Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Information Station
Facebook

Notices

The Information Station A help forum with answers to frequently asked questions - includes our Forum Rules and updates or announcements from the Admin Team.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Registered Member

What has AFF done for you?

I was talking with a group of friends this morning. We do a weekly Bible Study together. One of the questions that came up was, "What one thing has had a big impact on your commitment to Bible Study and Prayer?"

My answer was that AFF has had a big impact on my prayer life, as well as my personal Bible study time.

The first thing I usually do when I come on here is to see what the new things are that need prayer today or how things we've been praying about are coming along. Then I spend some time praying for those issues.

In the area of Bible Study - you all have sent me searching the Scriptures many times. I don't always agree with you. And sometimes I do agree. But I love that you can stir up a question, and then I can move right on over to BlueLetterBible.com and search for an answer.

So what kind of impact has AFF had on your life??
Old 04-09-2007, 12:16 PM
Registered Member

I have met a lot of new friends, and been exposed to a lot of different viewpoints.

I believe it has firmed up some of my beliefs and challenged others.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Registered Member

It has exposed me to a real diversity among Apostolics. It has challenged my thinking and my prayer life. I feel like I have family all over the country and Canada!!!!!
Old 04-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubayou View Post
It has exposed me to a real diversity among Apostolics. It has challenged my thinking and my prayer life. I feel like I have family all over the country and Canada!!!!!
BBY, that is so true! I did not know before that there was that much diversity among Apostolic people. I knew that there were differences in the thinking regarding many of the "standards" issues, but didn't know that there were so many differences in so many of the other areas as well. Amazing!!

And I agree - I do feel like I have friends and family all over the US, Canada and other countries as a result of AFF.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:30 PM

It has caused me to consider, and reconsider and pray and study about issues I thought I had tailored to fit nicely into my little theological box.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
It has caused me to consider, and reconsider and pray and study about issues I thought I had tailored to fit nicely into my little theological box.
Are you happier for it?
Old 04-09-2007, 12:39 PM
Getting to know Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
I was talking with a group of friends this morning. We do a weekly Bible Study together. One of the questions that came up was, "What one thing has had a big impact on your commitment to Bible Study and Prayer?"

My answer was that AFF has had a big impact on my prayer life, as well as my personal Bible study time.

The first thing I usually do when I come on here is to see what the new things are that need prayer today or how things we've been praying about are coming along. Then I spend some time praying for those issues.

In the area of Bible Study - you all have sent me searching the Scriptures many times. I don't always agree with you. And sometimes I do agree. But I love that you can stir up a question, and then I can move right on over to BlueLetterBible.com and search for an answer.

So what kind of impact has AFF had on your life??
Do you mean just AFF or FCF and/or nFCF as well?
Old 04-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subdued View Post
Do you mean just AFF or FCF and/or nFCF as well?
Subby, I mean all of the above. I started just at the tale end of FCF, then was there for all of NFCF and now AFF.

Honestly, tho, I have to tell you. AFF has done more for enhancing my prayer life than the others did. On FCF, I was too new to feel like I had developed any real relationships with the folks there. I was just getting my feet wet. But then, it was during NFCF days that Walt suffered the aneurism and I depended so heavily on all of you for prayers and emotional support. You folks were there for me all the way through. I guess that kind of 'sealed the deal'. And now I truly feel like I've made some wonderful friends here on AFF (many of whom carried over from NFCF). It is my privilege to pray for your needs and to help you carry your burdens as much as possible.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

I most enjoy the news aspect of the on-line forums, not to mention my thinking has been challenged.

I have also met a dozen or so who post here, and that is always proves to be great experience. Several of those I have met have gone from on-line accquaintence to friends.

PS My darling wife and I are traveling to Hartford CT next week for business. If anyoneone is in this vincinity we would love to meet.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 04-09-2007, 01:06 PM
Hello AFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
BBY, that is so true! I did not know before that there was that much diversity among Apostolic people. I knew that there were differences in the thinking regarding many of the "standards" issues, but didn't know that there were so many differences in so many of the other areas as well. Amazing!!

And I agree - I do feel like I have friends and family all over the US, Canada and other countries as a result of AFF.
Ditto Dat!