Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Registered Member

Re: Peak 2009

how i wish there would be a peak here in Philippines ^_^
Old 04-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUNWORTHY View Post
Now here's a song that really has some spiritual depth. Someone must have written their bad dream about rain in the face.

Rain, rain on my face
It hasn't stopped raining for days
My world is a flood
Slowly I become one with the mud

[Chorus:]

But if I can't swim after forty days
and my mind is crushed by the thrashing waves
Lift me up so high that I cannot fall
Lift me up
Lift me up - when I'm falling
Lift me up - I'm weak and I'm dying
Lift me up - I need you to hold me
Lift me up - Keep me from drowning again

Downpour on my soul
Splashing in the ocean, I'm losing control
Dark sky all around
I can't feel my feet touching the ground

[Chorus]

Calm the storms that drench my eyes
Dry the streams still flowing
Cast down all the waves of sin
And guilt that overthrow me

[Chorus]

Lift me up - when I'm falling
Lift me up - I'm weak and I'm dying
Lift me up - I need you to hold me
Lift me up - Keep me from drowning again (how many times can you drown?)
what is the title of this song?thx and God bless
Old 10-07-2010, 04:08 AM
Registered Member

Exclamation Re: Peak 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by On The Wheel View Post
The WPF sowed discord among the brethren and purposely amplified small or irrelevant issues to carve off a slice of the apostolic movement in hopes of causing a political shift to their side.
IS THAT WHY? IT WAS POLITICAL? FUNNY, HERE ALL ALONG I THOUGH IT WAS BECAUSE SOME MEN DIDNT LIKE THE CHANGE OF DIRECTION THE UPCI WAS MAKING.
Who is advertising on TV in the UPCI? Hardly none. = SOME
Who uses the internet to broadcast everthing? WPF.
TV and the Internet are almost one, = NOT ONE and the Res. 4 a mute point. IF IT IS MUTE, IT IS BECAUSE SOO MANY OF THE PUSHERS OF IT ALREADY HAD A TV IN THEIR HOMES AND THEY JUST WANTED IT OFF OF THE "BOOKS" SO THEIR CONSCIENCE COULD REST A LITTLE EASIER. SHAMEFULL. WAIT....OR DDNT YOU KNOW THIS? The big splitters knew this.

I personally know many of the leaders of the WPF and many pastors. They are fine men in many regards. Great preachers, teachers, and in some cases, great pastors. However, the messiah complex, the need to lead, is prominent among them, sorry to say. "MESSIAH COMPLEX"? YOU MUST KNOW MANY MEN THAT I DO NOT.
"THE NEED TO LEAD"...AND YOU ARE SORRY THAT IT IS PROMINENT? NEWSFLASH: WHEN YOU ARE CALLED OF GOD, LEADERSHIP IS AUTOMATIC. JUST FOR CLARITY: IT IS REALIZED AND PRACTICED IN THE REAL WORLD; AN ONLINE FOURM DOSENT REALLY COUNT, SORRY.
Does this negate all the good they do? Certainly not! But, the truth is the truth anyway.

Surely you truth proclaiming, holiness breastbeaters should appreciate this more than us, "Fat meat isn't greasy" folks.

By the way, we could have all used some upbeat, encouraging words a year and a half ago, when all of you were selling all of us in the UPCI down the river,ascribing pernicious motives to men you did not even know, and burning up the phone lines in the midnight hours wooing men from a lifetime of fellowship in order to be "together". WOW, WAS IT TRULY LIKE THAT?!? ALL OF US DOING ALL OF THAT TO ALL OF YOU?

I guess what's good for you is not good for me. The double standard I often find among your kind is making me increasingly sick. I hope you are not one of these.
I was raised UPCI and loved it greatly. I still have many friends there who I love, too. There is simply too many people, who know too little, posting too much. The WPF was not startrd for political gains AT ALL. With true respect, I dont know you, but you sound like a 17 year old political intern trying to gain points at an office that you just started working in last week: well-intentioned (hopefully), ignorant (simply lacking knowledge) and over anxious to champion a cause just because it feels good to you and sounds good to the others in your situation.
I pray we can move past this junk and live for God according to His word, win the lost and help establish them in truth, forgetting politics, which do nothing but afflict the kingdom of God. Blessings in your efforts to do this. A card means nothing. His spirit means everything.
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.
Isaiah 54:17`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````````````````````````````````
Old 10-07-2010, 04:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Richmond View Post
I was raised UPCI and loved it greatly. I still have many friends there who I love, too. There is simply too many people, who know too little, posting too much. The WPF was not startrd for political gains AT ALL. With true respect, I dont know you, but you sound like a 17 year old political intern trying to gain points at an office that you just started working in last week: well-intentioned (hopefully), ignorant (simply lacking knowledge) and over anxious to champion a cause just because it feels good to you and sounds good to the others in your situation.
I pray we can move past this junk and live for God according to His word, win the lost and help establish them in truth, forgetting politics, which do nothing but afflict the kingdom of God. Blessings in your efforts to do this. A card means nothing. His spirit means everything.
Just a couple of points sir ,i thought they didnt "LICENSE' people ,yet you say your licensed, at least this is what we were told(so there would be no conflict with the cant hold two licenses rule, for those who wished to keep their license with the upc,and their are some who do) and two are you saying no one in the wpf broadcasts on the internet ? because thats not true ,ps he pastors in cali. and live streams everything ,and thats just one that i know. Also the scripture in Isiah could also refer to the wpf being a weapon formed against the upc, otherwise stop saying it applies to you. And finally why was the upc ministers list used as a virtual mailing list to invite people to join the WPF? A violation of the paper you sign when you get this list from the UPC(to not use it for anything but upc related)

Last edited by canam; 10-07-2010 at 04:43 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canam View Post
Just a couple of points sir ,i thought they didnt "LICENSE' people ,yet you say your licensed, at least this is what we were told(so there would be no conflict with the cant hold two licenses rule, for those who wished to keep their license with the upc,and their are some who do) and two are you saying no one in the wpf broadcasts on the internet ? because thats not true ,ps he pastors in cali. and live streams everything ,and thats just one that i know. Also the scripture in Isiah could also refer to the wpf being a weapon formed against the upc, otherwise stop saying it applies to you. And finally why was the upc ministers list used as a virtual mailing list to invite people to join the WPF? A violation of the paper you sign when you get this list from the UPC(to not use it for anything but upc related)
Good morning canam.

I have a card with my name on it. If that qualifies as licensed or not, is a matter of opinion, I suppose. I am a member, although I removed that from my sig before I read you post; i dont want people thinking that im just defending it because I am apart of it. I am not. I just prefer to stay factual in all my dealings; it's certianly not all about me but about truth.

How did I say that no one in the WPF broadcasts online? If that came across somehow, it was unintentional, for I, too, know of men who do.

Now, "Also the scripture in Isiah could also refer to the wpf being a weapon formed against the upc, otherwise stop saying it applies to you." Your sentence structure is lacking, but I digress. Are you serious? This just happens to be my favorite scripture, therefore I use it in my signature. Is that OK with you? I can indeed say that it applies to me with or without your, or anyone else's permission, because it does.

Also, in referance to "the WPF being a weapon formed against the UPC", the scripture "in Isiah" says that it "shall not prosper." That certainly rules-out the WPF for obvious reasons. There is much God-given prosperity in the WPF all over the world already. It is however, funny that you really would try to use that scripture in that fashon. Well, maybe "funny" isnt really too accurate...

Finally, if you wish to discuss "violations of papers" perhaps you should ponder on the former UPC "paper" that the ministers signed that talked about what was expected of them. Much more upsetting and dissapointing than using a list of names as a mailing list, if that indeed exactly happend. From all I know, that's not exactly what happend at all.

Good day.
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.
Isaiah 54:17`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````````````````````````````````
Old 10-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Registered Member

Your spelling in startd leaves much to be desired but i digress, My point is that scripture isnt just yours, it also belongs to others,and the WPF is promoted to be a weapon against the UPC, especially when they are proslytizing members and this has happened to two upc pastors in my family, that were sent letters to join them.That is unethical.And a card is a license, lets not mince words, which they have been trying to do, by saying they are not licensing men when they are. Its an organization, not just a "fellowship"again, just to dodge the no licensing with two org. requirement of the UPC. This thing wasnt done in a corner so why the secrecy?My point on the internet was that they left over tv but they promote the use of the internet which is far more dangerous.Im sick of the double talk and double standards you cant go to the movies but you can go to imax.You cant go to worldy amusements ie sports, but its ok to go Branson and all the shows there,cant go to fairs but Dollywood is ok, along with Busch Gardens sponsored by Busch Beer.but dont go to Busch Stadium.And six flags over anywhere is ok, same people dressed the same way. So on and on it goes,if your gonna live a life of separation then stop the games and do it. BTW.my parents were pioneers and are UPC longer than you have been alive and i attend a so called WPF church, so I know what IM talking about.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Banned

Cody Marks. What does anyone know about this WPF evangelist?
Old 10-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canam View Post
Your spelling in startd leaves much to be desired but i digress, I KNEW that was coming! My point is that scripture isnt just yours, it also belongs to others,and the WPF is promoted to be a weapon against the UPC, especially when they are proslytizing members and this has happened to two upc pastors in my family, that were sent letters to join them. Again, that scripture is my signature and has nothing to do with the topic at hand.That is unethical.And a card is a license, lets not mince words, which they have been trying to do, by saying they are not licensing men when they are. Its an organization, not just a "fellowship"again, just to dodge the no licensing with two org. requirement of the UPC. This thing wasnt done in a corner so why the secrecy?My point on the internet was that they left over tv but they promote the use of the internet which is far more dangerous.Im sick of the double talk and double standards you cant go to the movies but you can go to imax.You cant go to worldy amusements ie sports, but its ok to go Branson and all the shows there,cant go to fairs but Dollywood is ok, along with Busch Gardens sponsored by Busch Beer.but dont go to Busch Stadium.And six flags over anywhere is ok, same people dressed the same way. So on and on it goes,if your gonna live a life of separation then stop the games and do it. BTW.my parents were pioneers and are UPC longer than you have been alive and i attend a so called WPF church, so I know what IM talking about.
So-called, huh? Your words seem to indicate that there is much bitterness in your spirit. And after this long? Wow, that's not good at all. And although you may attend a WPF church, just because the preacher preaches it a certain way there, dosent mean that thats the way the WPF has instructed him to preach or not to preach. The bottom line is this: there are many good men on both sides that are doing their best to obey God and lead others in the ways of righteousness. The past is over and neither side should live in it. Agreed?
Old 10-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialite View Post
Cody Marks. What does anyone know about this WPF evangelist?
29 years old. Very anointed. Old school. Holiness. Seperation. Revival. Lives in CA. Wife and young kids. I'm too sleepy to give more info...
Why do you ask? Have you heard him?
Old 10-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Richmond View Post
So-called, huh? Your words seem to indicate that there is much bitterness in your spirit. And after this long? Wow, that's not good at all. And although you may attend a WPF church, just because the preacher preaches it a certain way there, dosent mean that thats the way the WPF has instructed him to preach or not to preach. The bottom line is this: there are many good men on both sides that are doing their best to obey God and lead others in the ways of righteousness. The past is over and neither side should live in it. Agreed?
Agreed, BTW not bitter, dont read between the lines , just pointing out some things that dont add up. And both sides are guilty of doing some things the wrong way. Ps Cody Marks good man ,done several revivals at my son in laws church.

Last edited by canam; 10-07-2010 at 02:58 PM.