Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-11-2018, 01:23 PM
Registered Member

Re: Look who is selling CBD. LOL! Good Grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Shane is a former AFF member who was a Oneness Pentecostal preacher of some sort (was raised in it) who has had some legal problems in the past which led to him spending some time in "the big house" not too long ago.

If you do a forum search I am sure you can find threads that discussed it at the time and would provide the details. I can't remember what they are right now.
Blessed in Mississippi

Blessed in Tennessee
Old 07-11-2018, 07:09 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I've never denied that there are risks or side effects to MM.
Get out of here. Have you ever got back handed so hard you did a somersault? Bro, all you have posted on this forum is that marijuana will cure, heal, calm, wipe your rear end while it orders you a pizza.

You done bumped your head.

Marijuana is a narcotic it has side effects like all other drugs. You want to do them have at it. Because I'm convinced you are a nutcase. Weed will only make you nuttier, can't wait to see what you post when you are smoking Kronic. Smoking dubes, and criticising Apostolics, Ministers and their churches. You already post like you smoked a bud rolled fatty. Can't wait to see what nonsense you post when you are hacking away on sweet leaf.

Old 07-12-2018, 08:08 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
If someone's close to eating a .45 then weed is most definitely NOT on the list of things to do.
Amen in Jesus name
Old 07-12-2018, 08:18 AM
Sister Alvear

I know Shane personally...I love his grandmother so much....He has had a hard life...He seems happy now and has a sweet wife. So let's pray for them. I spent a little time in their home and was treated like royalty.

Yes, he did time in the pen...but forgiveness comes from God....and I am sure we all have done things we are ashamed of...so let's pray for Shane...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 07-12-2018, 10:38 AM
Saved & Shaved

“I am a father, a Husband, a Minister, a Certified Biblical Numerologist, Professional Online Marketer”

He left out “con man”
Old 07-13-2018, 10:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
First, is this a personal reference?
No. More of a reference to 22 vets killing themselves every day.

Quote:
Second, "how can any of these side effects bother a vet...." Did you read what I posted? Panic reactions, hallucinations, flashbacks, depression, schizophrenia and psychosis all associated with MM. And yet you want a person who is already having some of these issues take MM and possibly make it even worse?
That's a valid question, I was even asking that when I began looking into this topic more deeply.

When dealing with MM, it's important to follow a physician's guidance. The vast majority of people don't experience hallucinations, flashbacks, depression, or schizophrenia from ingesting cannabis. Studies have shown that additional factors come into place in the small percentage who do. One big factor is the strain ingested. There are perhaps hundreds of different strains of both Indica and Sativa, each with various TCH and CBD levels. When getting into designer cannabis (street stuff), you also run the risk of it being laced. The more powerful strains that might be strong enough to bring on hallucinations are not a part of the MM inventory. As far as schizophrenia and other psychosis, studies have shown that these side effects are primarily found in those who already have a history of schizophrenia or psychosis, or have a family history of schizophrenia or psychosis. But with MM, you have physicians and guidance on what strains are proven to work best for your condition. In addition, any negative side effects can be noted and treatment discontinued immediately, without the need to slowly decrease treatment or radical withdraws as found with prescription meds.

Consider the vast number of people ranging from past Presidents, politicians, to actors, writers, musicians, professors, doctors, chemists, teachers, soldiers, physicians, attorneys, etc.. Israel even officially prescribes it for their veteran services members who struggle with PTSD, depression, anxiety, etc. And they are way ahead of us on research and experience with MM. You'll be laughed at if you could ask them if cannabis ever made them hallucinate. And if you looked for signs of schizophrenia or other psychosis, you'd find not a one (unless they already had the condition or it is in their family history). So, it really isn't a serious factor. Most studies show only 1% will experience symptoms of schizophrenia due to these outside factors. There is a study that indicated that as much as 5% of those who ingest cannabis with a THC content of 15% or higher might experience short term schizophrenia. But as I said, that's far outside the bounds of MM.

Let's compare this to the common prescription drugs given to vets with PTSD, those struggling with depression, or other anxiety disorders. Regarding these drugs, nearly 67% of patients reported more than one of the following side effects:
•insomnia
•anxiety
•drastic and rapid mood changes
•depression
•dizziness
•vertigo
•bipolar disorder
•paranoid psychosis
•hallucinations
•restlessness
•confusion
•impotence
•lack of sexual desire
•short term memory loss
•suicide.
So, if you were a prisoner of war and your captors forced you to choose between smoking MM or taking the psychotropic cocktail of prescription pills designed to treat PTSD... you'd be far safer smoking MM.

Quote:
You like hypotheticals. What if there's a person dealing with depression, anxiety, insomnia, etc and they read your posts about how MM is the wonder drug which cures all ills. Sure, there might be some side affects, you say, but prescription drugs can have worse. So the person buys MM and starts using it. And let's say the person begins having these terrible side effects -- hallucinations, worse depression, schizophrenia, panic reactions, etc, and they end up committing suicide. Should you be legally liable for the person's death? Should you be morally liable? Had the person not read your barrage of posts in support of MM and watched the countless YouTube videos you've posted, they likely wouldn't have decided to try MM.
Well, in your hypothetical above, it takes a THC content of 15% or higher to even run the risk of producing such side effects. MM has to be recommended or prescribed by a doctor. And MM doesn't produce cannabis with such high THC levels. So, I'd say that your hypothetical is impossible. But, let's entertain it... even at that level, roughly 5% or fewer tend to report psychotic episodes like you describe. And even fewer than that specifically reported suicidal thoughts. So, given the number of people who might follow my advice, how many might fall into that narrow percentage under 5%? And, even then, in most cases, the individuals already had a history or family history of psychiatric problems. So, following my advice is hard to blame for such an outcome. But, let's entertain this even further... everyone deserves a fighting chance. If their symptoms are such that they are already on the edge of suicide, and prescription meds aren't helping, and they try MM, and it fails too, and they end up killing themselves... I'd argue that the odds are high that they would have at least attempted suicide whether they tried medical cannabis or not. At least they tried one more thing that might have helped them before doing the unthinkable they were already considering.

Think of this as a war against PTSD (and other conditions). There will no doubt be those who will report that MM isn't helping either. And with the specific side effects you mentioned, with MM the highest rate of those will be most likely be 5% or under only IF very high THC content is present. The risks are far higher with prescription meds or going untreated. So, if we assume the high number of 5% and apply it across the board without any consideration of THC content...for every 1 person who might have an adverse side effect from MM... 95 will not, even if it doesn't ease the symptoms of the condition they are trying to manage.

Quote:
Just saying there's more than one hypothetical to be written.
True. It isn't a cure. And it isn't a magic bullet. But it is being shown to be far safer than the prescription drugs or going untreated.

Last edited by Aquila; 07-13-2018 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
I have spoken to several people who have told me that their brains have never been right since their first time smoking week.
But go ahead with your "it's just weed" mantra.
The most drastic effects on the brain are found in those who smoked marijuana (the street variety) before turning 21 years old. This was when the brain is still forming. And yes, it can leave lasting effects for those individuals.

But when dealing with people 22 years old and older... the effects are typically far less in severity and tend to wear off with time (for example short term memory loss).
Old 07-13-2018, 10:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Get out of here. Have you ever got back handed so hard you did a somersault? Bro, all you have posted on this forum is that marijuana will cure, heal, calm, wipe your rear end while it orders you a pizza.

You done bumped your head.

Marijuana is a narcotic it has side effects like all other drugs. You want to do them have at it. Because I'm convinced you are a nutcase. Weed will only make you nuttier, can't wait to see what you post when you are smoking Kronic. Smoking dubes, and criticising Apostolics, Ministers and their churches. You already post like you smoked a bud rolled fatty. Can't wait to see what nonsense you post when you are hacking away on sweet leaf.

I don't remember calling it a cure. I have only discussed how it has been shown to be effective in relation to treating various symptoms from a number of conditions. If I did say it's a cure, I was mistaken. Because it isn't.

I'm curious. Can you quote me calling it a cure? Because if you're lying... you should admit it.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:03 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I don't remember calling it a cure. I have only discussed how it has been shown to be effective in relation to treating various symptoms from a number of conditions. If I did say it's a cure, I was mistaken. Because it isn't.

I'm curious. Can you quote me calling it a cure? Because if you're lying... you should admit it.
I must have missed the "wipe your rear end while it orders you a pizza" post.

EB isn't lying. Several of your posts have insinuated that MM is a cure. Just look at the titles of a few of the videos you've posted:

"Cannabis Talk 101: Medical Cannabis stops Stefan's seizures!"
"Marijuana Saves Father's Son"
"WATCH: Cannatol Rx Cannabis Nasal Spray Stops Childrens’ Seizures Within 20 Seconds"
"77-Year-Old Coloradan With Parkinson's Does An About Face On Marijuana"

Also there are these posts you've written:

Quote:
Let's say that you're pastor and a family has attended your church for several years. Their child has epilepsy and has nearly 17 seizures a day. Let's say that they've prayed for years for a divine healing and it hasn't come yet. One day they approach you quietly and desire to talk in your office. After being seated in your office they explain how watching their child suffer under this condition was becoming too much for them and that they broke down and decided to try medical cannabis and that for the past week, their child has had no seizures and brain scans appear to be normal. They explain that they have need of your blessing for conscience sake because of the stigma they fear they might suffer if the congregation becomes aware of the treatment they're giving their child.
No seizures, normal brain scans would indicate a cure.

Quote:
I could go on and on all day long. There are thousands of videos, testimonials, etc.

In the videos posted above...you can watch cannabis oil stop a full blown seizure with your very own eyes. But all you do is close your eyes, post personal insults, throw out condemnation, and refuse to see the facts.

The truth is the truth EB.
Stopping seizures would be a cure.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:15 AM
Banned

Then there is the issue of our current opioid crisis. Opioids effect the part of the brain that controls breathing. So, an overdose on opioids will prove fatal. Many opioids and medications containing small amounts of opioids are prescribed by doctors to treat a number of symptoms that medical cannabis is prescribed to treat. Cannabis doesn't shut down or inhibit the functionality of any part of the brain that controls vital autonomic processes like breathing, heart beat, etc. That is why it is impossible to take a fatal overdose of cannabis. You might get sick, dizzy, throw up, etc. But you won't die. Researchers are even looking into the possibility of using cannabis as something to prescribe instead of opioids. It's increasingly being viewed as a far safer medical option.