Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 10-31-2012, 03:09 AM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Re: Romney Wants To Eliminate FEMA

Cut the National Endowment for the Arts while we are at it. That would eliminate two incredibly wasteful programs from our budget.

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:49 AM
Registered Member

Kill the Endowment for Arts, EPA, National Education Assoc. and FEMA. That ought to save a mountain of money currently wasted. Heck, go flat tax or national sales tax and kill the IRS as well.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:55 AM
Solid 3 Stepper

Anyone that thinks the states are able to do the job of FIMA is a fool.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=5JU1PmZoWFI

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=uCA3J_-4byQ
Old 10-31-2012, 07:57 AM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post

You don't think the states can supply poorly constructed and toxic trailers to hurricane victims.......weeks after the fact?
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 10-31-2012, 08:00 AM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post

Yep, that is what all tyrants say and think. Anyone who thinks the people can do government better than me, is a fool. You speak as a fool, the feds are very inefficient at most everything they do. Fema causes people to sit on their rears, like New Orleans during Katrina, waiting for the fed to "...get off their a__, get down here..." quote the mayor, while 2000 school buses sit idle.

The cost is unsustainable. Like the SS lockbox. LOL, it doesn't exist, and the general fund is borrowing .40 of every dollar spent. If the states can't do a better job, Greece here we come. Forced spending cuts across the board, just so China and other will keep lending to us.

If the fed was a business it would have bellied up long ago. Borrowing money and printing money, is not a successful strategy!!!
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org

Last edited by crakjak; 10-31-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:10 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehawk013 View Post
Kill the Endowment for Arts, EPA, National Education Assoc. and FEMA. That ought to save a mountain of money currently wasted. Heck, go flat tax or national sales tax and kill the IRS as well.
I am all for these big cuts, but I would favor a phase out plan.

For instance, I would wager that you would have parents beating on the public school doors to take their children back if you closed the Dept. of Education. Give them choices and then phase it out.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:24 AM
Solid 3 Stepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Phelps View Post
You don't think the states can supply poorly constructed and toxic trailers to hurricane victims.......weeks after the fact?
Lets see now WHO was the guy in charge of the toxic trailers? BUSH and his boy Mr Brown.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakjak View Post
Yep, that is what all tyrants say and think. Anyone who thinks the people can do government better than me, is a fool. You speak as a fool, the feds are very inefficient at most everything they do. Fema causes people to sit on their rears, like New Orleans during Katrina, waiting for the fed to "...get off their a__, get down here..." quote the mayor, while 2000 school buses sit idle.

The cost is unsustainable. Like the SS lockbox. LOL, it doesn't exist, and the general fund is borrowing .40 of every dollar spent. If the states can't do a better job, Greece here we come. Forced spending cuts across the board, just so China and other will keep lending to us.

If the fed was a business it would have bellied up long ago. Borrowing money and printing money, is not a successful strategy!!!
$.40? Those are old figures Crak. It was reported a week or two back that we now spend $11 for every $7 we have in revenue. So we are now borrowing $.57 on every dollar.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:31 AM
Forever Loved Admin

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500690_162-4243041.html

Linda Esparza and her son Tommy Yager can be added to the list of thousands of families feeling the effects of formaldehyde in the trailers FEMA sent to the Gulf Coast after Hurricane Katrina.

"Fatigue was a big, big problem," Esparza said.

"It would be cold, flu like symptoms," Yager said.

But they didn't live in the trailers. They built them, in Indiana, for an RV maker, Gulf Stream Coach. The company got the largest trailer contract right after the hurricanes hit in August 2005: More than $500 million to supply 50,000 trailers as quickly as possible.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 10-31-2012, 08:31 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated Mind View Post
what would we do without federal disaster relief? romney wants to send funds to the states, but the idea of a federal relief fund is that a pool of funds from all states help the hardest hit like an insurance program.

more evidence that romney is an unfit radical to lead this country.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2044213.html
What's scary is the idea that someone proposing to scale down the size of the federal government is labeled an "unfit radical".

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.