Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet > Testimonies
Facebook

Notices

Old 08-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Registered Member

Update on Son

My son went back to the spine doctor on Wednesday August 6. They did a ct and told him he would be in the brace for another 6 weeks. The doctor didn't say anything about my son having to have surgery so we are hopeful that this won't be necessary.

We did see the pictures of the fracture from the ct and it was really an eye opener. He broke the top bone of the spinal. The one that connects to the skull. The bone is not completely lined up but the doctor seemed hopeful that this wouldn't cause any problem. There is still a gap between the two sides of the bone. The doctor said that a calcium growth would connect the two sides together in time. He also fractured the next bone down. When we saw how close the break was to the spinal cord shivers went down our backs.

I want to thank all of you that have been praying for us. And to also ask you to continue to pray for us.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Re: Update on Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by King's Child View Post
My son went back to the spine doctor on Wednesday August 6. They did a ct and told him he would be in the brace for another 6 weeks. The doctor didn't say anything about my son having to have surgery so we are hopeful that this won't be necessary.

We did see the pictures of the fracture from the ct and it was really an eye opener. He broke the top bone of the spinal. The one that connects to the skull. The bone is not completely lined up but the doctor seemed hopeful that this wouldn't cause any problem. There is still a gap between the two sides of the bone. The doctor said that a calcium growth would connect the two sides together in time. He also fractured the next bone down. When we saw how close the break was to the spinal cord shivers went down our backs.

I want to thank all of you that have been praying for us. And to also ask you to continue to pray for us.

Praying here...........
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 08-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Mr. Stewart

Praying. I hadn't heard the story before, but I am glad that he was spared more significant injury. To God be the glory.

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse
Old 08-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Registered Member

Continuing in prayer .
Old 08-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstew View Post
Praying. I hadn't heard the story before, but I am glad that he was spared more significant injury. To God be the glory.

My son was in an accident. The truck he was driving hit a guy wire on a utility pole. The truck went up the wire for a ways then nosed down causing the top on the drivers side to hit the utility pole. It then rolled over on its side and came to rest on its top. He broke his neck, fractured his back and nearly amputated his ear. His neck was broke at the part that connects to the skull. The bones moved some but not enough to get into his spinal cord. If it had gotten to his spinal cord it would have killed him. His ear was reattached but it didn't heal so he had surgery to remove it. He is facing plastic surgery sometime in the future to fix it. But he is alive. And I am so thankful for God's mercy.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Mr. Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by King's Child View Post
My son was in an accident. The truck he was driving hit a guy wire on a utility pole. The truck went up the wire for a ways then nosed down causing the top on the drivers side to hit the utility pole. It then rolled over on its side and came to rest on its top. He broke his neck, fractured his back and nearly amputated his ear. His neck was broke at the part that connects to the skull. The bones moved some but not enough to get into his spinal cord. If it had gotten to his spinal cord it would have killed him. His ear was reattached but it didn't heal so he had surgery to remove it. He is facing plastic surgery sometime in the future to fix it. But he is alive. And I am so thankful for God's mercy.
My goodness, you certainly have reason to praise. Thank God

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse
Old 08-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Registered Member

I will keep your son and family in prayer. I thank God he is still alive and well through all of this!