Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:31 PM
I Am That I Am.

Re: Chemical imbalance in brain' myth debunked

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
Naw, you just need a good woman with long uncut hair.
Yeah. A prayer warrior. One who spends the day interceding for lost souls. A prophetess. A great and noble woman, an enriching, caring woman. A goodly woman who loves God before all. Possesses most of the Gifts of the spirit. An evangelizer. She speaks at women's conferences. Because of her, thousands, maybe even more, accepted Christ into their hearts. Then she comes home one night, after baptizing three people, and watching them receive the wonderful gift of the Holy Ghost, she sits down, starts thinking, and realizes that in her 23 years of living for the Lord, she's focused completely on the spiritual. She wonders how much she has missed of the physical world. So, she decides. "Well, let me just...cut the tips of my hair. You know, just to grow it out a little longer. After all, split ends are so unhealthy." Three years later, I'm out of church, and as I'm taking a hit off my hash pipe, I look out the window, and I see my wife jumping into a car with someone. He hands her a crack rock, and they drive away. Hmmph. I feel like we made a mistake somewhere. Oh well. *puff puff puff*
Old 07-31-2012, 03:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Matt View Post
You see amazing things that happened to wonderful people with plenty of faith, who didn't really deserve it being sinners, but received it anyway. I see an angry God who has cursed me for being a rotten person, with promises that I can't understand or see as graspable, an impossible standard or goal set for only people much stronger, goodlier, and charitable than me. Subject to change of course. Tomorrow I may see the light. Today, it's a Lot got the bad end of the deal sort of day.
I have a somewhat similar outlook due to constant depression (except I can honestly look and see where God has done some pretty amazing miracles in my life).

I have to admit that life does feel like this sometimes:

There is this feeling that no matter how long I last or when I give up completely I will find that things would have been all better had I hung on just one more day. That "day" always being the day AFTER I give up. But I just hang on the words of Rocky Balboa when he told his son "...by going that one extra round when you don't think you can, well, that's a lot like life.".
Old 07-31-2012, 03:37 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Yeah. A prayer warrior. One who spends the day interceding for lost souls. A prophetess. A great and noble woman, an enriching, caring woman. A goodly woman who loves God before all. Possesses most of the Gifts of the spirit. An evangelizer. She speaks at women's conferences. Because of her, thousands, maybe even more, accepted Christ into their hearts. Then she comes home one night, after baptizing three people, and watching them receive the wonderful gift of the Holy Ghost, she sits down, starts thinking, and realizes that in her 23 years of living for the Lord, she's focused completely on the spiritual. She wonders how much she has missed of the physical world. So, she decides. "Well, let me just...cut the tips of my hair. You know, just to grow it out a little longer. After all, split ends are so unhealthy." Three years later, I'm out of church, and as I'm taking a hit off my hash pipe, I look out the window, and I see my wife jumping into a car with someone. He hands her a crack rock, and they drive away. Hmmph. I feel like we made a mistake somewhere. Oh well. *puff puff puff*
Hmmm... should I?

Nah, better not!

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 07-31-2012, 03:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
"Don't let your wife jump into a car with someone who is smoking crack. Get DirecTV!"
Old 07-31-2012, 03:48 PM
I Am That I Am.

Quote:
"Don't let your wife jump into a car with someone who is smoking crack. Get DirecTV!"
She kinda let herself go. It wasn't too hard for me to let her go. Really, all I wanted her for was her long uncut hair. Remember?
Old 07-31-2012, 03:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
She kinda let herself go. It wasn't too hard for me to let her go. Really, all I wanted her for was her long uncut hair. Remember?
Well, it IS the ultimate talisman. If she would indeed cut it, I would say "good riddance you Jezebel!".
Old 07-31-2012, 04:06 PM
I Am That I Am.

Quote:
Well, it IS the ultimate talisman. If she would indeed cut it, I would say "good riddance you Jezebel!".
This was the best I could do? Were you trying to bring me up? Jeez.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:12 PM
Registered Member

Esaias, your four articles did not "debunk" anything.

The only thing I've read out of those articles, save the ADHD is about the neurotransmitters, serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine etc.

These are the transmitters that the pharmaceutical companies focus on when developing and peddling their psychotropic drugs.

Apparently...the American Medical Association does not totally agree on the views of the writers of these articles. I tend to agree with them on the neurotransmitter subject ...to an extent. Sometimes desperate measures are needed to help somebody immediately or in short order...even if it is a pill.

I agree that people who are prescribed Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor drugs (SSRI) most likely do not have a shortage of serotonin, as said so by Dr. Sherry A. Rogers who wrote many books about modern medicine. When these medications first came out, it was recommended that they be given for only a short period of time...6-9 months so that people can work out their problems and come to terms with emotional trauma. Now the doctors are telling patients that they may be on these drugs for life??? What is wrong with this picture eh? Lots of things of which is too numerous to be discussed in this post.

However, I disagree with the premise that there are NO chemical imbalances in the brain. Your articles only touch on the subject. They also do not explain why people today are so fragmented after severe trauma. The articles likewise do not speculate or give any solutions for this emotional medical nightmare.

Your articles do not explain why the body reacts in certain ways to stress causing extreme anxiety attacks, lethargy, mental confusion, apathy and manic episodes. The brain is not separate from the body. If the body lacks vitamins, minerals, and other substances that a good diet replenishes the body with, the brain will likewise suffer.

We are living in an age where they dump toxic fluoride in the drinking water, chlorine, trihalomethane as well many other chemicals and say it is safe to drink.

We are given drugs that stop the liver from producing cholesterol, but our brain and body cells need cholesterol to mend cells and to produce new cells. It is the way our meat is processed (how they feed the cattle) that causes cholesterol build up in our arteries.

Everybody knows, or should know that substances like monosodium glutamate, (MSG) aspartame, preservatives creates chemical imbalances in the body. It tricks your body's senses when to trigger hunger so that you can eat.

**In fact, MSG (which is often disguised by names like "hydrolyzed vegetable protein" or "HVP", "yeast extract" or "autolyzed proteins") is, like aspartame, a member of the group of chemicals known as "excitotoxins" (the clue is in the name!). These toxic compounds are known to interfere with brain chemistry and have been implicated in many neurological diseases, such as brain cancers, MS, fibromyalgia, depression and hyperactivity (ADHD). In fact, they overexcite brain cells to the point of cell damage and even cell death.***

http://www.natural-health-informatio...glutamate.html

Some of the effects of aspartame...found in many diet drinks and foods:

In 1997 there was an increase in aspartame users reporting severe toxicity reactions and damage such as seizures, eye damage and vision loss, confusion, severe migraines, tremors, depression, anxiety attacks, insomnia, etc. In the same years, Ralph Walton, MD, Chairman, The Center for Behavioral Medicine showed that the only studies which didn't find problems with aspartame where those funded by the manufacturer (Monsanto). Given the agreement amongst independent scientists about the toxicity of aspartame, the only question was whether the formaldehyde exposure from aspartame caused the toxicity. That question has now been largely answered because of research in the late 1990s.

The following facts shown by recent scientific research:

Aspartame (nutrasweet) breaks down into methanol (wood alcohol).

Methanol quickly converts to formadehyde in the body.

Formaldehyde causes gradual and eventually severe damage to the neurological system, immune system and causes permanent genetic damage at extremely low doses.

Methanol from alcoholic beverages and from fruit and juices does not convert to formaldehyde and cause damage because there are protective chemicals in these traditionally ingested beverages.

The most recent independent research in Europe demonstrates that ingestion of small amounts of aspartame leads to the accumulation of significant levels of formaldehyde (bound to protein) in organs (liver, kidneys, brain) and tissues.

Excitotoxic amino acids such as the one which is immediately released from aspartame likely increases the damage caused by the formaldehyde.

http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/embalm.html

Nobody can say that the brain and mental behavior is not caused by chemical imbalances. It may not be caused by neurotransmitter imbalances in all cases. They may not be able to prove it through blood tests or MRI scans or by any other means and they cannot explain the epidemic of human bodies going awry, but I feel sure that somebody...somewhere knows why there is so much anxiety, so much depression, so many children unable to focus. You cannot shoot kids up with vaccines that contain contaminants such as mercury (thimerisol) and formaldehyde and expect them to function like humanity did for milleniums.

Information about Diet Coke on the web:
Health Concern 1. Caffeine

Worry about caffeine in diet sodas revolves around it's addictive effects on the brain, as well as the kidneys. Caffeine has diuretic properties, and is a dehydrating agent - one reason, say health critics, why a person may drink so many cans of soda every day without ever being satisfied. Health critics also believe that high-caffeine diet-beverages, like Diet Coke can lead to a gradual gain in weight from overeating as a result of confusion of thirst and hunger sensations.

Health Concern 2. Artificial Sweeteners

Health critics of diet drinks, such as Diet Coke, state that artificial sweeteners cause the brain to react to sweet taste (cephalic phase response) by preparing the liver to receive a new supply of sugar. And if no sugar appears, the liver signals an urge to eat.

http://www.diet-i.com/diet-coke.htm

I would say this is a good example of chemicals causing the body to become imbalanced. It is a chemical that tricks the liver into sending signals to eat more. This causes obesity.

This is just a small example of what people are ignorantly enduring because they expect our food supply to be clean, but it is not.

If people will try to eat a whole food diet, lay off foods with MSG, aspartame and a host of preservative chemicals in them, they just might see some improvement.

Those articles are only half-truths. They say nothing about what they all know or should know about the enzymes, vitamins and minerals the body is needing to function but is not getting from our modern food supply.

The FDA oks artificial lemon aid drinks with aspartame or loads of sugar.

Why not buy a bag of lemons and squeeze the juice and add natural sweeteners like honey or stevia? You get the benefits of citrus that prevents and heals scurvy and you get the herbal benefits of stevia.

But for researchers to say that a chemical imbalance in the brain is a myth is to me ...gross intellectual dishonesty and neglect.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:01 PM
On the road less traveled

That is a lot of good information you've shared AYR! We have begun to change and modify our diet and watch the things we eat, and we haven't been to the doctor in several years. There is no getting away from the things that are in the air we breathe, water we drink and even the soil we grow our food in from our garden, sadly. But at least we can start by watching what obvious ingredients our food have in them that are harmful to our bodies.

You mentioned in another thread about writing a book... did you ever publish the book?
Old 08-01-2012, 06:43 AM
Registered Member

AYR, thanks for that wonderful refply.

I know of people who were on heavy psychotropic medications and through Christian counseling, repentance and prayers of deliverance they were able to get off of all the meds. There is one woman I know of who was told that she would have to be on chemical imbalance meds for the rest of her life. I will reach out to the people who know her and get her testimony.

I know of a Christian counselor (who has no secular or formal counseling credentials). She said that she had been able to work with 2 or 3 persons and with God's help they were able to get off all meds, but that she was not successful with most. Her belief as reported to me was that the people she was unsuccessful with were sold out to the system of psychology and totally convinced that what their psychology workers had told them about themselves and their conditions. She also said that when she was working with one person in counseling, the person's psychotherapist sent with the person a written document that he was relinquishing all responsibilities for the person (just in case the person came off his meds too soon and flipped out and did harm, the psychotherapist didn't want to be held liable).

I think that those of us who call on the name of Jesus and have the power of his spiritual gifts should be praying for persons who are prone to mental illnesses and addictions. Many of these people are getting gov't funds because of their diagnoses and the thought of them getting delivered can be frightening to them because it means that they will lose their benefits, their publically funded housing, their food subsidies, etc and that they will be called to walk on faith, stand up and grow up and for many, the idea of that can be extremely frightening- even terrifying.

Last edited by llambert; 08-01-2012 at 06:47 AM.