Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-19-2020, 05:24 PM
Barb Barb is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,472
Song question...

Does anyone know who wrote:

Move me with Your message once again
It's been so long since I have broke within
Please take me back once more to Calvary
So one more time Your message moves me

I'm not sure if the lyric is correct. My first thought was that Lanny Wolfe wrote this, but I think I'm confusing it with 'Move Me With Compassion'...

Anyway, please let me know if you know...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-19-2020, 06:57 PM
TJJJ's Avatar
TJJJ TJJJ is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,482
Re: Song question...

Barb, it appears that it was from 1974, the envoys.

But that is not conclusive.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-19-2020, 06:58 PM
TJJJ's Avatar
TJJJ TJJJ is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,482
Re: Song question...

might not be the same song though.

Keep searching.......

Searching.......
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-19-2020, 07:25 PM
Barb Barb is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,472
Re: Song question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
might not be the same song though.

Keep searching.......

Searching.......
No it isn't... the song I'm asking about is much slower, but thanks...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-19-2020, 10:18 PM
MawMaw's Avatar
MawMaw MawMaw is offline
of 8!! :)


 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South
Posts: 5,666
Re: Song question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
Does anyone know who wrote:

Move me with Your message once again
It's been so long since I have broke within
Please take me back once more to Calvary
So one more time Your message moves me

I'm not sure if the lyric is correct. My first thought was that Lanny Wolfe wrote this, but I think I'm confusing it with 'Move Me With Compassion'...

Anyway, please let me know if you know...
I bet the man that is a choir director and used to post on AFF (can't think of his name), would know!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-19-2020, 10:58 PM
Barb Barb is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,472
Re: Song question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MawMaw View Post
I bet the man that is a choir director and used to post on AFF (can't think of his name), would know!
Mark Yandris? Yes, ma'am, he would know for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-19-2020, 11:51 PM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Master ThreadKiller


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 23,590
Re: Song question...

Verse One...
There was a time of tenderness in me
And in that tenderness was liberty
But through the cares of life I built a shell
That hardened me from hurt, but God as well.

Verse Two...
Our lives, they get so stale, they get so cold
How often we are found in hardened molds
But Lord, I recognize my need again
Come by Your Spirit, revive my soul again.

Chorus:
Lord, move me with Your message once again
It's been so long since I have broke within
Please take me back once more to Calvary
'Till one more time Your message moves me.

Back in the 70s the Envoys had an album called "Move Me With Your Message Once Again" I believe. I think that song may be on that album. Not sure if they wrote it or if it was written earlier by someone else.
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-20-2020, 11:41 AM
MawMaw's Avatar
MawMaw MawMaw is offline
of 8!! :)


 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South
Posts: 5,666
Re: Song question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
Mark Yandris? Yes, ma'am, he would know for sure.
Message him! He's on Instagram and Facebook! If you find out,
let us know!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-20-2020, 07:33 PM
Barb Barb is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,472
Re: Song question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Verse One...
There was a time of tenderness in me
And in that tenderness was liberty
But through the cares of life I built a shell
That hardened me from hurt, but God as well.

Verse Two...
Our lives, they get so stale, they get so cold
How often we are found in hardened molds
But Lord, I recognize my need again
Come by Your Spirit, revive my soul again.

Chorus:
Lord, move me with Your message once again
It's been so long since I have broke within
Please take me back once more to Calvary
'Till one more time Your message moves me.

Back in the 70s the Envoys had an album called "Move Me With Your Message Once Again" I believe. I think that song may be on that album. Not sure if they wrote it or if it was written earlier by someone else.
I saw the recording by the Envoys, but it's not the same song... thanks...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-20-2020, 07:36 PM
Barb Barb is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,472
Re: Song question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MawMaw View Post
Message him! He's on Instagram and Facebook! If you find out,
let us know!!
Someone told me last night that when she was at JCM she learned this song in a music class taught by LW, and he did write it. Thanks everyone...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Worship Song Song -- (It will BLESS you!) n david Fellowship Hall 1 03-17-2020 11:24 PM
Song help...Sing the song of Miriam.... denise_109 The Music Room 1 05-05-2013 05:33 PM
The Mom Song Digging4Truth Fellowship Hall 1 02-12-2009 09:58 AM
looking for this song Jodell The Music Room 2 09-26-2008 07:27 PM
Tell it in a song... Barb Fellowship Hall 5 10-29-2007 06:12 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Ron
- by Ron

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.