Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 11-16-2017, 04:05 PM
Registered Member

Re: Moore is toast

Moore can prevail in this.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

Per RCP, Moore's lead is from 3% (RCP average) to 10% (Emerson poll).

The National Repuglican Senatorial Committee claims their poll shows Moore down 12%. smh

Why are they so afraid of Judge Roy Moore?
Old 11-16-2017, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

If you're on Twitter, @ThomasWictor has good information and thoughts on this issue.

"""In 1977, Roy Moore graduated from the University of Alabama School of Law. The school holds its ceremony in May. After graduating, Moore returned to Gadsden and opened up a private practice. Everything I've read says that Moore's practice was small.

In 1977, Moore was appointed the first full-time Assistant District Attorney of Etowah County.

The accuser says that Moore was a celebrity in Gadsden. In her press conference, she called him the District Attorney and said that EVERYBODY knew him.

I've spent all of today on http://newspapers.com , and I can find NOTHING about Roy Moore as ADA. There is not a single article about Moore that was published in 1977. He was unknown to journalism.

The accuser says that SHE--as a 16-year-old--knew who Roy Moore was. She was flattered when he asked to sign her yearbook on December 22, 1977.

How long did it take Roy Moore to become the Most Famous Man in Gadsden? Less than three months. In three months, Roy Moore DITCHED a lifetime of discipline and values, and went BANANAS! "Yahoo! I'm famous! Look out, girls, because here comes ROY!"

Moore's father died while Moore attended West Point. Moore's siblings say that Roy became the father. They credit him with keeping them out of trouble. Moore went to Vietnam, where he was known as "Captain America" for his discipline. He had to sleep on sandbags because soldiers had threatened to roll a hand grenade under his bunk. After Vietnam, Moore went to law school. He PICKED COTTON to make ends meets. Then he started a law practice.

But!

As soon as he was appointed Assistant District Attorney, IT WAS PARTY TIME! He was getting paid HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS! So NOW was the time to THROW AWAY EVERYTHING HE STOOD FOR, and in less than THREE MONTHS, he was The Most Famous Man in Gadsden.

Just one question: ARE WE ALL INSANE NOW?

This is an un-story. One of the most blatantly phony political hit jobs I've ever seen. Showing reporters anime cartoons of the victim as she looked when she was an ethereal teenager fighting off The Most Famous Man in Gadsden?

People want me to talk about the accuser, but that's not necessary. The ACCUSATIONS are fake. That's all that matters.

I DO want to thank Gloria Allred for goading me into researching Roy Moore. All I knew about him was the Ten Commandments issue. Now I admire and support the judge, though I disagree with many or most of his social positions.

I want the judge elected for two reasons: One, he endured one of the most vicious smear jobs in the history of American politics. This stuff dates back to the pre-Civil War era. I NEVER thought I'd see things like this in MY era.

The second reason I want the judge elected is that he'll blow up Washington. It NEEDS blowing up, as this smear job shows."""
Old 11-16-2017, 05:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Per RCP, Moore's lead is from 3% (RCP average) to 10% (Emerson poll).

The National Repuglican Senatorial Committee claims their poll shows Moore down 12%. smh

Why are they so afraid of Judge Roy Moore?
Funny that in this case we cannot trust a GOP poll.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:28 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Funny that in this case we cannot trust a GOP poll.
So far as I'm concerned, there's not one poll that's worth the breath it takes to say the word 'poll'. They're even less meaningful than throwing darts at a dartboard.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
So far as I'm concerned, there's not one poll that's worth the breath it takes to say the word 'poll'. They're even less meaningful than throwing darts at a dartboard.
True. Does anyone remember if any poll was right about the '16 election?