Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-01-2008, 07:31 PM
delete account

Lightbulb My Mother's 70th Birthday

The past few days have been busy and intense. We are throwing my Mother a surprise 70th Birthday bash. Family from several states have been flying in and cards as well as gifts flooding in from all across the USA.

We got a phone call from a family friend yesterday that brought tears to all of our eyes; a young girl who used to live down the street from us had this story to share: She said last Sunday as she and her daughter were sitting in church through the worship service - she looked over at her teenage daughter and saw that she had her eyes closed, her hands lifted up, and she was worshipping God.

She said if it hadn't been for our Mother taking the little neighbor girl to Sunday School, and her family being so kind to her...her daughter would not know Jesus Christ. She thanked God that my Mother has shown so much kindness to so many and through that kindness many souls had found their way to Christ.

Through the years, it has always been my desire to have a double portion of what my mother possessed just like Elisha received from Elijah. My Mother is, and has always been a soul-winner. Mother's aren't perfect, and they make mistakes, but my Mother has a gift that has influenced the lives of so many.

I just wanted to share with everyone what a special Mom I have. As my family and I celebrate tomorrow...please say a prayer for my little/big brother. I happen to know that my Mother's greatest desire is to see my brother delivered from alcohol and saved to the utmost. Please join with me in prayer that Mom's prayers will be answered for her children and grandchildren to be saved.

In Jesus name. I thank God for a prayer warrior and a soul-winning Mother.

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 08-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Not wrestling w/ flesh n blood

Re: My Mother's 70th Birthday

We'll be praying Sis.! I have an awesome Mom too!

The gloves are off.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Registered Member

What a nice post. As I see my mom become weaker with age, I have come to realize what a strong person she was. Many times she stood alone in our family for truth. She had to walk a fine line to share a life with my dad who was devout Baptist, and yet stand for what she believed in. She was never pushy with her beliefs, but always had an answer. I remember every morning when I got up and walked into the den, she was up reading her Bible. She demonstrated what she believed every day in a quiet way. She taught Sunday School for forty years, and used her talents whenever there was an opportunity . If there were a word that would describe her it would be consistency. I thank God for the wonderful, christian mom I had. And thank you Rhoni for reminding me. I will pray for you family tomorrow Rhoni. Sorry I did not mean to hijack your thread.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:48 PM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubayou View Post
What a nice post. As I see my mom become weaker with age, I have come to realize what a strong person she was. Many times she stood alone in our family for truth. She had to walk a fine line to share a life with my dad who was devout Baptist, and yet stand for what she believed in. She was never pushy with her beliefs, but always had an answer. I remember every morning when I got up and walked into the den, she was up reading her Bible. She demonstrated what she believed every day in a quiet way. She taught Sunday School for forty years, and used her talents whenever there was an opportunity . If there were a word that would describe her it would be consistency. I thank God for the wonderful, christian mom I had. And thank you Rhoni for reminding me. I will pray for you family tomorrow Rhoni. Sorry I did not mean to hijack your thread.
Sis,

You did not hijack this thread, I appreciate Bro Rutledge and yourself for sharing your respect and honor for your own Mothers. Women/Mothers who love the Lord are special. We are blessed. Thank you for your prayers.

Rhoni
Old 08-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Sis. Rhoni,

I too will be praying for your Mom, your family and that dear brother. God is
well able to save to the uttermost. May your family have a wonderful day
tomorrow honoring your sweet Mom on her 70th birthday. I found her to be a
very convincing lady and I can see why she would have been able to witness
to so many. She told me at lunch that day that she was catholic, then became
a baptist, then heard the apostolic message and obeyed it.
Tell her I said Happy Birthday!

Blessings,

Falla39
Old 08-01-2008, 08:25 PM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falla39 View Post
Sis. Rhoni,

I too will be praying for your Mom, your family and that dear brother. God is
well able to save to the uttermost. May your family have a wonderful day
tomorrow honoring your sweet Mom on her 70th birthday. I found her to be a
very convincing lady and I can see why she would have been able to witness
to so many. She told me at lunch that day that she was catholic, then became
a baptist, then heard the apostolic message and obeyed it.
Tell her I said Happy Birthday!

Blessings,

Falla39

Sis. Falla,

Thank you for your prayers as well as the Birthday wishes. Mom was raised in a single parent home as an only child. She was in and out of foster homes growing up...but she found God in a catholic convent as a child. She searched for meaning to her life and found it in Christ. As she told you...it was a process for her. She received the Holy Ghost after studying the book of Acts at a Southern Baptist Church. We came to Pentecost thorugh her search. I was 9 and the oldest of 5.

God is good and has blessed my family, much of this has to do with Momma's prayers. I remember her praying and singing in tongues and then interpreting it in English. I still remember the songs God gave Mom.

Hundreds of souls were won and discipled through my Mother. I thank God for her prayers.

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 08-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Registered Member

Rhoni, we'll be praying for your brother and entire family this weekend as your Mom celebrates her special day. I know that what you all have prayed for and believed for, in your brother's salvation will come to pass.

In the last 10 years, I've seen a wayward sister and brother come back to the fold after many years of wandering. Your Mom's sincere witness and devotion to her family and to Christ will be a part of seeing your brother come back to Christ.

Hope you guys have a great weekend and will be praying for a special miracle.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Mr. Stewart

I pray that she has the best birthday ever. I hope that people who have walked with God for so many years do realize how much they are an inspiration without even having to say a word.

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse
Old 08-02-2008, 06:05 AM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinAR View Post
Rhoni, we'll be praying for your brother and entire family this weekend as your Mom celebrates her special day. I know that what you all have prayed for and believed for, in your brother's salvation will come to pass.

In the last 10 years, I've seen a wayward sister and brother come back to the fold after many years of wandering. Your Mom's sincere witness and devotion to her family and to Christ will be a part of seeing your brother come back to Christ.

Hope you guys have a great weekend and will be praying for a special miracle.
Bro. Mike,

Thank you for your words of encouragement. My brother belongs to God and God reaches out to him daily. I truly believe he will be totally delivered and step into the destiny God has had for him from the beginning.

Thank you for praying for our miracle...the best birthday present my mother could ask for.

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 08-02-2008, 06:09 AM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstew View Post
I pray that she has the best birthday ever. I hope that people who have walked with God for so many years do realize how much they are an inspiration without even having to say a word.
tstew,

We have put together a professional video of Mom and our family through the years. I pre-viewed in last night and parts of it are set to the song: Thank You For Giving To The Lord. There are snapshots of some of the people Mom has won to God and prayed for through the years.

It is my belief that there are many lifes that each of us have touched and influenced that we don't really know about, but one day...we will know and understand just how many lives were changed.

Thank you for your prayers & blessings,
Rhoni