Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 07-31-2018, 03:25 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Lord, Rid Me of Loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Roller View Post
Again, I want to thank everyone here for the prayers and for the encouraging words. They have really meant a lot.

I have decided that I'm not going to be depressed or sad anymore. I just can't let it happen. I'll just work on being the absolute best me I can be, and get myself on the best track through aid via the Lord.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 08-01-2018, 12:26 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Precisely my thoughts in the past few days. What if the Lord is using my loneliness to get me where He wants me?
Like being an intercessor? Loneliness is a great opportunity to become a great intercessor.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Like being an intercessor? Loneliness is a great opportunity to become a great intercessor.
It does give me an opportunity to pray for people a whole lot more.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
It does give me an opportunity to pray for people a whole lot more.
even if people have friends family etc there is still plenty of time to pray.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
even if people have friends family etc there is still plenty of time to pray.
True.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:49 PM
Registered Member

U P D A T E

Through some consistent prayer and meditating, I have gradually gotten over my loneliness. I have used it to get closer to the Lord, and spent more time praying. Naturally, that brought the devil to fight me hard. I went through a dry period in my prayer life, but I had a great breakthrough riding solo in my car this past Saturday. That, followed by two great services this past Sunday, have brought me through this patch of loneliness.

I appreciate all of your prayers as well.

In saying all of that, I feel like there's something else that has come from all of this. And that something isn't good.

On a few different occasions, different people have warned me not to allow my tender and loving heart to be under attack. Well, turns out the devil did attack this ole heart of mine, and in some cases, yes I did feed that hurt and depression.

I shouldn't have, but I did.

Anyways, I now have this perpetual fear that I won't ever be able to love people like I once did. I find myself consistently praying that the Lord restore my heart to have a love and compassionate spirit for sinners, backsliders, enemies, those that have hurt me, and fellow Christians.

It seems the hurt that allowed to come in my heart has made me something along the lines of numb. I don't really feel that it's bitterness, but a numbness. There's a difference. I honestly feel like I have forgiven the people I feel have wronged or hurt me, but at the same time, I simply cannot allow myself to go to the same place with them any longer.

My heart's on lock down. That's one way to put it. I've been encouraged --- by different people --- to put people at arm's length; to be their friend, but not let them be mine. It's terribly hard for me to do that. Once I put someone at arm's length, I generally erase (for the lack of a better word) those people from my life.

They're simply cut off.

And I keep reminding myself that was the old me, and that I've got to be better than that now. It's easier said than done, however.

I'd like to ask each of you to help me pray that I get this heart issue of mine straightened out. I want to the love I once had, but I fear I won't ever have it again.

Thanks in advance. God bless!
Old 08-13-2018, 04:20 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
U P D A T E

Through some consistent prayer and meditating, I have gradually gotten over my loneliness. I have used it to get closer to the Lord, and spent more time praying. Naturally, that brought the devil to fight me hard. I went through a dry period in my prayer life, but I had a great breakthrough riding solo in my car this past Saturday. That, followed by two great services this past Sunday, have brought me through this patch of loneliness.

In saying all of that, I feel like there's something else that has come from all of this. And that something isn't good.

On a few different occasions, different people have warned me not to allow my tender and loving heart to be under attack. Well, turns out the devil did attack this ole heart of mine, and in some cases, yes I did feed that hurt and depression.

Anyways, I now have this perpetual fear that I won't ever be able to love people like I once did. I find myself consistently praying that the Lord restore my heart to have a love and compassionate spirit for sinners, backsliders, enemies, those that have hurt me, and fellow Christians.

It seems the hurt that allowed to come in my heart has made me something along the lines of numb. I don't really feel that it's bitterness, but a numbness. There's a difference. I honestly feel like I have forgiven the people I feel have wronged or hurt me, but at the same time, I simply cannot allow myself to go to the same place with them any longer.

My heart's on lock down. That's one way to put it. I've been encouraged --- by different people --- to put people at arm's length; to be their friend, but not let them be mine. It's terribly hard for me to do that. Once I put someone at arm's length, I generally erase (for the lack of a better word) those people from my life.

They're simply cut off.

And I keep reminding myself that was the old me, and that I've got to be better than that now. It's easier said than done, however.

I'd like to ask each of you to help me pray that I get this heart issue of mine straightened out. I want to the love I once had, but I fear I won't ever have it again.

One of the things that I do to destress and clear my head is run. Occasionally I even race, I Have done 5Ks and half marathons. Running is one of the best ways to feel better about oneself. The other thing is lifting. Nothing gets you ripped like lifting. Being really fit gives you confidence.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
One of the things that I do to destress and clear my head is run. Occasionally I even race, I Have done 5Ks and half marathons. Running is one of the best ways to feel better about oneself. The other thing is lifting. Nothing gets you ripped like lifting. Being really fit gives you confidence.
My Mother and I have talked about that exact same thing. We've both said that we were almost certain that being healthier would give us a better outlook overall.

I'm aiming to start a diet.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:14 PM
Covenant Apostolic

I Think you will feel better
Old 08-13-2018, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
U P D A T E

They're simply cut off.

Brother, forgiveness and love is not a license to be be abused or mistreated again. It is simply the relinquishing of your desire for satisfaction and judgment against those that have wronged or hurt you somehow.

So, it's not a matter of love or forgiveness, it's a matter of trust. If someone has broken that trust, they have an obligation to earn it back. If they are not making steps toward that goal, an arm's length posture is fully warranted.

Do not confuse love with being naive, or compassion with with victimization. Yes, Jesus suffered horribly and submitted Himself to the worst pain imaginable, on all fronts, not just physically, but He's not doing it again for anyone, and for anyone who hasn't repented and obeyed the Gospel, it's everlasting destruction for them, FROM HIM.

So, you turned the other cheek, and gave your back to the smiters, so to speak, but that doesn't mean you have to keep doing it. Of course, vengeance is the LORD's, and not yours, so refrain on that end.

But a loving, tender heart still needs to be tempered with wisdom. There were places Jesus wouldn't go so that He could avoid the persecution and madness that some people wanted to bring His way.

See Matthew 12:14-15, Mark 9:30, and etc. There is no reason we cannot do the same.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/