Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > Chef's Corner
Facebook

Notices

Chef's Corner Every Cook's favorite place! Post your recipes, share your cooking tips and ideas, etc.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Registered Member

Weightloss Diets & Snackfood

What does your weightloss diet consist of? I'm in the process of elimanating cheese, fruitjuice and sweets from my diet and replacing it with high protein low carb diet. I just got my shipment of myoplex meal replacement shakes. What are some good diet ideas and what are some good snackfoods besides granola bars?
Old 04-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Re: Weightloss Diets & Snackfood

Myoplex items are great to use. For me I didn't change my whole diet and I still lost a ton. Depends on your physical set up on what will benefit you. I will recommend a book for you. Body for Life. This is the workout program I use and my father used the workout and dietary plan and lost tons too-he lost close to 75.

The diet is actually easy and designed to be an easy life long change. Of course changing anything especially diet takes work, but not too much here. It even gives you an example shopping list. Somethings you might already be purchasing. Look it up at www.bodyforlife.com
Old 04-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the info jtullock, I'm already using Will Brink's Body Building Revealed as a guide for diet and nutrition. He has another book just about weightloss, haven't gotten it yet. Did you keep the same diet and just add myoplex or did you add exercise also?
Old 04-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

I don't use myoplex brand, but something very similar. My diet changed slightly from what it was before. But I didn't overhaul it at all. Just trying to make better choices at restaurants and opting for a larger burger and no fries, etc. I cut out almost all soda. If I drink any it is died and usually diet sprite or something...nothing colored or with caffiene if I can help it. The BodyforLife thing pushes the use of only myoplex suppliments that is why I mentioned it to you. I do use protein shakes and things.