Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-13-2020, 10:31 PM
Registered Member

Re: Qassem Soleimani.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I agree, a former pastor of mine used to say the same thing. At first it made sense until it got to the point that he started calling Ron Paul, Bro. Paul and was very supportive of legalizing marijuana. Go figure
Most German Christians supported the 3rd Reich.
Old 01-13-2020, 10:53 PM
Registered Member

Old 01-13-2020, 11:25 PM
Devilís Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I voted for the war after i voted against it.
-John Kerry
When i read your post thatís what I thought of.

ď Sociology? Oh, you'll go far ó that's if you live ... Just don't let your college degree get you killed 'cause I'm liable to get killed along with ya.Ē
óHarry Callahan
Old 01-14-2020, 05:56 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help; and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many; and in horsemen, because they are very strong; but they look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek the LORD!

So in four more years the carriage turns back to a pumpkin, and the horses turn into mice.
So, we have some economic prosperity now, but we better look depressingly to the future? Is that how God wants us to be? No wonder people are on anti-depressants. That would be the same thing as dismissing and not living in a spiritual victory because next year I will probably have a hard trial come my way. Mustn't be optimistic because I will eventually get my teeth kicked in. LOL! Glass half full for-evah!

Quote:
Again, you elected a leader who has term limits. Not a king.

You refuse to acknowledge how the game is played.

President Trump if elected again only has four more years, and then he is home in West Palm counting coin. Then maybe Mike Pence will run for president. He is dripping Christians out of his pours, Churchanity will be salivating like a proverbial Pavlovian canine. the economy will be over 100% then...right? 20 million jobs will be added by his second term! My lands this will be Camelot!

Just remember God is not mocked, what we sow we will eventually reap.

Republican and Democrats are two heads on the same dragon.
So, we have some economic prosperity in the country now and that means we have turned all of our focus to the party in office and all of us here at AFF have forgotten about God?

Do you really think we are all that stupid?

Last edited by Pressing-On; 01-14-2020 at 06:32 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
So, we have some economic prosperity now, but we better look depressing to the future? Is that how God wants us to be? No wonder people are on anti-depressants.
I thought things were supposed to get worse and worse? I don’t believe that.
Looking towards a depressing future? No, on the contrary church should continue its job. Which is spreading the truth. Your daughter praying other people through. It’s far better than believing that money hungry devils are going to somehow protect us. The only reason why these politicians haven’t fed us to the lions. Is because of congregations praying. Us thinking that Trump, Bush, or Regan will bring us to a brighter day because of their own goodness is ridiculous. God provides. God turns the head of the king, but we need to do our part and that is prayer.

Quote:
So, we have some economic prosperity in the country now and that means we have turned all of our focus to the party in office and all of us here at AFF have forgotten about God?

Do you really think we are all that stupid?
Were we broke under the previous presidents? Everyone in our church family has the same jobs. Gas tanks were all filled. Refrigerator filled with food. People who were once illegal became legal. All productive with bills paid, and futures promising. But praise and thanks didn’t go towards someone with a bad combover. God provides and God takes away. God puts leadership up, and takes leadership down. If God wants someone in a position it is God and only God who will put him there. No amount of voting booths can ever change that. Prayer is how the church was instructed to move forward. In a world that had no voting system for its world leader. Or maybe you think that part of the Bible is dated?

Last edited by Evang.Benincasa; 01-14-2020 at 06:48 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:10 AM
Registered Member

Dan Crenshaw as President would REALLY flip the Iranians out.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:56 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
I thought things were supposed to get worse and worse? I donít believe that.
Looking towards a depressing future? No, on the contrary church should continue its job. Which is spreading the truth. Your daughter praying other people through. Itís far better than believing that money hungry devils are going to somehow protect us. The only reason why these politicians havenít fed us to the lions. Is because of congregations praying. Us thinking that Trump, Bush, or Regan will bring us to a brighter day because of their own goodness is ridiculous. God provides. God turns the head of the king, but we need to do our part and that is prayer.

Were we broke under the previous presidents? Everyone in our church family has the same jobs. Gas tanks were all filled. Refrigerator filled with food. People who were once illegal became legal. All productive with bills paid, and futures promising. But praise and thanks didnít go towards someone with a bad combover. God provides and God takes away. God puts leadership up, and takes leadership down. If God wants someone in a position it is God and only God who will put him there. No amount of voting booths can ever change that. Prayer is how the church was instructed to move forward. In a world that had no voting system for its world leader. Or maybe you think that part of the Bible is dated?
So, we live in a time where we do have voting. Are you saying that if all Republicans (not that there are not Democrats who arenít Christians. Although, Pelosi claims to be Catholic and openly supports abortion, but I digress.) stayed home to pray and didnít vote at all, Republicans would still win their seats?
Old 01-14-2020, 07:57 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Dan Crenshaw as President would REALLY flip the Iranians out.
Totally! Lol!
Old 01-14-2020, 08:48 AM
Master ThreadKiller

Who counts the "votes"?

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Old 01-14-2020, 09:06 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
So, we live in a time where we do have voting.
Does that change the scripture? When they threw lots to decide a replacement for Judas. Prayer was made, but we never see anything about throwing lots for kings or governing authorities. the throwing of lots meant no one voted. It was all left up to the Holy Ghost. So, get everyone in your state to throw a lot. The Bible is explicit in telling us we have no choice in leadership.

Quote:
Are you saying that if all Republicans (not that there are not Democrats who arenít Christians.
I'm not talking about the little people (you and I) your local dog catcher, mayor, or high school principle. When you are in big government Christianity is just a mask.

Quote:
Although, Pelosi claims to be Catholic and openly supports abortion,
Well, you just proved my point.

Quote:
but I digress.) stayed home to pray and didnít vote at all, Republicans would still win their seats?
If you stayed in the prayer room, fasted, and sought the mind of God, who ever was placed in office would be exactly who God wanted.

Daniel 4:17, Daniel 4:25, Daniel 4:32 and Daniel 5:21. No amount of voting is going to change that.