Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-24-2013, 07:47 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Re: Bro Lee Stoneking

Heresy gets a pass!!! Gloraaaay!!!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:15 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post

A) <<...another opportunity to catch one of those Lee Stoneking "masterpieces" his supporters have told me about for many years..>>

B) <<All I ever hear are red meat catch phrases thrown out to incite an emotional response from OP's. >>

No mystery. After the desired mood is established, B = A.

Deeply JN Apostolic: 1978-1999.
Happily agnostic/atheist 2011 to present.

Good news! The gospel boils down to, "Love me
or I will destroy you." --A god.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:25 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
No, not at all.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Amen, people receive the Holy Ghost in his meetings, find faith, get healed, and Brother Stoneking IMHO is sincere about what he is doing. For the most part people learn to eat the fish, and spit out the bones, so while some things might raise an eyebrow on a saint, they tend to let it go and continue to follow all the good that comes from the individual. It's not like Brother Stoneking talks about exploding babies in every sermon.
In his case I think the "fish" has so many bones it endangers peoples health. You can't excuse some of the things he says just because he builds peoples faith (a rationale one LS syncophant gave me in the past) or people get healed. The UPC empbracing the magic hair theology and other LS imaginations deals a big blow to the organizations credibility with most thinking people.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 08-24-2013, 09:10 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
In his case I think the "fish" has so many bones it endangers peoples health. You can't excuse some of the things he says just because he builds peoples faith (a rationale one LS syncophant gave me in the past) or people get healed. The UPC empbracing the magic hair theology and other LS imaginations deals a big blow to the organizations credibility with most thinking people.
And you are right, yet, people grow as they are taught by the Lord Jesus Christ (if they allow), yet far be it from me to let someone get away with an unverifiable story launched from behind the pulpit, about some disgusting story of an Al-Qaeda leader giving classes on how to filet open babies and install C4 into the corpse. So, having said all that we just hope and pray that the Lord Jesus continue to guide and teach those who sincerely want Him, more than the breath of life, and therefore avoid choking on a bone.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:59 AM
Registered Member

I could go for some fish masala about now. Have to spit out the bones, though.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:03 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Quote:
No, not at all.
Yes, I'm afraid it does. With some, it all depends on who is spouting heresy.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:08 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I agree, CC1, but excuse away they do, and why?

Because LS is a favored son...one whom the so-called elite have backed and supported.

It doesn't seem to be the truth that you preach that counts, rather the number of camp meetings and revivals from which you spout your deceptive message.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
Yes, I'm afraid it does. With some, it all depends on who is spouting heresy.
With some, emphasis on the word "some," but others don't give heresy a pass.
Yet, when you say that a brother is teaching something heretical you have to look at the group he fellowships. You will find that what may be deemed heretical is viewed as orthodoxy by their group. Someone pointing a finger and saying that the group is turning a blind eye to a heretical teaching should first look closer to see if the group which is being accused of truing a blind eye agrees with what is being taught, or a variation of what is being taught.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
With some, emphasis on the word "some," but others don't give heresy a pass.
Yet, when you say that a brother is teaching something heretical you have to look at the group he fellowships. You will find that what may be deemed heretical is viewed as orthodoxy by their group. Someone pointing a finger and saying that the group is turning a blind eye to a heretical teaching should first look closer to see if the group which is being accused of truing a blind eye agrees with what is being taught, or a variation of what is being taught.
Bro. Beni, silence and acceptance in any other arena would denote agreement. But when it comes to the brethren, we are careful to make excuses...and this is the general 'we'...by no means indicting you.

I do believe that some in the UPCI, and many in high positions have indeed turned a blind eye and it is shameful.