Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Re: WPF back to UPCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Richmond View Post
How so?
By using their affiliation and influence within the UPCI to garner support for a new organization, among other things. The ethical thing would have been to leave the organization independently, making personal objections clear in the appropriate venues (letters to superiors and statements at business meetings in front of everyone). If someone else was interested in following, they could then do so of their own volition and without undue influence.

It's typical, though, that people feel the need to have a large group of supporters before they can act. However, it doesn't illustrate courage.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 11-20-2010, 06:38 PM
Registered Member

Unhappy Re: WPF back to UPCI

Well indeed, it makes so much sense. UPCI lost the right wing to the WPF and in an attempt to coax them back, the lose the left. With little hope of the right wing returning. Sounds like a turkey to me.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:39 AM
Scripture > Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmidwest View Post
Well indeed, it makes so much sense. UPCI lost the right wing to the WPF and in an attempt to coax them back, the lose the left. With little hope of the right wing returning. Sounds like a turkey to me.
The right wing is still well in place in the UPCI. They just lost those who wanted to be a bishop without having to go through the process of kissing enough preacher booty to get the votes on a district or general level.

Name-calling is the last resort of an exhausted mind.

When people have the facts, they argue the facts.

When they don't have the facts, they call names.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consapostolic1 View Post
If people left the UPCI for the WPF due to what they saw as a slipping away of the standards, etc. then of do you think they'll return since the UPCI began reaffirming its stand for the protection of those issues? I think a lot of people have too many ties to the UPCI to be apart of the WPF which is now very similar. I also believe that many of the moderate/conservative preaches left because they weren't sure where the UPCI was trying to stand on the holiness issues. Now that the UPCI is declaring their stance I think the returns are inevitable. What do you ladies and gentlemen think?

Yes, I do believe it is inevitable that those who departed from the UPCI to form the WPF will someday return, but not necessarily because the UPCI began reaffirming its stand for the protection of the (holiness) standards which those who left it saw slipping away.

Indeed, I believe that every Oneness Apostolic Pentecostal group, regardless of the name by which they are known, will soon become a completely unified group, because I believe that the church, the Bride of Christ which He will receive unto Himself at His soon appearance, MUST be without spot, blemish, or wrinkle; that is to say, totally unified.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafon View Post
Yes, I do believe it is inevitable that those who departed from the UPCI to form the WPF will someday return, but not necessarily because the UPCI began reaffirming its stand for the protection of the (holiness) standards which those who left it saw slipping away.

Indeed, I believe that every Oneness Apostolic Pentecostal group, regardless of the name by which they are known, will soon become a completely unified group, because I believe that the church, the Bride of Christ which He will receive unto Himself at His soon appearance, MUST be without spot, blemish, or wrinkle; that is to say, totally unified.
Perhaps the UPC/PAW/AMF/WPF/ETC will become united as part of the great harlot during the tribulation period?

As far as the second thought, God HAS a Church, and in His sight She IS without spot, blemish, or wrinkle because She has been washed in His blood and is clothed in His holiness.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 12-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Pride of the Neighborhood

The Lamb's Book of Life will be written on a 3x5 card...

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
The Lamb's Book of Life will be written on a 3x5 card...
Old 12-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Stranger in a Strange Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Perhaps the UPC/PAW/AMF/WPF/ETC will become united as part of the great harlot during the tribulation period?

As far as the second thought, God HAS a Church, and in His sight She IS without spot, blemish, or wrinkle because She has been washed in His blood and is clothed in His holiness.
AMEN!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Registered Member

Some may feel the need to return to upci, but it will probably be the exception and not the rule. I attended the first meeting in Tulsa, OK not knowing just what to do after the upci's general conference in Tampa. I had some other issues that I had concerning the leadership of the upci, but the issue of television was the deciding factor for me to leave this organization I had been apart of since being born again in February 4, 1973.

I went just to see what this new organization was all about. Thi greatest concern that I had was the spirit of the meeting. If it would have been a upci basting meeting (and there have been meeting like that) I would not have join this group, I could have went independant, but I like to belong to an organization that there are brother who believe what I believe. I was impressed by how the meeting went. UPCI was not the focal point of the meeting. The leaders did not even bring up the vote that took place in Tampa. I was going to go home and just think about it, when I realized that I liked what was said and what I felt. I joined the last day of the meeting and as they say, "the rest is history".

It is not the intent of wpf to evangelize though in the upci. The leadership discouages it and though I have not been into social media, I have heard some of the untrues that
have been circulated concerning some of the leaders of the wpf. Social media is good if one does not let it take the place of a telephone as a new way to gossip.

I do not know about what Bro. French has done, because I have not talked to him. Wpf does not require that a minister give up his upci license to join the wpf. A minister in the wpf can belong to other organizations, so maybe Bro. French never gave up his license in the upci to begin with.

I am not a disgruntle member of the upci. I have many friend who are still with the upci, even my pastor who I sat under for 23 years. I believe in truth as declared by the Bible and if anyone believe the same he or she is my brother or sister. There are quite a few upci ministers who attend our conventions and we welcome them to enjoy our services.

To be apostolic a person has to be followers of what the Apostles taught and preached. My roots go back further that when two organization came together to form the United Petecostal Church. It goes further back than 1917 when those, who through studying. believed what the Bible said concerning baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and was literally kick out of the Assembly of God conference. It goes back futher than azusa street. It goes back to when the Apostle started the New Testament Church. Remember that those who establish this church were taught by Jesus himself when he walked the earth and after He rose from the dead. Jesus spent 40 days teaching them about this glorious message of Repentance, baptism in Jesus name, and the infilling of the Holy Ghost. From that time until now there has always been believers who have preached this message even though sometimes the numbers have
been few. I is our responsibility to continue what the Apostles of the first century taught.

God Bless
wpfpreacher
Old 12-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpfpreacher View Post
Some may feel the need to return to upci, but it will probably be the exception and not the rule. I attended the first meeting in Tulsa, OK not knowing just what to do after the upci's general conference in Tampa. I had some other issues that I had concerning the leadership of the upci, but the issue of television was the deciding factor for me to leave this organization I had been apart of since being born again in February 4, 1973.

I went just to see what this new organization was all about. Thi greatest concern that I had was the spirit of the meeting. If it would have been a upci basting meeting (and there have been meeting like that) I would not have join this group, I could have went independant, but I like to belong to an organization that there are brother who believe what I believe. I was impressed by how the meeting went. UPCI was not the focal point of the meeting. The leaders did not even bring up the vote that took place in Tampa. I was going to go home and just think about it, when I realized that I liked what was said and what I felt. I joined the last day of the meeting and as they say, "the rest is history".

It is not the intent of wpf to evangelize though in the upci. The leadership discouages it and though I have not been into social media, I have heard some of the untrues that
have been circulated concerning some of the leaders of the wpf. Social media is good if one does not let it take the place of a telephone as a new way to gossip.

I do not know about what Bro. French has done, because I have not talked to him. Wpf does not require that a minister give up his upci license to join the wpf. A minister in the wpf can belong to other organizations, so maybe Bro. French never gave up his license in the upci to begin with.

I am not a disgruntle member of the upci. I have many friend who are still with the upci, even my pastor who I sat under for 23 years. I believe in truth as declared by the Bible and if anyone believe the same he or she is my brother or sister. There are quite a few upci ministers who attend our conventions and we welcome them to enjoy our services.

To be apostolic a person has to be followers of what the Apostles taught and preached. My roots go back further that when two organization came together to form the United Petecostal Church. It goes further back than 1917 when those, who through studying. believed what the Bible said concerning baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and was literally kick out of the Assembly of God conference. It goes back futher than azusa street. It goes back to when the Apostle started the New Testament Church. Remember that those who establish this church were taught by Jesus himself when he walked the earth and after He rose from the dead. Jesus spent 40 days teaching them about this glorious message of Repentance, baptism in Jesus name, and the infilling of the Holy Ghost. From that time until now there has always been believers who have preached this message even though sometimes the numbers have
been few. I is our responsibility to continue what the Apostles of the first century taught.

God Bless
wpfpreacher
ARE you serious????