Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-24-2014, 08:14 AM
Banned

Re: Apostolic But Not Believing Jesus is The Fathe

Jesus was not a God/man or a man/God.

Jesus was a human man.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:17 AM
Banned

Jesus died.....his human spirit, like we have, went back to his creator upon death.....

"And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."
Old 10-24-2014, 08:20 AM
Registered Member

Jesus was ALL God and ALL man. Only the Father is GOD so if He was Divine He had to be God the Father.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:21 AM
Banned

This is when the Holy Ghost likely left him....

Psalm 22
22 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

Matt 27:46
And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

He was still alive during this, and gave up his human spirit much later.

Last edited by Sean; 10-24-2014 at 08:26 AM.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Jesus was ALL God and ALL man. Only the Father is GOD so if He was Divine He had to be God the Father.

Jesus was a human being with DIVINITY(his Father, AKA Holy Ghost) inside him.

Last edited by Sean; 10-24-2014 at 08:27 AM.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:25 AM
Banned

Jesus, the Son of God, isn't the Father. Jesus, the Son of God, is also the Father. How? Because the Father dwells within Him. Meaning, within Christ's very being and person, permeating all that He is. The human essence of Christ and the divine essence of the Father uniquely blended in an inseparable union. The reality of this oneness is one wherein we can say that in the Son, God became a man. And that the Son was a man who was also God.

The man, Jesus Christ, was indeed a man. A human being. Yet He was also God. How? Oneness. He was one with the Father.

Let's review how Jesus Himself describes His Oneness with the Father...
John 10:30
30 I and my Father are one. (KJV)

John 10:38
38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. (KJV)

John 12:45
45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me. (KJV)

John 14:7-10
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. (KJV)
If you walked the earth with Jesus, you'd get to know Him as a man. He'd teach. He'd laugh. He'd eat. He'd use the restroom. He'd sleep. He'd rest. He'd pray and speak of His Heavenly Father. He'd fast. He'd cry. He'd sweat. He'd bleed. However... at times you'd feel something otherworldly emanating from deep within Him. Something emanating from the very core of His being. Something powerful. Something that has authority over all creation. Something that speaks to the winds... bringing them into obedience. Something that raises the dead and heals all manner of sickness. Something indescribable. You'd sense GOD Himself at the core of Christ's own person. You'd realize that this man is... also God.

However, keep in mind...God did not reside in Christ as a vehicle. God resided in and permeated Christ's very being. A Oneness so complete, so majestic, and so divine that in Christ it can be said that God became a man... and that this very same man was also God.

No other religion elevates Christ to such an infinite height of majesty and honor. No other religion expresses Christ's true person to such an infinite degree. Most religions merely make Christ a prophet. No... Christ was not just a prophet. Christ was the human tabernacle of God Himself. To deny this imperils the soul... and reduces Christ to being either a lunatic or a liar.

All authority and power has been delivered to Christ Jesus. He will judge Krishna. He will judge Buddha. He will judge Mohammed. He will judge Nanak. He will judge the followers of every false prophet and madman. He will judge all men in accordance to the Father's will as it relates to the Gospel. Through Him, the Father will judge. Because they are one
2 Corinthians 5:19 (KJV)
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
I've attached an image to help explain.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 404872_3078989662313_261179498_n.jpg (17.2 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Aquila; 10-24-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:28 AM
Banned

Jermyn is asking for a detailed description folks
Old 10-24-2014, 08:29 AM
Banned

Let us use scriptures to paint our picture to Jermyn
Old 10-24-2014, 08:32 AM
Banned

If I poured a half glass of wine into a half glass of water... are the contents of the second glass, wine or water???

If Almighty God pours Himself into the very being of His human Son... is His Son now man or God???

Last edited by Aquila; 10-24-2014 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Jesus, the Son of God, is also the Father. How? Because the Father dwells within Him. Meaning, within Christ's very being and person, permeating all that He is. The human essence of Christ and the divine essence of the Father uniquely blended in an inseparable union. The reality of this oneness is one wherein we can say that in the Son, God became a man. And that the Son was a man who was also God.

The man, Jesus Christ, was indeed a man. A human being. Yet He was also God. How? Oneness. He was one with the Father.

Let's review how Jesus Himself describes His Oneness with the Father...
John 10:30
30 I and my Father are one. (KJV)

John 10:38
38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. (KJV)

John 12:45
45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me. (KJV)

John 14:7-10
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. (KJV)
If you walked the earth with Jesus, you'd get to know Him as a man. He'd teach. He'd laugh. He'd eat. He'd use the restroom. He'd sleep. He'd rest. He'd pray and speak of His Heavenly Father. He'd fast. He'd cry. He'd sweat. He'd bleed. However... at times you'd feel something otherworldly emanating from deep within Him. Something emanating from the very core of His being. Something powerful. Something that has authority over all creation. Something that speaks to the winds... bringing them into obedience. Something that raises the dead and heals all manner of sickness. Something indescribable. You'd sense GOD Himself at the core of Christ's own person. You'd realize that this man is... also God.

However, keep in mind...God did not reside in Christ as a vehicle. God resided in and permeated Christ's very being. A Oneness so complete, so majestic, and so divine that in Christ it can be said that God became a man... and that this very same man was also God.

No other religion elevates Christ to such an infinite height of majesty and honor. No other religion expresses Christ's true person to such an infinite degree. Most religions merely make Christ a prophet. No... Christ was not just a prophet. Christ was the human tabernacle of God Himself. To deny this imperils the soul... and reduces Christ to being either a lunatic or a liar.

All authority and power has been delivered to Christ Jesus. He will judge Krishna. He will judge Buddha. He will judge Mohammed. He will judge Nanak. He will judge the followers of every false prophet and madman. He will judge all men in accordance to the Father's will as it relates to the Gospel. Through Him, the Father will judge. Because they are one
2 Corinthians 5:19 (KJV)
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
I've attached an image to help explain.

Awesome