Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
abuse, eric garner, police, rest in peace, violence

Old 12-06-2014, 04:40 PM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Re: Saddened by NY Grand Jury Decision To NOT Indi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
that's idiotic and another emotional response. Nobody believes all cops are nice.
Prax it may be an emotional response; however, it is still true that there are way too many corrupt cops. They are posted all over YouTube. One instance was where a teenage girl kicked her shoe out of her cell and two grown cops beet her down, cameras don't lie. She was small and petite, one cop could've easily subdued her without throwing punches. I'll see if I can't find it for you.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:47 PM

Here it is. So what, she kicks her shoe at him and they do this??????? Emotional??? Yes, did she deserve that??? NO

Last edited by BrotherEastman; 12-06-2014 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Registered Member

Wow. That dude better be doing 5-10 in the pen.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Registered Member

Prax, I read this from day 1. Garner was not breaking the law when this cop assaulted him, causing his death. Check it out. There was NO crime being committed by Garner. He was simply a bystander when a fight broke out and even helped to break it up. His prior record caused these cops to harass him. He wasn't being threatening or resisting anything.

In fact, had Garner not been killed, he likely would have sued the cops for a civil rights violation - and won. Those cops had no business trying to arrest him.

And the cop who killed him has a record of his own for violating civil rights and wrongful arrests.

This is NOT Michael Brown or Trayvon Martin. If you can't figure out the difference, sorry. This guy was by all reports minding his own business when the cops singled him out for his prior record.

And for what....non-taxed cigarettes?!

I take my civil rights seriously, and when this happens, yes, I get angry. But there are plenty of legal minds who believe the same as I do.

And yes, race does play a factor. NYC's stop and frisk policy, the police beating of the black immigrant. NYPD has a nasty history of racial abuse. I guarantee you, had Garner been white, he would still be alive.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Wow. That dude better be doing 5-10 in the pen.
One could only wish, but cops stick up for their own and he won't serve any time; this is why I think cops are thugs!
Old 12-07-2014, 02:42 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
Prax it may be an emotional response; however, it is still true that there are way too many corrupt cops. They are posted all over YouTube. One instance was where a teenage girl kicked her shoe out of her cell and two grown cops beet her down, cameras don't lie. She was small and petite, one cop could've easily subdued her without throwing punches. I'll see if I can't find it for you.
no the idiotic response was your "They think all cops are nice"

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:45 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Prax, I read this from day 1. Garner was not breaking the law when this cop assaulted him, causing his death.
Give me a link because all I read and all I can find is he was illegally selling "loosies" and they got a call

This cop did not cause his death. There was some other cops. The head hold did not damage his air pipe. He was not "unable to breath" until he was on his chest and someone was on his back

Ive posted several links to read pertaining to that and not once have you acknowledged that you read any

The cop did not assault him. He was placed under arrest and resisted

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:49 AM
Go Dodgers!

From the HuffPo...of all places

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6277790.html

The fatal encounter occurred in July after Pantaleo and other police officers responded to complaints about Garner, a heavyset 43-year-old father of six.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:15 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Prax, I read this from day 1. Garner was not breaking the law when this cop assaulted him, causing his death. Check it out. There was NO crime being committed by Garner. He was simply a bystander when a fight broke out and even helped to break it up. His prior record caused these cops to harass him. He wasn't being threatening or resisting anything.

In fact, had Garner not been killed, he likely would have sued the cops for a civil rights violation - and won. Those cops had no business trying to arrest him.
Look...People with records get more scrutiny. He has a history of selling "Loosies" and is standing out in front of a store. That's the usual place to sell stuff, standing there.

If you read the encounter he is agitated from the beginning. Me? I'd just calmly talk to them, let them ask their questions or whatever.

Quote:
And the cop who killed him has a record of his own for violating civil rights and wrongful arrests.
Once again that cop did not kill him. The contributing factors include being placed on his stomach and having someone stick their knee on his back and press down. That is VERY common for a take down arrest when someone resists.

Also the guy everyone is blaming as the sole person who did it, he was not the person who confronted the man

"On July 17, 2014, at 4:45 p.m., Eric Garner was approached by a plainclothes police officer, Justin Damico, in front of a beauty supply store at 202 Bay Street in the Tompkinsville neighborhood in Staten Island"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Eric_Garner
Wrong guy.

Read what the man was saying to them

"After telling the police officers, "Get away [garbled] for what? Every time you see me, you want to mess with me. I'm tired of it. It stops today. Why would you...? Everyone standing here will tell you I didn't do nothing. I did not sell nothing. Because everytime you see me, you want to harass me. You want to stop me [garbled] Selling cigarettes. I'm minding my business, officer, I'm minding my business. Please just leave me alone. I told you the last time, please just leave me alone."

Again he has a record for doing just this.

Quote:
This is NOT Michael Brown or Trayvon Martin. If you can't figure out the difference, sorry. This guy was by all reports minding his own business when the cops singled him out for his prior record.
Please show me "All reports"...I don't see "by all reports".

Quote:
And for what....non-taxed cigarettes?!
You realize the Police don't make laws OR police Policy...right?

Quote:
I take my civil rights seriously, and when this happens, yes, I get angry. But there are plenty of legal minds who believe the same as I do.
The man was combative from the beginning.

Quote:
And yes, race does play a factor. NYC's stop and frisk policy, the police beating of the black immigrant. NYPD has a nasty history of racial abuse. I guarantee you, had Garner been white, he would still be alive.
The Police don't set policies again. Why make this one cop the scapegoat for those that set these policies?

Why do you suppose the black female sup that was present did not do anything about it? Is she a racist?

Why is one cop being singled out and the rest given immunity? Something is not right. The autopsy does not pin the death solely on the "chokehold" and so please explain why he is the killer and the other cops are not?

Please make sense of that. There was no damage to his windpipe. He did not suffocate to death

He went into Cardiac arrest. that could have happened to anyone with a bad heart

Old 12-07-2014, 03:28 AM
Registered Member

Surprisingly I'm with Prax on this one.

Fact 1: Cops believed man was selling loose cigs
Fact 2: Cops were attempting to arrest the man for selling loose cigs
Fact 3: The submission hold that the officer placed Garner in primarily restricted his blood flow and not his airflow.
Fact 4: Some people define a choke hold as only a hold that restricts the airflow. Others call a choke hold any hold that restricts the air flow or blood flow.

My opinion: Cops should be allowed to use the necessary amount of force that is needed to apprehend a lawbreaker while placing themselves at minimal risk for harm. In other words a quick take down followed by a dogpile is likely the safest course of action for the cops when a man is being beligerent and saying things like "this ends here" and "don't touch me" and waving his arms around while saying those things. Taking quick sudden action before the situation can escalate any further is the right thing to do.

How else would any of you rather the police behave?