of their system is that they are" non denominational" and not an "organized religion". im with you though why be ashamed. i dont get that.? the people who would be most offended by the label of brahnamite are the people who have a picture or two in their home or office of william brahnam. im not trying to be rude or mean, its just how it is. ive lived around it for close to thirty years. ive seen the whole spectrum of believers in "the message". most of them are wonderfull sincere believers. i just believe they are sincerely wrong.
I am mostly with your perception. I too have friends in the "message" and they are as sincere and as caring as any. But, their adherence to Billy Branham is shameful all too often. And there are idolaters in their ranks, no doubt about it.

Years ago I went to a meeting with a former Gospel Assembly minister of some 40 years in the ranks of the GA's. After the "after meeting" with the preachers gathered around the table talking about the "message," the old preacher said to me as we were leaving, "son, these men are idolaters." Sad but true in some cases.

No cult has ever disbanded over failed prophecy or heresy, hence, the JW's, the Adventists, the Mormons, etc. They grew larger and more wealthy. They compassed land and sea with their doctrines of Saturday obligation for worship, the "prophet," Joe, etc. The Message has their "Joe," and their obligatory doctrinal code to be part of the "bride." They have a "pope." Pope Branham tho he denied such a title during his life, it seemed he enjoyed the adulation. We are but flesh and it is a daily chore to continually crucify those impulses to be magnified in the eyes of others. Then, it came to its end.

Even so, come soon Lord Jesus.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Born Again Believer!

Ok, so I have a branhamite who likes to come to our church.
At first, he came to convert us, and I didn't much care to be around him because of his lying spirit. He would make up things in testimonies, and talk about how great he was. I believe in miracles, but this guy just would tell out and out lies, like how he has a friend who was a part of the azusa st revival.... (happened circa 1906... he's only in his fifties) but we did love him, my pastor tried not to offend him and now lately he's been coming, lifting his hands at the altar, and being moved on by God. I will continue to pray for him that he would have the lens of deception removed from his eyes, if you would pray for him too. His name is Dan.
It is not my job to decide what is a heaven or hell issue, that's up to scripture. It is not my job to privately interpret scripture, adding or taking away, that is wrong as well. It is however commissioned to me to rightly divide the word of truth and to study to show myself approved. God's blessings. JBol