Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-14-2019, 09:19 PM
Registered Member

Re: Logos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Being the form of a God is simply being God. Not a copy. He was the express image when incarnate.
So your saying he made the worlds as a man.

Paul said he made the worlds......through the one who was the EXPRESS IMAGE.

Modern Oneness doctrine CANNOT AGREE with apostle Paul. They are trapped in what they have been taught.

The Trins crush them on this point every time.

The "God had no form before Bethlehem" doctrine is the weak point in Oneness doctrine.
Old 09-14-2019, 09:55 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post

Modern Oneness doctrine CANNOT AGREE with apostle Paul. They are trapped in what they have been taught.

The "God had no form before Bethlehem" doctrine is the weak point in Oneness doctrine.
You are living in a fantasy world. You are making up definitions ("modern oneness doctrine cannot agree with apostle Paul" etc). What is happening is modern oneness Pentecostals cannot agree with your weird eternally begottem made formed logos-skin celestial body-son misinterpretation of Scripture.

I have never been "crushed by a Trin" so speak for yourself. The reason you say that is because IN YOUR MIND any oneness believer who doesn't accept your pseudo trinitarian doctrine is automatically "refuted" the moment they don't agree with you and your non Oneness fellow travellers.

I should have paid attention back in the prophecy threads when you demonstrated an inability to stay level headed in a discussion. I noticed it but figured it was a one off. Apparently it's not. The beard thing, suits, post trib, created eternally begotten logos thingamajig, I really think you just have a personal issue with some phantasmic boogie man in your head you call "modern oneness".

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-15-2019, 06:10 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I can go on and on with scripture. Just because I did not quote any does not mean I cannot. Wow.

Pressing-On said this:
I think the verse is important as - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Hebrews 11:3 bears out that the Word was His voice or His self-.expression. That means it was a part of Him, at the same time, at the beginning.

As I said earlier, my voice or self-expression is as much a part of me as my whole being.

For me, I don’t have anything else to understand or look for. I get it.
I can also give a reference without quoting it, too, as she did.

Hebrews 1:2.. Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

The son is the word incarnate. And since the person of the Son is the person of the Father, we know the Father was not created.

Want a TON more? I can provide!
Mike, Yes please do give a ton of scripture that explains Logos being Gods expression. If my view that it refers to his word speaking out of a visible form is wrong then yes lay them out by the ton.

The only alternative I have seen or heard among Oneness is that it refers to his thoughts or his plan or speaking a word.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 09-15-2019 at 06:51 AM.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Esaias

You are living in a fantasy world. You are making up definitions ("modern oneness doctrine cannot agree with apostle Paul" etc). What is happening is modern oneness Pentecostals cannot agree with your weird eternally begottem made formed logos-skin celestial body-son misinterpretation of Scripture.
I having never said one word about a Logos-skin-celestial body have no idea what you are talking about.

Quote:
I have never been "crushed by a Trin" so speak for yourself. The reason you say that is because IN YOUR MIND any oneness believer who doesn't accept your pseudo trinitarian doctrine is automatically "refuted" the moment they don't agree with you and your non Oneness fellow travellers.
Non Oneness? Frank Ewart was used by God to restore the Oneness Pentecostal Faith in 1913. This SHOULD BE common knowledge among Oneness groups and individuals.

John Ekstat from whom I indirectly received this truth taught in two UPC Bible Colleges and Pastored a UPC Church in Cincinnati and was one of the most sought after teachers in the UPC in the 70's.

Irvin Baxter of the UPC is probably the most well known Oneness preacher in America today.

If these are not Oneness who is?

Quote:
I should have paid attention back in the prophecy threads when you demonstrated an inability to stay level headed in a discussion. I noticed it but figured it was a one off. Apparently it's not. The beard thing, suits, post trib, created eternally begotten logos thingamajig, I really think you just have a personal issue with some phantasmic boogie man in your head you call "modern oneness".
How can you have an issue with what I believe about beards if you have one yourself? All I have said about beards is God is good with them and Preachers should acknowledge that.

Post trib? Jesus taught post trib as concerning his coming.

Suits? Wear one. My point was if beards are a sin because of hippies why are suits not a sin because of Hollywood, Media, CIA, ect.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 09-15-2019 at 06:55 AM.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:17 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I having never said one word about a Logos-skin-celestial body have no idea what you are talking about.

Non Oneness? Frank Ewart was used by God to restore the Oneness Pentecostal Faith in 1913. This SHOULD BE common knowledge among Oneness groups and individuals.

John Ekstat from whom I indirectly received this truth taught in two UPC Bible Colleges and Pastored a UPC Church in Cincinnati and was one of the most sought after teachers in the UPC in the 70's.

Irvin Baxter of the UPC is probably the most well known Oneness preacher in America today.

If these are not Oneness who is?

How can you have an issue with what I believe about beards if you have one yourself? All I have said about beards is God is good with them and Preachers should acknowledge that.

Post trib? Jesus taught post trib as concerning his coming.

Suits? Wear one. My point was if beards are a sin because of hippies why are suits not a sin because of Hollywood, Media, CIA, ect.
Mike, you need to get out of the house. Get off the internet for one month and go find people in your area to talk to. You maybe able to read the words of a post, but you don't understand what people (especially Easias was trying to relay to you) so you go victim. Bro, turn the computer off, bo Paltalk, no YouTubes, and go find everyone in your town and talk with them. Because what you are trying to relay to us here doesn't make a bit of sense.

So, go forth and do some real time face to face hand shaking and communicating.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:22 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Mike, Yes please do give a ton of scripture that explains Logos being Gods expression. If my view that it refers to his word speaking out of a visible form is wrong then yes lay them out by the ton.
Mike, you challenged the WRONG guy on this. Brother Blume doesn't bluff, when he says he will posts tons.

Quote:
The only alternative I have seen or heard among Oneness is that it refers to his thoughts or his plan or speaking a word.
Well that is what One God is known for. In the debate rdp had with Dr James White, James White kept bringing it up to rdp.

You on the other hand believes what Dr James White believes.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:23 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
wow
Old 09-15-2019, 07:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

not at all. I already stated previously that the Logos was made flesh in incarnation. He spoke the worlds. Let there be. That word was his expression, not creation. It created creation, but was not creation itself.
Quote:
he was express image when Paul wrote but not before the incarnatuon. . The word was made flesh and when made flesh it was express image in the form of man. Before that, the only form was Adam.

And as Adam was made after the figure of him that had not come yet, Adam was the only image of God chronologically at the beginning, but yet made so because of how God would manifest in flesh in his future. The pattern Adam was made after did not exist yet because incarnatuon had not occurred yet. So, your timing for that likeness is backwards.
Quote:

You misunderstand Paul. Your oneness is not absolute as our oneness. Too close to twoness. God had a form before Bethlehem in Adam.

You think the trinitarian debates crush the oneness because you think a lot like a trinitarian it seems. You have God creating a part of himself.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 09-15-2019, 07:31 AM
Registered Member

Typo correction
Quote:

God's logos was not his image. His image was Adam. And Adam was NOT made after something that already existed, but him that was to come, and not yet come.

Romans 5:14....Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Jesus being last Adam was the image as was Adam.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 09-15-2019, 07:33 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post

Lots of truth here Mike.

You need to consider it, introspectively.

Mike, shut off the Internet for a month and go meet all the people around you, find out what they believe. Listen to what they say, and then talk. Makes some friends, shake some hands, buy someone lunch. FIND some of the Bible studies around your neighborhood, and city. They are out there. No matter if they are Millennials or if they are MeeMaw and PeePaw, they are out there. Go to the coffee shop in your town, sit down and open the Bible. If someone sits down with you or asks you what you are doing let them sit and talk. This will give you an opportunity to communicate face to face, maybe you can hone your attitude into a fine blade. Or get your table flipped over, there are many surprises in the open Bible study world. But, it always helps us to understand what is being said to us.