Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 06-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
Here's my opinion, since everyone else has thiers.
It's the foolishness of preaching thats saves. If a man gets excited and hyped, (as someone else here so elequently put it) then so be it. If someone gets saved by the foolish babblings of a preacher, then what difference does it make how he presents it? I personally don't care how someone presents thier sermon as long as someone gets saved. BTW, I enjoy preachers like Anthony Mangun and Jeff Arnold, my favorite Apostolic preacher is Norman Wagner.
This old song that the ends justfies the means has been used throughout history to justify a lot of things. Bad preaching included.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:47 PM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
This old song that the ends justfies the means has been used throughout history to justify a lot of things. Bad preaching included.
Thank you ever so kindly for your response. Which of the preachers did i mention that you think is bad? I didn't say anything about bad preaching. Btw, if one is called, what gives anyone the right to say he/she is preaching badly?
Old 06-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
Thank you ever so kindly for your response. Which of the preachers did i mention that you think is bad? I didn't say anything about bad preaching. Btw, if one is called, what gives anyone the right to say he/she is preaching badly?
I hope you really don't believe your last statement / question there. Surely you do not believe that just because someone is "called" the quality of their preaching can never be called into question?

My dear Brother Kodak, preachers who are called are also human beings. Human beings have weak areas in their lives as well as strengths. They vary from person to person.

One preacher may have bad study habits and if he does not discipline himself will not spend enough time in the word in a strucured way to bring the word in the best way he can.

Another may have poor speaking skills and never do anything to get better. That is also wrong. We should be offering God our best and work on the areas where we are deficit in our lives.

Thank the Lord for Elders who do not share your view and are candid with young men of God when they need advise and constructive criticism on their preaching. The way you talk just by virtue of being "called" everything out of a preachers mouth is just perfect. (I don't really think you beleive that but I think you post these wild statements without thinking them through).
Old 06-04-2007, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I hope you really don't believe your last statement / question there. Surely you do not believe that just because someone is "called" the quality of their preaching can never be called into question?

My dear Brother Kodak, preachers who are called are also human beings. Human beings have weak areas in their lives as well as strengths. They vary from person to person.

One preacher may have bad study habits and if he does not discipline himself will not spend enough time in the word in a strucured way to bring the word in the best way he can.

Another may have poor speaking skills and never do anything to get better. That is also wrong. We should be offering God our best and work on the areas where we are deficit in our lives.

Thank the Lord for Elders who do not share your view and are candid with young men of God when they need advise and constructive criticism on their preaching. The way you talk just by virtue of being "called" everything out of a preachers mouth is just perfect. (I don't really think you beleive that but I think you post these wild statements without thinking them through).
CC1, even when young preachers (who are called) preach badly, doesn't necessarily mean they are perfect. I never said that! Get real! Once again you and Berk are twisting what I'm saying for the purpose of arguing. If you are a preacher, I'm sure that even you have preached poorly in the beginning of your ministry, but who's to say that someones life wasn't touched or changed by what you've said? How do you know whether or not someone was saved today, by a sermon you preached years ago that wasn't so good?
Old 06-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

CC1 and Bro Eastman,

How did this thread morph into the style of preaching of the "called?"

Just a question.

Since we are there already....

I think that they type of delivery is not as important as what is being said. I am very critical of preaching. I am not a good preacher myself. However I do critic sermons in order to make my style and delivery better. I do not do it out loud or to anyone else, except my wife and my friend Nate and Jaremy, and oh well never mind.

In all seriousness. I do like all different types and styles of preachers. The ones that Shockamoo keep us awake easier, but sometimes they do not have much to say.

Eastman, I am with you when you say that you like Bishop Wagner. That man can preach. CC1, I love Pastor Dan and Pastor Hardwick. These three men are as different as peanut butter and jelly. But they are all good.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Beaux's li'l buddy............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
I personally am not excited about his preaching... That is just my personal thought.

He is a lot of hype...
That sounds like one of those people in Coonskinners avatar...........

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO.............can I get a witness up in heer......ahhh.huh......
Old 06-04-2007, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTULLOCK View Post
CC1 and Bro Eastman,

Just a question.

I think that they type of delivery is not as important as what is being said. I am very critical of preaching. I am not a good preacher myself. However I do critic sermons in order to make my style and delivery better. I do not do it out loud or to anyone else, except my wife and my friend Nate and Jaremy, and oh well never mind.

In all seriousness. I do like all different types and styles of preachers. The ones that Shockamoo keep us awake easier, but sometimes they do not have much to say.

Eastman, I am with you when you say that you like Bishop Wagner. That man can preach. CC1, I love Pastor Dan and Pastor Hardwick. These three men are as different as peanut butter and jelly. But they are all good.
Just so you understand, along with everyone else. I think there are good preachers that have different preaching styles that are meant to reach certain types of people. I do not expect everyone to like AM, NW, or even JA. These are just some of my favorites. I do like certain other preachers that are more laid back, but the ones with the so called hype, reach certain people more so than than the laid back preachers. I'm sure that it could be said the other way around as well.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:11 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
AM is from LA not VA.

The context is important to the message though. I understand what you are saying though. There are people that I enjoy what they are saying not how they say it. There was a guy that I heard a few weeks ago. He preached ok, kept repeating everything though. The thing was that the harder he preached the more he sounded like Kermit the Frog. I kept waiting for him to say, "Piggy you must be baptized."

There are definately people I do not enjoy their style. AM happens to be one of my favs, but that is because I feel the passion of it. IMO.
I meant to say LA not VA.

Neckstadt
Old 06-04-2007, 10:12 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
CC1 and Bro Eastman,

Just a question.

Do you like every singer?
Old 06-05-2007, 06:08 AM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
Do you like every singer?
No. I appreciate the talent they are using. A God given talents are best used in the God given time.