Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-10-2020, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Congratulations Pastor Steve Epley

This Sunday January 12,2020 at 9:30 am Pastor Steve Epley will cut the ribbon for the new sanctuary of the Racine Apostolic Church. If you are a friend of his on FB you will have been following the progress on the construction of this beautiful building. Congrtatulations to my friend!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2708.jpg (90.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2709.jpg (90.4 KB, 14 views)
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 01-10-2020, 06:42 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Congratulations Pastor Steve Epley

Facebook?

For realz? Or for lulz?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-11-2020, 03:14 PM
Registered Member

It is sad thats so many preachers thinks that a big building is the highlight of their ministry. So many I have seen that have built the big building just have to give it to another man who might or might not keep the building.

God designed the Tabernacle, men design temples.
Old 01-11-2020, 04:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armapeet.Singh View Post
It is sad thats so many preachers thinks that a big building is the highlight of their ministry. So many I have seen that have built the big building just have to give it to another man who might or might not keep the building.

Couldn’t agree more. They’re “legacy” is built on how big the building is rather than....
Old 01-11-2020, 06:04 PM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Couldn’t agree more. They’re “legacy” is built on how big the building is rather than....
obviously you don't know Pastor Epley.

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:25 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armapeet.Singh View Post

Someone’s jealous
Old 01-11-2020, 06:26 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Not this little man. Really.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Not this little man. Really.
I’m not speaking of this Brother. I’m talking about several Pastors I know of. They build these huge churches as part of their legacy, to show what type of church they have. I don’t know Bro. Epley, except for the quote that Bro. Benincasa used to have of him.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Someone’s jealous
No, just seen too much and too many.
Old 01-12-2020, 02:36 PM
Registered Member

Recently heard an elder make remarks concerning the prevalent “architectural evangelism” in today’s Pentecostal ranks. It is usually a problem because the buildings are for the purpose of impressing and drawing folks from other churches. It is a problem. If someone accused Elder Epley of such I would tell them they were clueless. I think armpit is clueless.

Congrats Elder Epley and God bless the Racine church!