Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-14-2019, 05:57 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Meanwhile in Virginia...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
He was rebuked by the Lord, to put his sword away. Funny no one is saying its wrong for you to use a sword, or even a gun. Yet, people get upset when you point out that they want to use it for “self-defense”, Jesus was so correct, when he said those who LIVE by the sword will die by it.
Every professional soldier from time immemorial up to around Vietnam understood that truism, that he who lives by the sword will die by the sword. It's a maxim, not a statement of Divine disapproval of keeping and bearing arms in general.

Jesus told Peter to holster his weapon, He did not tell him to get rid of it or keep it in the safe only to be used for cutting paper or hunting. The problem was Peter was trying to interfere with Christ's mission, which required Him to be arrested, tried in a kangaroo court, and executed.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-15-2019, 05:29 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Every professional soldier from time immemorial up to around Vietnam understood that truism, that he who lives by the sword will die by the sword. It's a maxim, not a statement of Divine disapproval of keeping and bearing arms in general.

Jesus told Peter to holster his weapon, He did not tell him to get rid of it or keep it in the safe only to be used for cutting paper or hunting. The problem was Peter was trying to interfere with Christ's mission, which required Him to be arrested, tried in a kangaroo court, and executed.
Donald J Trump?
Old 12-15-2019, 08:26 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Donald J Trump?
He's silent as usual when it comes to important stuff.

I just started this thread to point out things are moving along rather quickly according to several layers of agendas that will wind up having an impact on folks. If a person thinks food all comes from WalMart they may find themselves in trouble not too long from now. History is like a broken tape deck that speeds up and slows down unexpectedly.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-15-2019, 08:36 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
He's silent as usual when it comes to important stuff.

I just started this thread to point out things are moving along rather quickly according to several layers of agendas that will wind up having an impact on folks. If a person thinks food all comes from WalMart they may find themselves in trouble not too long from now. History is like a broken tape deck that speeds up and slows down unexpectedly.
These are just my thoughts. The whole impeachment is a distraction. The Democrats have no one running, which is by design. The impeachment is to make the POTUS look like the underdog. So all will think Trump is getting bullied.
Meanwhile Rome burns, and by the time anyone figures it all out the trap will be spring. Both sides make out and the rank and file lose. What that loss will look like I have no idea yet.
Old 12-16-2019, 04:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
These are just my thoughts. The whole impeachment is a distraction. The Democrats have no one running, which is by design. The impeachment is to make the POTUS look like the underdog. So all will think Trump is getting bullied.
Meanwhile Rome burns, and by the time anyone figures it all out the trap will be spring. Both sides make out and the rank and file lose. What that loss will look like I have no idea yet.
I never though of that. I can totally see why you say that. It sure is interesting unfolding America’s layers.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:20 AM
Registered Member

Virginia is a former sovereign republic whose proximity to Sodom on the Potomac (Washington. DC) makes it an easy target for ongoing Yankee reconstruction. The only hope for Virginia is to cede at least three counties to the District of Columbia, thus eliminating their influence in REAL Virginia. I saw today militias are forming to defend gun rights. This is going to get interesting.
Old 12-17-2019, 06:24 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

I think over 75 counties out 95 have now passed Resolves against the actions of the governor and the tyrranists. At least one county has implemented a procedure for training the county militia. The governor and company have threatened to use the National Guard and to forecibly remove county officials and sheriffs who have supported these Resolves. There is now a movement in Texas, Colorado, and I think another state (can't remember) to do the same thing. Several Texas and Colorado counties have passed similar Resolves recently.

We live in interesting times.

Old 12-17-2019, 08:14 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I think over 75 counties out 95 have now passed Resolves against the actions of the governor and the tyrranists. At least one county has implemented a procedure for training the county militia. The governor and company have threatened to use the National Guard and to forecibly remove county officials and sheriffs who have supported these Resolves. There is now a movement in Texas, Colorado, and I think another state (can't remember) to do the same thing. Several Texas and Colorado counties have passed similar Resolves recently.

We live in interesting times.
FBI shot themselves in the foot. The president is crying that there is an attemptive take over. All bread and circuses, dog and pony show, smoke and mirrors. Something way deeper is about to go down. Yet, the church has decided to have Xmas chorus in front of the Dagon tree at the local mall.
Old 12-17-2019, 11:52 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by evang.benincasa View Post
fbi shot themselves in the foot. The president is crying that there is an attemptive take over. All bread and circuses, dog and pony show, smoke and mirrors. Something way deeper is about to go down. Yet, the church has decided to have xmas chorus in front of the dagon tree at the local mall.
^ This.

Old 12-18-2019, 09:43 AM
Registered Member

This is an interesting topic. Let's go beyond that "buy a sword" verse and bring some patterns from other verses.

I see John the Baptist not telling soldiers to stop killing. I see Peter not telling Cornelius to stop killing. I see Paul even using a legion of soldiers to protect himself from the Jews, and also using a soldier analogy in the spiritual world.
I see Paul also saying that soldiers carry a sword to bring justice and we must submit to their authority.

I also see none of the Apostles or Christians, during their ministry after Pentecost, taking swords with them as they spread the Gospel. In the Old Testament, except from one instance where Samuel used a sword, the prophets didn't use to carry and use swords.

The two instances where you see the phrase "he who kills by the sword will be killed by the sword", Matthew 26:52 and Rev 13:10, are in the context of persecution. I think what the phrase really means is that when persecution comes against the saints, those that try to stop it with the sword will perish by the sword. When persecution comes, the principle I see is to flee, instead of resisting it by the sword.

All of this makes me think that the point is that if it is your job and authority in society to stop evil and bring justice by the sword, then you should use it rightfully: soldiers, officers, guards, etc.... But when you are ministering the Gospel, and bringing the word of God to the people, you should not be armed and suffer persecution if it comes.

Am I missing some passages of the Bible that go against these principles?

BTW, the verse about buying a sword has to be put in context:

[Luk 22:36-37 NKJV] 36 Then He said to them, "But now, he who has a money bag, let him take [it], and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. 37 "For I say to you that this which is written must still be accomplished in Me: 'And He was numbered with the transgressors.' For the things concerning Me have an end."

It is like if having swords in the group was to be used as an evidence against them as preparing a revolt against the authorities.

Last edited by coksiw; 12-18-2019 at 11:39 AM.