Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Information Station
Facebook

Notices

The Information Station A help forum with answers to frequently asked questions - includes our Forum Rules and updates or announcements from the Admin Team.

Old 02-14-2007, 10:10 PM
the ultracon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrblackwell View Post
You should let me take you down home to Louisiana to catch some reds and speckled trout. Now thats fishin. Laissez les bons temps rouler.
Naw..less do Canada in July. You can pick up Pastor Postor on your way, then swing by and we'll hitch up my boat and go kill us some bass and walleye.

please let the fish be a bittin'
Old 02-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...

i trust that this thread will eventually go back on topic....

i think fishing thread would definately draw interest....

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Old 02-14-2007, 10:14 PM
the ultracon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvaro View Post

Nope..we are taking over Maverick...
Old 02-14-2007, 10:17 PM

Quote:

I started a fishing thread Mr. Admin guy.

Sorry, but hey, look at all the posts on here!

BTW, have you been talking to my wife? She gets tired of me talking about fishing too.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
...We seem to have lost a little bit of the preacher bashing too. Thank God!
SUCCESS! (At least the beginnings of it!)
Old 02-14-2007, 10:48 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, but most of the time is is the ministry that carries the majority of the conversation on these forums. Not always, but a whole bunch.

It is good to see some who had disappeared during the last six weeks of NFCF. Their voices lend a spirit of credibility to many conversations.

I may rail against certain beliefs some profess, but we had denigrated to the point of profaning holy things. I truly hope we don't go there again.
I miss a bunch of the preachers who used to take part in discussion in the past. Frankly, if it wasn't for the preachers from ultra conservative to liberal I just wouldn't be interested. Like Pastor Poster said they carry a lot of the conversation - and in my opinion some of them have added most of the real weight to discussion. The lack of involvement of some is very much missed.

There's something about the "voice" of men of God who have been called to preach the Gospel. It's powerful, persuasive, anointed and effective. I appreciate they've taken the time to be involved and share their hearts and understanding of scripture and their inspired writing with all of us. Many have been positively influenced and impacted as a result.

It's the best part of forum involvement in my opinion.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 02-14-2007, 11:06 PM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
I miss a bunch of the preachers who used to take part in discussion in the past. Frankly, if it wasn't for the preachers from ultra conservative to liberal I just wouldn't be interested. Like Pastor Poster said they carry a lot of the conversation - and in my opinion some of them have added most of the real weight to discussion. The lack of involvement of some is very much missed.

There's something about the "voice" of men of God who have been called to preach the Gospel. It's powerful, persuasive, anointed and effective. I appreciate they've taken the time to be involved and share their hearts and understanding of scripture and their inspired writing with all of us. Many have been positively influenced and impacted as a result.

It's the best part of forum involvement in my opinion.
I totally agree with ya... It's one thing to hear everyone's opinion on various subjects, but it's different with men who spend their life devoted to the things of God, teaching and preaching to others the Word of God...It's like you know they are going to have the Word to back of their arguments and.or opinions....at least we hope!!!lol

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 02-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Blessed!

One of the things that make "these" type of forums unique is....both laity and ministers are dialoging about issues together. This hardly happens out in "the real world." You are getting feedback from those sitting in the pew to those preaching behind the pulpit....and even those who hold a leadership position in the organization.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:26 PM
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
I would speculate that some of those respected posters may be lurking to see how AFF develops and will join later if they see AFF is more reasonable than the final days at NFCF...

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Old 02-14-2007, 11:29 PM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Quote:
I would speculate that some of those respected posters may be lurking to see how AFF develops and will join later if they see AFF is more reasonable than the final days at NFCF...
I can't blame them there......the way it was going, it just got tooooo personal.....

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!