Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Information Station
Facebook

Notices

The Information Station A help forum with answers to frequently asked questions - includes our Forum Rules and updates or announcements from the Admin Team.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 06-29-2012, 08:11 PM
hometown guy hometown guy is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,400
Re: Fresno, CA churches??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
So then I may just know what Im talking about just a year or so too late now eh?

Ok, Big deal. Let's change it to, he preaches you need to have a filter on their internet. So I wasn't that far off, so it begs the question why you are being so belligerent
Preaching against using the Internet and preaching the need for a filter is not even close to the same so yes you are way off
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,477
Re: Fresno, CA churches??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
Preaching against using the Internet and preaching the need for a filter is not even close to the same so yes you are way off
Right but oddly when Truthseeker said they USED to preach against the internet, rather than jump all over him as you did with me, you simply claimed ignorance and suggested it could have been...and so it could have been at one time this was true. So if Im wrong, Im simply off by a few years and things have changed. Does that warrant a belligerent response though?

Nor does it have to be close, the point was this may not be the kind of church this person was looking for, or maybe it is. I was simply letting her know what I've heard.
__________________
Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic Forum.
Apostolic is defined on AFF as:


  1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-29-2012, 09:26 PM
hometown guy hometown guy is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,400
Re: Fresno, CA churches??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Right but oddly when Truthseeker said they USED to preach against the internet, rather than jump all over him as you did with me, you simply claimed ignorance and suggested it could have been...and so it could have been at one time this was true. So if Im wrong, Im simply off by a few years and things have changed. Does that warrant a belligerent response though?

Nor does it have to be close, the point was this may not be the kind of church this person was looking for, or maybe it is. I was simply letting her know what I've heard.
I've only been acquainted with the church for the last 7 to 8 years so I can't say what happened before that but if it was a young person who told u that then they must have still been in elementry school if thats the case. I still doubt that he has ever took a stand totally against it but I'll be able to find that out some other time
And about your point... Of course no one would want to go there the way u put it and u could have put " I heard from someone that they don't do such and such" ... This pastor and church are not control freaks like u made it sound. and I
would be careful to talk about some of Gods people like that. How would u like it if some people were saying stuff about your church that was not true just because they heard it from someone in your church?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-29-2012, 10:13 PM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,477
Re: Fresno, CA churches??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
I've only been acquainted with the church for the last 7 to 8 years so I can't say what happened before that but if it was a young person who told u that then they must have still been in elementry school if thats the case. I still doubt that he has ever took a stand totally against it but I'll be able to find that out some other time
And about your point... Of course no one would want to go there the way u put it and u could have put " I heard from someone that they don't do such and such" ... This pastor and church are not control freaks like u made it sound. and I
would be careful to talk about some of Gods people like that. How would u like it if some people were saying stuff about your church that was not true just because they heard it from someone in your church?
she was a teen I believe.

The way I put it? Yes I heard they didn't allow Internet. Why is that surprising? I know for a fact some churches preach against internet just as they do against TV.

I also never said anyone was a control freak. Now you are just putting words in my mouth. Wow.

Are you saying you know for fact they allow TV now? Why not just be upfront with this person? She was asking, why hide it?

Yeah I heard they did not allow internet for the youth. Oooooo wow. Big deal. You act like I accused the pastor of adultery or something. They are still a very conservative church and this person wants to know what kind of church it was. Why try to cover that fact up? ok so what if they do allow internet and this Pentecostal girl from that church was wrong?

Or maybe it was something else, they did not allow them to visit forums, the point is it's a very conservative church and thats what she wanted to know. There is no need to become belligerent
__________________
Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic Forum.
Apostolic is defined on AFF as:


  1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-29-2012, 10:50 PM
hometown guy hometown guy is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,400
Re: Fresno, CA churches??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Unless you want Ultra Con, control your life, church, don't go there.

They were UPCI and pulled out because, supposedly, the UPC was too liberal.
Vaughn Morton is the Pastor...if you like that fine.
This was your response....I'm not putting words in your mouth
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-29-2012, 10:53 PM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,477
Re: Fresno, CA churches??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
This was your response....I'm not putting words in your mouth
thats right. I did NOT say anyone was a control freak. By "control" I clearly meant they tell saints not to have TVs or use the internet.

If you believe that makes them control freaks,that's your opinion.

The Military is controlling but that does not equate being control freaks
__________________
Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic Forum.
Apostolic is defined on AFF as:


  1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-29-2012, 10:56 PM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,477
Re: Fresno, CA churches??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
How would you know I know nothing about it?

Im VERY well aware of Vaughn Morton. I have had contact with members to so I know a big about that church.

I don't believe what I said was harsh at all. They are Ultra Cons and if you LIKE that sort of stuff, that is for you. Yes UCs tend to be controlling. Telling you not to have a TV, not to use the Internet (Yes I met someone from this church who was told she can't use the Internet) etc etc.

Nothing harsh there.
See?
__________________
Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic Forum.
Apostolic is defined on AFF as:


  1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-29-2012, 10:59 PM
hometown guy hometown guy is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,400
Re: Fresno, CA churches??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
See?
Ya I seen that halfway down the secound page after u already said what u said in your first post and got your hand called on it
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-29-2012, 11:08 PM
hometown guy hometown guy is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,400
Re: Fresno, CA churches??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
she was a teen I believe.

The way I put it? Yes I heard they didn't allow Internet. Why is that surprising? I know for a fact some churches preach against internet just as they do against TV.

I also never said anyone was a control freak. Now you are just putting words in my mouth. Wow.

Are you saying you know for fact they allow TV now? Why not just be upfront with this person? She was asking, why hide it?

Yeah I heard they did not allow internet for the youth. Oooooo wow. Big deal. You act like I accused the pastor of adultery or something. They are still a very conservative church and this person wants to know what kind of church it was. Why try to cover that fact up? ok so what if they do allow internet and this Pentecostal girl from that church was wrong?

Or maybe it was something else, they did not allow them to visit forums, the point is it's a very conservative church and thats what she wanted to know. There is no need to become belligerent
I'm glad to hear your so in tune with what the cons are preaching against. I can't think of one here in Cali that preach against the use of Internet so maybe you could bring me up to speed on these churches.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-29-2012, 11:21 PM
Renee29 Renee29 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 88
Re: Fresno, CA churches??

Anyone??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee29 View Post
Does anyone know anything about North Calvary church in Fresno??
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is anyone in Fresno? nahkoe Fellowship Hall 35 12-29-2008 03:08 PM
Green Churches: Churches Building Green ChristopherHall The Newsroom 7 04-14-2008 09:05 AM
Coming to Fresno, Ca. missions concert Feb, 29th! Sandra The Music Room 57 03-04-2008 12:28 AM
Churches And W-2 Forms. Scott Hutchinson Fellowship Hall 6 09-20-2007 11:22 AM
Too many churches or not enough? Praxeas Fellowship Hall 29 05-18-2007 12:20 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Jito463
- by Amanah
- by shwnrob
- by Amanah

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.