Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-30-2019, 08:13 AM
Registered Member

Another Reason NOT to have guns in Church.

ttps://www.register-herald.com/news/pastor-s-wife-charged-after-allegedly-firing-pistol-at-church/image_f45c55dc-09ea-533e-8203-03346bf1734c.html

Now these people might be the greatest people in the world but look at the negative that goes with guns and the church.

Now all the pro-church gunners want to bring up hypothetical situations? This is a real world situation where the event went sour and could have went very very bad.

Again, these might be great people, but think of the negative now that that church and the ministry there has to overcome.

Think of the bad reputation and the stigma now in that city that has to be lived with.

Sorry folks, it is not worth it.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:24 AM
Registered Member

Re: Another Reason NOT to have guns in Church.

That family looks very familiar to me. It is embarrassing.
Old 08-30-2019, 08:51 AM
Registered Member

I was listening to an old JR Ensey message, this week.
It was before Y2K.
He was talking about someone trying to sell him a semi-automatic shotgun which was nicknamed a street-sweeper.
Old 08-30-2019, 09:25 AM
Registered Member

The gun is the least of the issues in this story ...

Seriously.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:38 AM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
The gun is the least of the issues in this story ...

Seriously.

When are people going to realize that the problem with a gun lies in who holds it, not the gun itself?
Old 08-30-2019, 11:44 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post

When are people going to realize that the problem with a gun lies in who holds it, not the gun itself?

GTSY Kept!
Old 08-30-2019, 11:51 AM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post

GTSY Kept!
I've missed you guys, and all the drama...
Old 08-30-2019, 04:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post

So you are saying that here the people are the problem?

The gun did not add to the situation at all?

According to the article she left and went out to "get her gun" and take care of the situation.

How many apostolics have the same attitude even here on AFF?

Bless God I'll just shoot them!

What happened to the message of peace?

I said on another thread that the after effects of a shooting is more than some want to deal with!

The negative of this situation is going to radiate out for a long time in that city and that county.

Every time this minister and his wife try to reach someone now that is going to be hanging over their head.

Could you have imagined if she had actually shot that other woman?

Some here like the Louis Lamour idea of quick draw mcgraw in the church but the actual fallout is a whole lot bigger than they think.

Old 08-30-2019, 04:34 PM
Registered Member

I was at a church preaching in the last year, won't say where, where some in the church carry. They even have CCW classes in that church to get their people prepared to carry.

So the pastor is telling me about an incident that had just happened where his wife is looking out her window and sees a man in the back yard. She calls her daughter who also carries and tells her to 'get over here and bring your pistol".

The pastor's wife goes out, with her pistol, and confronts the man! She thought he was a prowler. He was a phone repair man who was there on legitimate business!

About that time the daughter shows up with her pistol! So now we have two scared women, holding guns on this guy, he is about ready to wet his pants, and then the pastor shows up!

He deescalates the problem but the guy is almost crying because these two women, carrying guns and waving them around looked like they were going to shoot him!

Now, if a pastor's wife and daughter were quick to pull guns in a situation like this, think about some of the knuckleheads in these congregation who think they are relatives to the sacketts!

I absolutely believe that some of these churches are going to be sued over things like this when some demon possessed person comes into a service, some over anxious usher with a .40 auto pulls it on him, and then the fun is going to begin.

Old 08-30-2019, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterrey View Post
So you are saying that here the people are the problem?

The gun did not add to the situation at all?

According to the article she left and went out to "get her gun" and take care of the situation.

How many apostolics have the same attitude even here on AFF?

Bless God I'll just shoot them!

What happened to the message of peace?

I said on another thread that the after effects of a shooting is more than some want to deal with!

The negative of this situation is going to radiate out for a long time in that city and that county.

Every time this minister and his wife try to reach someone now that is going to be hanging over their head.

Could you have imagined if she had actually shot that other woman?

Some here like the Louis Lamour idea of quick draw mcgraw in the church but the actual fallout is a whole lot bigger than they think.
If you think a church having security measures in any way equates to some idiot pastors wife grabbing her gun to "handle" something then you go to church with people a lot stupider than I do.

A stupid person can do a stupid thing anytime anywhere regardless of any official policy. Saying churches should not have security because of this woman is like saying people should not drive cars because drunk drivers kill people.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"