Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-03-2018, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

Re: Who was Harry Morse ?

David Gray tapes reviewed:
Mark of the Beast
Relationship and Responsibility
Torch of Truth
70th week tape 2

Last edited by Scott Pitta; 12-03-2018 at 01:28 PM.
Old 12-03-2018, 03:25 PM
Registered Member

Add:
Marking the people of God.
Old 12-07-2018, 03:32 PM
Registered Member

The elements of a true apostolic ministry7/11/1992. Viewed. 6340

David Gray was under Frank Ewart for one year. My first early experience under Frank Ewart in Los Angeles. He was a man God used to bring this wonderful Oneness message. Then he went to Oakland. I was with him for a year. "My pastor" was Harry Morse. I got my training under Harry Morse.

Harry Morse told a story of a preacher.

The preacher was extremely busy. Going going going. Singing and testifying. One night he had a dream. He wrote it on a blackboard. Angel appeared to him and said I will show you what your zeal consists of. Bigotry 11 parts. Personal ambition 22 parts. Love of praise 19 parts. Pride of denomination 15 parts. Love of authority 12 parts. Pride of talent 14 parts. He totaled it up. Hay, wood and stuble 93 parts. Love of God 4 parts. Love of man 3 parts. Gold, silver, precious stones 7 parts. 93 parts hay, wood and stuble, 7 parts pure gold. That was the mans zeal. The preacher woke up and realized that just a lot of what he had been doing had it's source in self. He wanted people to think good of him. He wanted to feel good about what he did. But he didn't do it because he loved God. Or because he loved souls. That was not the motive.

Thank you Steve Epley

Last edited by Scott Pitta; 12-07-2018 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
The elements of a true apostolic ministry7/11/1992. Viewed. 6340

David Gray was under Frank Ewart for one year. My first early experience under Frank Ewart in Los Angeles. He was a man God used to bring this wonderful Oneness message. Then he went to Oakland. I was with him for a year. "My pastor" was Harry Morse. I got my training under Harry Morse.

Harry Morse told a story of a preacher.

The preacher was extremely busy. Going going going. Singing and testifying. One night he had a dream. He wrote it on a blackboard. Angel appeared to him and said I will show you what your zeal consists of. Bigotry 11 parts. Personal ambition 22 parts. Love of praise 19 parts. Pride of denomination 15 parts. Love of authority 12 parts. Pride of talent 14 parts. He totaled it up. Hay, wood and stuble 93 parts. Love of God 4 parts. Love of man 3 parts. Gold, silver, precious stones 7 parts. 93 parts hay, wood and stuble, 7 parts pure gold. That was the mans zeal. The preacher woke up and realized that just a lot of what he had been doing had it's source in self. He wanted people to think good of him. He wanted to feel good about what he did. But he didn't do it because he loved God. Or because he loved souls. That was not the motive.

Thank you Steve Epley
Old 12-08-2018, 07:42 PM
Registered Member

Convicting story. God sees all of our motives in technicolor. Thanks for sharing it.
Old 12-09-2018, 01:22 AM
Registered Member

Truth versus Tradition, Search for Truth Series, Adult Student Number 7 (1971) came in the mail today. No author. Printed in Houston, Texas.

Who wrote their material ? This booklet was too general in content for my purposes. No mention of anything from early Pentecost.

Is Search for Truth still a going concern ? I wonder if they have an archive of all their old publications ??
Old 12-09-2018, 02:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
Truth versus Tradition, Search for Truth Series, Adult Student Number 7 (1971) came in the mail today. No author. Printed in Houston, Texas.

Who wrote their material ? This booklet was too general in content for my purposes. No mention of anything from early Pentecost.

Is Search for Truth still a going concern ? I wonder if they have an archive of all their old publications ??
Elder Wilhoyt(sp) was a missionary to the Philippines out of Life Tabernacle, Houston. After he came back to the states he wrote and the church published this. It has been purchased by the UPC you can still get it from them. It was greatly used in home Bible studies all across America and beyond.
Elder Verbal Bean prophecied in a meeting in that church it was going to be used to send the gospel around the world. The Wilhotes were instrumental in doing that.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:24 PM
Registered Member

2696 relationship and responsibility. read.
7457 torch of truth. read.
1660 Mark of the beast. read
5121 3 secrets of victorious living
5485 Marking the people of God. read.
6093 bag of tools for the mind
6340 elements of a true apostolic ministry. read.

Last edited by Scott Pitta; 12-12-2018 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

May Iry wrote a poem and helped David Gray get his life set in the right direction. One of the great missionaries of my youth. Came over from China. She inspired me like no other missionary did, at least until that time.

Isn't it strange that folks like you and me are builders of eternity. And each are given a bag of tools. A shapeless mass and a book of rules. And each must make ere life be flown a stumbling block or a stepping stone.

May Iry, a woman suffering from the effects of childhood polio, a widow with 4 children, also ministered in China. She arrived in 1921, and did not furlough until 1934. When she returned 2 years later she brought Kathryn Hendricks and Virginia Weddle with her as missionary helpers. As the Japanese were invading China, 416 were baptized in one month alone, including 289 business and professional men. These were women reaching influential men for Jesus Christ.

Article from 9/2009 Pentecostal Herald. Alan and Valerie Demos

3/1944 Pentecostal Outlook article is below. It was penned by WT Witherspoon.

Mrs. May Iry is in Weihsien. She is in good health, is getting along all right financially, and has enough clothes to get along for quite a long time. Mrs. Iry helps with the food preparation in the camp. She remained at her station at Taiyo Shansi, until March, when almost all British and Americans were taken to Weihsien.

Last edited by Scott Pitta; 12-12-2018 at 05:31 PM.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:43 AM
Registered Member

So she was stateside from 1934-1936. Gray knew her during that window of time, but where ?