Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Holy Unto The Lord

Why I Asked To Come Back...

I have been asked as to why I asked to come back on AFF. The following are my reasons...

Well, much has happened the past few weeks, and I think it is best to start off with why I asked to be reinstated here on AFF. The truth is, there are two reasons.

1) The family issues. The past few weeks have been rough on yours truly, and eye opening as well. I watched as all that Hell could throw at me to effect me was thrown at me. I watched my Mom almost die in front of me, , my life turn upside down, my whole thought process go from confused to all out insane, and my life become torn in three hundred differing pieces. Some of these things you know of, and some you do not, and I do not want to share specifics as of now. I am still reeling from even surviving them all. I remembered how AFF helped me through the passing of my Dad and other personal crises in my life, and I am grateful for the help.

2) A restoration has happened, one I thought I had become too far away from. This past Monday night, I was invited to take part in a momentous occasion, as like minded brethren joined together and fellowshipped. This became the official start of something miraculous, as during this small but powerful meeting, men of God laid hands on me, such as our own James Griffin, and God began a restoring and renewing within me of the doctrinal beliefs I had tried unsuccessfully to distance myself from. God did a renewal, and showed me the path by which His grace is an Apostolic doctrine, just as Oneness and Jesus name baptism is, and how this needs to be taught as such. Because AFF is such a diverse group of individuals, I felt that I should come back and share as the Lord has blessed, in order to bless others.

OK, so these are my reasons. I hope, whether conservative or liberal, we can come to an understanding.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Re: Why I Asked To Come Back...

Brother Price v247
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 07-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Pot Stirrer

God Bless you Bill I've always liked having you around
the forum. I don't know if you knew this but I stuck for you
long ago when EVERYONE was against you- just so you know

now, are you still holding up the Apostolic Standards of
Holiness/???
Old 07-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Holy Unto The Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Brother Price v247
v. 250...

Don't you keep count anymore?!
Old 07-24-2008, 07:42 PM
Holy Unto The Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMark View Post
God Bless you Bill I've always liked having you around
the forum. I don't know if you knew this but I stuck for you
long ago when EVERYONE was against you- just so you know

now, are you still holding up the Apostolic Standards of
Holiness/???
If you mean, am I holding the standards of salvation holiness... no. I do believe that a repentant life will cause a soul to become modest in all areas of life, and that doing so will bring about a differentiation from the world. But, standards as I once did, no. I am still the liberal Bill.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Price View Post
I have been asked as to why I asked to come back on AFF. The following are my reasons...

Well, much has happened the past few weeks, and I think it is best to start off with why I asked to be reinstated here on AFF. The truth is, there are two reasons.

1) The family issues. The past few weeks have been rough on yours truly, and eye opening as well. I watched as all that Hell could throw at me to effect me was thrown at me. I watched my Mom almost die in front of me, , my life turn upside down, my whole thought process go from confused to all out insane, and my life become torn in three hundred differing pieces. Some of these things you know of, and some you do not, and I do not want to share specifics as of now. I am still reeling from even surviving them all. I remembered how AFF helped me through the passing of my Dad and other personal crises in my life, and I am grateful for the help.

2) A restoration has happened, one I thought I had become too far away from. This past Monday night, I was invited to take part in a momentous occasion, as like minded brethren joined together and fellowshipped. This became the official start of something miraculous, as during this small but powerful meeting, men of God laid hands on me, such as our own James Griffin, and God began a restoring and renewing within me of the doctrinal beliefs I had tried unsuccessfully to distance myself from. God did a renewal, and showed me the path by which His grace is an Apostolic doctrine, just as Oneness and Jesus name baptism is, and how this needs to be taught as such. Because AFF is such a diverse group of individuals, I felt that I should come back and share as the Lord has blessed, in order to bless others.

OK, so these are my reasons. I hope, whether conservative or liberal, we can come to an understanding.
Ok. So does this mean you are back to believing in baptism, speaking in tongues, and are now a three stepper again? Please clarify what you mean, Brother.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Price View Post
v. 250...

Don't you keep count anymore?!
Rats! I thought I had nailed it. I accept your correction.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 07-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Holy Unto The Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
Ok. So does this mean you are back to believing in baptism, speaking in tongues, and are now a three stepper again? Please clarify what you mean, Brother.
I am not returning as a three stepper, no. But, what I am back to believing is the solid truth of One God and that a soul should be baptized in Jesus name. I do not believe baptism saves, but I believe it is a testimony of the covenant a soul undergoes in salvation.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Holy Unto The Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Rats! I thought I had nailed it. I accept your correction.
Keep track. Hopefully, this last version will be just that... the last version. I admit my faults, but in all that has happened over the past few weeks, I have come to see where I had thrown the baby out with the bathwater...

If I had to compare my beliefs, I would say look at MOW, and that would be close to what I believe.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:48 PM
Pot Stirrer

I thought I'd never seen the Day that Bill Price would go
totally charismatic - I'm going to tell Caston about this !!!
Closed Thread