Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-14-2019, 07:09 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Does Everyone Live Forever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyronePalmer View Post
And how do we know that your teaching on eternal judgment is the truth?

So when God confirms your teaching on eternal judgment or anything else you teach, through the accompanying signs, then I will most certainly believe your teachings.
Therefore wouldn't the accompanying sign mean it would require one's death?

Since you are discussing eschatology?
Old 07-16-2019, 01:03 PM
Registered Member

Good question the rich man who went to hell was alive wanting a drop of water and Lazarus to go warn his brethren about that place( waiting until judgement day then death?) I’ve heard recently hell is just separation from God but I’ve read it’s torment. And I know how being in a backslidden condition is torment to the mind and spirit
Old 07-16-2019, 01:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Matthew 28:10

"And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

Just take the scripture for what it says. Does it say that God WILL destroy the soul in hell? No it does not. It clearly says, " Fear Him WHO IS ABLE to destroy both soul and body in hell"
The Lord doesn't make idle threats.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:14 PM
OneLordOneFaithOneBaptism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Matthew 12:

[38] Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.
[39] But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
How about these then.

1st Corinthians 4:19-20

"But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord wills, and I will know, not the word of those who are puffed up, but the power. For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power."

Daniel 11:32

"Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall [a]corrupt with flattery; but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits."

John 14:12

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father."

And the whole book of Acts! And the Azusa street revival! etc... etc....
Matthew 24:13-14 "But he who endures to the end shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."
Old 07-16-2019, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Therefore wouldn't the accompanying sign mean it would require one's death?

Since you are discussing eschatology?
I'm discussing how God confirmed the preaching and teaching of His ministers with signs and wonders. He did it with Jesus, He did it with the apostles, He did it with Stephen the martyr and He did it with Philip the evangelist. Shouldn't even be a discussion, it should be an amen, but that's to easy isn't it? Has to be rebuttal and opposition to the truth of the quoted scriptures.

Acts 6:8

"And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and signs among the people."

Acts 8:6,13

"And the multitudes with one accord heeded the things spoken by Philip, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did."

"Then Simon himself also believed; and when he was baptized he continued with Philip, and was amazed, seeing the miracles and signs which were done."
Matthew 24:13-14 "But he who endures to the end shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."
Old 07-17-2019, 05:35 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Matthew 28:10

"And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

Just take the scripture for what it says. Does it say that God WILL destroy the soul in hell? No it does not. It clearly says, " Fear Him WHO IS ABLE to destroy both soul and body in hell"

Perhaps Gods definition of Destroy, Death, and Forever are completely different than ours, how are we to know? If God tells you Himself then you will have divine revelation of the text for yourself, and most likely no one will believe your divine revelation, that's the way it is.

I received divine revelation from God about what Death means, and it means eternal separation from God. That's what I believe and I can't make anybody else believe what I received from God.

Tyrone, what does destroy mean?
If something is destroyed does it still exist? Yes, or no?
Old 07-17-2019, 11:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktc1jesus View Post
Good question the rich man who went to hell was alive wanting a drop of water and Lazarus to go warn his brethren about that place( waiting until judgement day then death?) I’ve heard recently hell is just separation from God but I’ve read it’s torment. And I know how being in a backslidden condition is torment to the mind and spirit
The "separation from God" thing is fairly new. I never used to hear it. I believe there is going to be both, torment then death. I said earlier death IS separation from God but also separation from anything else. The dead know nothing.

Ecc. 9:

5For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

As to the parable of the rich man and Lazarus I believe it is given as a warning. There will be reward for the righteous and torment for the wicked. In it Jesus does not teach the rich man will live forever. He does show us there will be torment but does not say it will never end.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:03 PM
Registered Member

1 Thess. 5

May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Question: What is a spirit, and what is a soul?
What are each “made up” of?

Regarding the non born again unbeliever, are both of each(spirit AND soul) destroyed, perishing from existence at some point?

The sinners spirit destroyed?
The sinners soul destroyed?
How exactly does that happen?

Is human spirit simply the breathe of life from God?

Somebody lay it out crystal clear for me

Last edited by JamesGlen; 07-17-2019 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Tyrone, what does destroy mean?
If something is destroyed does it still exist? Yes, or no?
If something is destroyed physically it will cease to exist.

God destroyed cities, like Sodom and Gomorrah, and nations of people's etc....

But show me one scripture where the text explicitly says, that "I the Lord WILL utterly destroy the souls of the wicked"
Old 07-17-2019, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGlen View Post
1 Thess. 5

May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Question: What is a spirit, and what is a soul?
What are each “made up” of?

Regarding the non born again unbeliever, are both of each(spirit AND soul) destroyed, perishing from existence at some point?

The sinners spirit destroyed?
The sinners soul destroyed?
How exactly does that happen?

Is human spirit simply the breathe of life from God?

Somebody lay it out crystal clear for me
You will NOT find ONE scripture where the text EXPLICITLY says the SOUL or the SPIRIT of the wicked or ungodly WILL BE DESTROYED, perish or cease to exist. NOT ONE.

Now one may state his or her beliefs regarding the meaning of a particular text of scripture, they will say I believe this or that, but what does the word of God say? That's all that matters.

People can give their interpretations on the text all they want to, but that doesn't mean their interpretation is true!

Give me GOD's interpretation! And that can only come by God's Holy Spirit!