Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-03-2021, 06:32 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Thats why I separated what Im discussing with the New Testament believer.
My point is that Jesus didn't disagree with capital punishment, He just disagreed with doing that punishment illegally. As in the case of the woman caught in adulatory. He had no problem with divorce, He had a problem with it being done haphazardly. One must also keep in mind that He was the Law incarnate, and that He never came to destroy the law, but complete it. Jesus was a law keeper. Brother Esaias has a thread here where he explains how a Theocracy would implement capital punishment. Yet, the Church isn't the one putting people to death, correct? Romans 13 lays out about authority and how the police officer isn't your problem as long as you are walking the line. Paul didn't see a problem with governmental powers taking your head off with the sword, if you deserved it Romans 13:4 .
Old 12-03-2021, 06:39 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Brother I don't believe all murders want to repent. I was blessed enough to be in the prison system giving bible studies to people that will never see the world outside the rec. fence. There were some in prison that probably if given the chance would go out and commit the same crime that got them incarcerated in the first place.

Yet, I believe we the church is held to the higher standard when it comes to issues of this caliber.
I'm not understanding your direction. The Church doesn't build prisons, or execute anyone. They are told to shun those who walk disorderly. We are to pray and comfort those in prison. praying that they may come to Christ, and be rehabilitated. Let me ask you something, how long do you believe we can keep storing people like Darrel Brookes?
Old 12-04-2021, 07:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
I'm not understanding your direction. The Church doesn't build prisons, or execute anyone. They are told to shun those who walk disorderly. We are to pray and comfort those in prison. praying that they may come to Christ, and be rehabilitated. Let me ask you something, how long do you believe we can keep storing people like Darrel Brookes?
No, the church doesn't build prisons or has the authority to execute anyone. As far as the old covenant was concerned under the mosaic law the leaders were allowed to openly execute one who broke several laws. In the time of Jesus they no longer had that authority, rather that was now determined by the Roman Government.

To use scripture in the old covenant to support executions that have been put way in the church since I guess one could say, Christ. We shouldn't use the same scripture to show our support for a worldly government that kills another man or women based on the countries laws. Our Government isn't founding on Christ nor do they support Christ in any way. They belong to a kingdom and the church belongs to a kingdom, the church supports life, the world supports death. Thats why the Former Governor of Rick Perry could proudly exclaim the number of people the State of Texas has executed, and many in that number have been wrongful deaths.

I won't say anything about a believer liking the death penalty but when they bring scripture up to support why they're in favor for our Government doing such an act.

As far as Paul, he was correct to say rulers are terrors or evil works. The church is not so, they're laws in this country that we abide, and so we should. And if an individual breaks them he will be punished. Should the church be hand in hand with Justice System on the death penalty? I don't thinks so. Simply put, I'm Pro-Life.
Old 12-04-2021, 07:33 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Jesus said "he that is without sin cast the first stone." He didn't say it shouldn't happen. He just reminded them how it should be performed legally. The man who was also in the act surprisingly wasn't there next to her. Therefore, her being executed alone, would of been illegal.
He (Jesus) didn't bring up the fact that the law states both partiers have to be executed, as the result of why he was against her death sentence. It's the simple fact that he came to give mercy instead of Judgment. Matter of fact, he told her, go and sin no more! From that moment forward she will no longer be accused of that sin as long as she doesn't commit the same sin.

The church operates in a completely different direction than this world.

Thank you Lord for fulling what the Law lacked.
Old 12-04-2021, 07:57 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
He (Jesus) didn't bring up the fact that the law states both partiers have to be executed, as the result of why he was against her death sentence. It's the simple fact that he came to give mercy instead of Judgment. Matter of fact, he told her, go and sin no more! From that moment forward she will no longer be accused of that sin as long as she doesn't commit the same sin.

The church operates in a completely different direction than this world.

Thank you Lord for fulling what the Law lacked.
Jesus didn't bring up the fact there was no man, because it is in His accusation of "he who is without sin cast the first stone" The two or three witnesses had to be at the scene of any crime. Therefore we are given the clue "we caught her in the "very act." Hence to all those who are reading this with total knowledge of the law system concerning out of the mouth of two to three witness may a man be put to death. Would acknowledge that one of those witnesses were either the man who was with her, or allowed the man to go free. He who is without sin, doesn't mean some Presbyterian Southern Baptist we are all sinners even after conversion mumbo jumbo. Jesus wasn't pointing out that everyone is a sinner, so therefore everyone should be executed for their sins Jesus was simply pointing out the illegality of what was going on Remember, Jesus was constantly pointing out how the rabbinate were constantly twisting the law, and leaving parts out of the law to serve themselves. Hence the reason we are introduced to this woman in John, with Moses said. Jesus dispersing the individuals who realize they messed up "lawfully" starting with the elders then to the youngers. Then Jesus can state "where are your accusers? Go and no longer to commit crimes!" Simple, and easy. Jesus wasn't against a legal ruling of execute adulterers, male and female. He was against people executing just one party of the crime and letting the other go scot free.

Last edited by Evang.Benincasa; 12-04-2021 at 07:59 AM.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:06 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I'm Pro-Life.
I just had to skinny this down for you.

Can you answer my question...how long do you believe we can keep storing people like Darrell Brooks?
Old 12-04-2021, 09:21 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I'm Pro-Life.
Do you believe an innocent is on the same footing as a serial rapist?

Bro, we are pro life of innocent children, that they may have an opportunity to live and thrive. Capital punishment is for those who are no longer human, you cannot even call them animals. Because animals only do what they are designed to do by nature. Men become monsters know better, they have the capacity to reason, and decern, yet they give into the demonic. Consumed with a spirit of evil, where even the demons themselves no longer have to control the host. As it was once said, "Men get arrested; dogs get put down." God is merciful, and always reaches out to a soul no matter how wicked, but it is up to man to reach back when he hears the call. If you had converted Jesus name baptized pedophiles attending your church, would you place any restrictions on them? This question may be slightly off the subject, but I feel it’s important. Would you place restrictions on these people in your fellowship?
Old 12-04-2021, 09:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
No, the church doesn't build prisons or has the authority to execute anyone. As far as the old covenant was concerned under the mosaic law the leaders were allowed to openly execute one who broke several laws. In the time of Jesus they no longer had that authority, rather that was now determined by the Roman Government.

To use scripture in the old covenant to support executions that have been put way in the church since I guess one could say, Christ. We shouldn't use the same scripture to show our support for a worldly government that kills another man or women based on the countries laws. Our Government isn't founding on Christ nor do they support Christ in any way. They belong to a kingdom and the church belongs to a kingdom, the church supports life, the world supports death. Thats why the Former Governor of Rick Perry could proudly exclaim the number of people the State of Texas has executed, and many in that number have been wrongful deaths.

I won't say anything about a believer liking the death penalty but when they bring scripture up to support why they're in favor for our Government doing such an act.

As far as Paul, he was correct to say rulers are terrors or evil works. The church is not so, they're laws in this country that we abide, and so we should. And if an individual breaks them he will be punished. Should the church be hand in hand with Justice System on the death penalty? I don't thinks so. Simply put, I'm Pro-Life.
In reference to the bolded statement you’re saying that we shouldn’t hold the old covenant laws over to the new covenant. Just to be clear the government is who is doing so. And you think it’s horribly wrong.

I detect hypocrisy of biblical proportions. YOU believe in tithing, which is another of the old covenant laws. It is never endorsed after the crucifixion. YOU, and other preachers (not the government) are the ones who drag it forward, around the cross and load it on the backs of the sheeple like seasoned Pharisees who bore the wrath of our Savior.

WOE unto you and the other “hypocrites” that Jesus was so angry with. You are all about leaving the old covenant behind the cross . . .

Until it affects your pocketbook. Jesus called it the leaven of the Pharisees. The disciples thought he was speaking of bread. He enlightened them. No, I am talking about their hypocrisy.

What do you have to say for yourself?

Do you think the tithe doctrine is Jesus approved?

I’d really appreciate an answer, instead of you ducking and running . . .

Like you ALWAYS do.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I just had to skinny this down for you.

Can you answer my question...how long do you believe we can keep storing people like Darrell Brooks?
I’m going to have to look up who Darrell Brooks is. I’m sorry.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
In reference to the bolded statement you’re saying that we shouldn’t hold the old covenant laws over to the new covenant. Just to be clear the government is who is doing so. And you think it’s horribly wrong.

I detect hypocrisy of biblical proportions. YOU believe in tithing, which is another of the old covenant laws. It is never endorsed after the crucifixion. YOU, and other preachers (not the government) are the ones who drag it forward, around the cross and load it on the backs of the sheeple like seasoned Pharisees who bore the wrath of our Savior.

WOE unto you and the other “hypocrites” that Jesus was so angry with. You are all about leaving the old covenant behind the cross . . .

Until it affects your pocketbook. Jesus called it the leaven of the Pharisees. The disciples thought he was speaking of bread. He enlightened them. No, I am talking about their hypocrisy.

What do you have to say for yourself?

Do you think the tithe doctrine is Jesus approved?

I’d really appreciate an answer, instead of you ducking and running . . .

Like you ALWAYS do.
In todays standards, absolutely not!

I don’t believe a preacher or minister should be rich or living high off the hog on the back on the church. If you have a calling for a specific ministry God will supply your needs. Understand Tithemeister that is my conviction I’m not going to debate you about what other preachers do.

Last edited by Nicodemus1968; 12-04-2021 at 10:29 AM.