Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 07-27-2018, 04:59 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Lord, Rid Me of Loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Roller View Post
I'm far too sensitive and I have to stop wearing that sensitivity on my sleeves. But if I develop a harder exterior, I can't help but cut people off. I cannot seem to find a balance of having people at arm's length. I either give it all or give absolutely nothing.
Listen, harder exterior isn't the answer, because it isn't you. You just keep walking in the light as He is in the light. First and foremost, you listen to the elders, because they KNOW YOU. We don't. They live with you, we don't. If you cannot seem to find balance it may be caused by you trying to be something your not. Be yourself. Own who you are in Christ. Stick close to the elders, and never be afraid to ask questions of THEM. Not us. While we do have some precious saints of God, and good men of God posting here, we really don't have a smell your breath relationship with you. Your pastor, and church elders do. Nothing like a good church family of SEASONED saints to help someone make it to the goal line.

The Lord love you, and we will pray for you in Jesus name
Old 07-27-2018, 05:04 PM
of 9!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Listen, harder exterior isn't the answer, because it isn't you. You just keep walking in the light as He is in the light. First and foremost, you listen to the elders, because they KNOW YOU. We don't. They live with you, we don't. If you cannot seem to find balance it may be caused by you trying to be something your not. Be yourself. Own who you are in Christ. Stick close to the elders, and never be afraid to ask questions of THEM. Not us. While we do have some precious saints of God, and good men of God posting here, we really don't have a smell your breath relationship with you. Your pastor, and church elders do. Nothing like a good church family of SEASONED saints to help someone make it to the goal line.

I agree with Bro Benincasa. Be yourself. I will sure be in prayer with you about your concerns! God bless you young man! 🙏 🤗
Old 07-27-2018, 07:11 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post

Excellent advice.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 07-27-2018, 08:37 PM
Registered Member

I appreciate all the replies, the motivation, and the prayers.

It's hard, however, to not think the fault is with me when the same pattern seems to repeat itself over and over, and always the one that is seemingly left standing solo.

Again, I appreciate all of this.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:31 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
I appreciate all the replies, the motivation, and the prayers.

It's hard, however, to not think the fault is with me when the same pattern seems to repeat itself over and over, and always the one that is seemingly left standing solo.

Again, I appreciate all of this.
I wondered the same thing about myself for years, but finally found the advantages to being the way that I am.

For me it was a great advantage as I realized that I was comfortable with being shut in with God spending time in his word, praying and fasting.

The awesome thing about God is he can make up what we see as lack in ourselves and use us where we are.

It was also an advantage when I decided to get a degree, I enjoyed the classroom environment, class interaction, and studying.

Last edited by Amanah; 07-27-2018 at 10:06 PM.
Old 07-28-2018, 06:07 AM
Administrator

Maybe the prayer is not "Lord, rid me of loneliness", but rather, "Lord, help me to understand my loneliness and how you are using it to make me more like You"?

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/

Last edited by votivesoul; 07-29-2018 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-29-2018, 09:17 AM
Administrator

HR, a lot of good advice and observations that might help you on this thread. I am praying for you.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 07-30-2018, 08:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Maybe the prayer is not "Lord, rid me of loneliness", but rather, "Lord, help me to understand my loneliness and how you are using it to make me more like You"?
Precisely my thoughts in the past few days. What if the Lord is using my loneliness to get me where He wants me?
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:11 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Precisely my thoughts in the past few days. What if the Lord is using my loneliness to get me where He wants me?
Old 07-31-2018, 07:20 AM
Registered Member

Again, I want to thank everyone here for the prayers and for the encouraging words. They have really meant a lot.

I have decided that I'm not going to be depressed or sad anymore. I just can't let it happen. I'll just work on being the absolute best me I can be, and get myself on the best track through aid via the Lord.