Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-21-2007, 12:45 PM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Something Fun for Everybody and Let's See where It Goes...AFF is writing a Book..

Here is an idea for something that could be fun and everybody can contribute. I have an idea that there are many sharp and imaginative minds here on AFF. I would like to see if we could collectively write a story or book that would be completed in 90 days. Chapter by Chapter... I would like for someone to write the next chapter in this book. I wrote the first short chapter to set the story... I need somebody willing to write the next chapter which could be a couple of pages...

Simply submit the chapter you write to me in a PM or email and I will make sure it's presentable and cleaned up and put it in your words into this book and post it as it is order in form...

Here's the first Chapter... Let's see where it goes...

Chapter One

Isabel and Isaac came into the world together. The twins began their lives just a few minutes from one another. They were the offspring of Jude and Sarah Farther. Sarah had been in labor for twenty-six hours when the cry first filled the room. She was overcome with relief and weariness, and when the second cry of another baby came, she simply smiled thru her tears. Jude was overjoyed at the prospect of twins. He had looked forward to this day and when it was finally done, he did as he had always done, he knelt by the bed of his now sleeping wife and her two new bundles and asked God to bless his new family.

The Farther family had just taken a pastorate at a Pentecostal church in Lockeford, California, a small farming community just outside of Stockton. They had been at the church just a few months before Sarah had found out she was having a baby. They were overjoyed at the news of the new arrival, and it was on their second visit to the doctor when they received the news they were having twins. Overcome with emotion, Sarah fell to her knees right there in the office and began to cry and thank God. The Doctor just smiled and helped her back to her feet while Jude sat there somewhat shocked until Sarah punched him in the arm and brought him back to reality. They both laughed and smiled all the way back home.

Isabel and Isaac, though the same age, size, and hair color, were as different as two babies could be. Isabel was energetic and busy; but happy and content. Isaac was colicky and cried constantly, but would quiet when rested against his sister. Sarah had struggled a bit with their differences but was thankful they were boy and girl and she could tell them apart. When she would look down at their two beautiful faces she felt great warmth in her heart that radiated the love only a mother could have for her offspring. She did not know how much that love would be tested, but for now they were sleeping peaceably and felt their mother's hand on their little heads and all was good.