Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 12-29-2007, 01:22 PM

Music Director Arrested!!!!!!!!!

As you may or may not know, the music director from Heritage Christian Center was recently arrested for sexual assault on a child, among other things.

Quote:
Police arrested 38-year-old James Brown at a home in Arapahoe County Thursday morning on charges of sexual assault on a child. They say the alleged assault happened at the home.

Friday evening, Garret Leonard, the Executive Pastor at Heritage Christian Center sent 9NEWS the following statement: "Effective immediately Mr. Brown has been relieved from all of his duties at Heritage Christian Center. We will assess the situation as more details become available. We will continue to pray for all parties involved in this situation."
I suppose the only significance to this story is that Landy Ewing was once the music director at this church here in Denver.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:25 PM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
As you may or may not know, the music director from Heritage Christian Center was recently arrested for sexual assault on a child, among other things.

I suppose the only significance to this story is that Landy Ewing was once the music director at this church here in Denver.
Carp,

Wasn't Landy's ex-wife still involved in the music program there?
Old 12-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
Carp,

Wasn't Landy's ex-wife still involved in the music program there?
Phil...I could be wrong, but I don't think Michelle is there any longer.

I had a friend that was music director at Heritage for about 6 mos. The stories he told me were staggering. From the Pastor right on down to the janitors.......unbelievable.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:29 PM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorD View Post

I had a friend that was music director at Heritage for about 6 mos. The stories he told me were staggering. From the Pastor right on down to the janitors.......unbelievable.
Thanks for the update. I wasn't sure... I knew she stayed when he left and continued for a while...

Thanks again,
Old 12-29-2007, 03:49 PM

I really have no idea, I haven't been there in years...actually since Landy was there.

He seemed to be a fish out of water if I recall correctly, but it was also at that same time when that church began to move from the right hand of the mainstream to the middle-left-prosperity gibberish...

I really like Dennis Leonard, as personable a guy you will ever come across. If you ever had the opportunity to speak to him one on one, you would still sense a genuine pastor's heart.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorD View Post

Michelle has been long gone from there.Last I heard,she took a position in the midwest(maybe Illinois?).

Is Landy still in Lake Charles? Word is that he is no longer there.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:20 PM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Jim View Post
Michelle has been long gone from there.Last I heard,she took a position in the midwest(maybe Illinois?).

Is Landy still in Lake Charles? Word is that he is no longer there.
Michelle was from my home church.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

Landy is no longer at Eastwood.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:08 PM
Forever Loved Admin

This is so sad. Will be praying for the family's.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 12-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Registered Member

DENVER (AP) - The music minister at the Heritage Christian Center has been arrested after a 15-year-old relative accused him of sexually assaulting her, the Arapahoe County sheriff said.

James Howard Brown, 38, was arrested Thursday for investigation of sexual assault on a child by a person in a position of trust, displaying a pattern of sexual assault on a child and aggravated incest.

He was being held under $50,000 bail. It was not immediately known if he had an attorney.

Click on the link to read the rest of the story.

http://www.summitdaily.com/article/2...93863/-1/rss02