Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Nursery > The Grandparents Guild
Facebook

Notices

The Grandparents Guild A Gathering Place for the Grandparents of AFF

Old 06-17-2010, 09:18 AM
Not riding the train

Re: PO's Best Christmas Present EVER!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
It should be your SIL.

My son tells me anything I need to know and I appreciate it.
I agree. Both of my children tell me anything I need to know and I do also appreciate that.

My daughter told me that he feels close to his mother because his parents divorced when he was really young and she took such good care of him. She does love him, no doubt about that. At least we have that. If she was an uncaring type person, it would be way worse.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:25 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I agree. Both of my children tell me anything I need to know and I do also appreciate that.

My daughter told me that he feels close to his mother because his parents divorced when he was really young and she took such good care of him. She does love him, no doubt about that. At least we have that. If she was an uncaring type person, it would be way worse.
That's true.

My dil is upset because her mom is NOT acting excited - she has even told my son that she wants me to stay with her the first couple days when she gets home from the hospital. I'm hoping that she works it out with her mom though - as much as I would love to do that, I don't think it should be me.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
That's true.

My dil is upset because her mom is NOT acting excited - she has even told my son that she wants me to stay with her the first couple days when she gets home from the hospital. I'm hoping that she works it out with her mom though - as much as I would love to do that, I don't think it should be me.
Yea, I could see that causing a host of problems. That's one reason I didn't want to be there when the baby is being born. I knew the MIL would pitch a wall-eyed fit. It also would make me uncomfortable if I knew my SIL was offended about it. But, the issue is settled - no one will be present. I'm fine with that. Don't want to hear my daughter in that much pain anyway. LOL!

I will be staying with her for several days. At that point, I could care less what the MIL will think. She works, so I'm thinking that would probably interfere anyway.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:32 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Yea, I could see that causing a host of problems. That's one reason I didn't want to be there when the baby is being born. I knew the MIL would pitch a wall-eyed fit. It also would make me uncomfortable if I knew my SIL was offended about it. But, the issue is settled - no one will be present. I'm fine with that. Don't want to hear my daughter in that much pain anyway. LOL!

I will be staying with her for several days. At that point, I could care less what the MIL will think. She works, so I'm thinking that would probably interfere anyway.
Like I've said before, I'm the MIL this time and I know my place - - the mother of the mom having the baby to me takes precedent. When my daughter has a baby, then I will expect to be the one helping her.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Like I've said before, I'm the MIL this time and I know my place - - the mother of the mom having the baby to me takes precedent. When my daughter has a baby, then I will expect to be the one helping her.
Thank you and Amen!!!! That's one reason I didn't feel bad about putting so much time and expense into the shower.

I think I'm going to grab a cup of coffee (Paul Newman Organic Breakfast Blend ) and read for a little while. I need to calm down and not worry about anything. I'm going to have a grandson!!!, that's all that matters right now!
Old 06-17-2010, 09:36 AM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

Quote:
Don't you think that will really make matters worse? They will be mad at her and she will be mad at him for not backing her up. LOL! She's already expressed to me that he is the one that needs to talk to his mother.

She (MIL) just has this way of doing things. She laughs all the while. I think she does things in a sneaky way.

I thought that by telling the grandmother, yesterday, that we don't interfere in the decisions that our children make in their marriage, she might have gotten the hint that they need to do the same. Do people like that take hints or do you have to line it out in plain English? LOL!

I also told the grandmother that it was my decision to have the shower how we had it, that it was what I wanted to do and I wanted to spend the money. Even though I was nice about it, I think she could tell that she wasn't going to push me around. Hoping she picked up on that. LOL!
It might make matters worse, but if he won't do anything she'll have to draw a line somewhere. Or the woman will drive her batty.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:45 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AQuietPlace* View Post
It might make matters worse, but if he won't do anything she'll have to draw a line somewhere. Or the woman will drive her batty.
Yes, she will have to draw a line and I'm sure she will. I think the woman already drives her batty, BUT if she tries to tell her how to raise her child - bad business - not happenin'.

Thank God the FIL travels all over the world and is hardly ever home. They used to live with him when they first got married - oh boy! My daughter did stand up to him and now she is his Power of Attorney when he's out of the country. LOL! Hmmmm, might work with the MIL, ya think?! LOL!
Old 06-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

I think people actually respect you when you stand up to them. Might make them mad, but they'll respect you.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
I think people actually respect you when you stand up to them. Might make them mad, but they'll respect you.
I've always found that to be the case. If she does it right, it could work better for their future. I'm just afraid that 8 years of festering is going to turn into a blowout.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Hmmm. That doesn't seem to be the case here. I stand up for the truth and people mock me. Your logic seems to be a little skewed.

1 Cor. chapter 14 and verse 8 KJV
8For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?

Joel chapter 2 and verse 1
Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;