Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-30-2019, 07:19 AM
Registered Member

Re: Gino Jennings End Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Sadly, he is wrong. You have to compare Matt 24:30-31 with Matt 23:37 to know what gather together is talking about. What Jerusalem refused to let him do with them is what the obedient will willingly see Him do for them.
Gino is right. You are wrong.

The obedient will be gathered at his coming.

Matt. 24:29-31

29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Matt 23:37 in no way negates this great truth. The obedient "elect" will be gathered or "caught up" in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Gino is right. You are wrong.

The obedient will be gathered at his coming.

Matt. 24:29-31

29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Matt 23:37 in no way negates this great truth. The obedient "elect" will be gathered or "caught up" in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.
No, Jesus is right. You are wrong along with Gino. Gather together is in protection from destruction, as Matt 23:37 says. Gathering together is not being caught up. All these details are never solidly confirmed in your doctrine They're assumptions. Meanwhile I have the contrast from Mat 23:37 with 24:29-31 and also a coinciding basis of commonality in the overall passages I noted between 23:36 and 24:34.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 08-30-2019, 07:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
No, Jesus is right. You are wrong along with Gino. Gather together is in protection from destruction, as Matt 23:37 says. Gathering together is not being caught up. All these details are never solidly confirmed in your doctrine They're assumptions. Meanwhile I have the contrast from Mat 23:37 with 24:29-31 and also a coinciding basis of commonality in the overall passages I noted between 23:36 and 24:34.
Did it already happen?
Old 08-30-2019, 07:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Paul teaches the very same thing to the Thessalonians Jesus taught in Matt. 24:29-31

Matt 24:29-31

2 Thess. 2:1-3

1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Paul simply refers to what Jesus taught when teaching the Thessalonians about what is commonly called the "rapture".
Old 08-30-2019, 08:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Sadly, he is wrong. You have to compare Matt 24:30-31 with Matt 23:37 to know what gather together is talking about. What Jerusalem refused to let him do with them is what the obedient will willingly see Him do for them.
Sorry what exactly you believe about the First Resurrection?
Matt 24:30-31 is (probably) the Gathering we see at Revelation 14 and also the same event as described by Paul in Thessalonians 1 (1)Coming from Heaven to earth, 2) with a voice from Archangel, 3) In the Clouds, 4)trump of God 5)In the last Trump.
In Luke is described too very wonderfully (and fearfully )
Luke 17 31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back. 32 Remember Lot's wife.
34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two [men] in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. 35 Two [women] shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 36 Two [men] shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.3 37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body [is], thither will the eagles be gathered together.

Also this last word " thither will the eagles be gathered together." by Luke ,is used in Matthew too when speaks about those who teach a secret rapture:

Mat.24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here [is] Christ, or there; believe [it] not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before. 26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, [he is] in the secret chambers; believe [it] not. 27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together

and then wafter speaks about the false prophets sighn continues in the very next verse (and in the same paragraph )
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
When all this will happen Matthew? Immediately after the tribulation of those days

Amen, God bless

Last edited by peter83; 08-30-2019 at 08:35 AM.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
He teaches more truth than the average Preacher?

Ask Amanah.
Gino has said some things I believe, such as New Birth Baptism and the Oneness of God. But the dude also has some extreme and crazy beliefs. And he hates other Oneness Pentecostals such as the UPC and has stated people should leave the UPC. So I don't hold him in that high regard as do others on here.

Men are not allowed to give their jacket to a sister if she is cold. Nor can a man give her his gloves.

You're also prohibited from any profession which requires the sale or handling of a firearm -- and prohibited from having any in your personal, private possession.

Ministers in his church aren't allowed to reference, quote, teach or even read any book not pre-approved as Holy Scriptures. Doing so will result in suspension from teaching. Second offense will result in expulsion from the church.

There's a lot more you can read in their by-laws.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Gino has said some things I believe, such as New Birth Baptism and the Oneness of God. But the dude also has some extreme and crazy beliefs. And he hates other Oneness Pentecostals such as the UPC and has stated people should leave the UPC. So I don't hold him in that high regard as do others on here.

Men are not allowed to give their jacket to a sister if she is cold. Nor can a man give her his gloves.

You're also prohibited from any profession which requires the sale or handling of a firearm -- and prohibited from having any in your personal, private possession.

Ministers in his church aren't allowed to reference, quote, teach or even read any book not pre-approved as Holy Scriptures. Doing so will result in suspension from teaching. Second offense will result in expulsion from the church.

Yup, that's the kind of church I would literally walk away from.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

Hi David
For UPC he disagree with women preachers and 2nd marriage (which also the Bible disagree)
For men-women they are very strict yes,(but as i know he also teaches respect and gentleness too.(grand father ,mothers and women).
Quote:
Ministers in his church aren't allowed to reference, quote, teach or even read any book not pre-approved as Holy Scriptures.
I dont see anything bad to this one i mean ,how one can preach through anything else but Scripture itself? (maybe misunderstood that?)
Anyway one thing i like on ministers of 1st Church (except that they are humble) Preachers are not allowed to get paid, they have to hold a normal job and they are not allowed to pre-write a sermon (if they have the Spirit just open their mouth and God speaks)
God be with you!

Last edited by peter83; 08-30-2019 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Gino has said some things I believe in. But the dude also has some extreme and crazy beliefs. And he hates other Oneness Pentecostals such as the UPC and has stated people should leave the UPC.
I never said he has ALL the truth. I said perhaps he has MORE truth than many. I refer to foundation doctrine. He teaches the resurrection of the dead and post tribulation rapture. That alone puts him ahead of most Oneness Churches IMO.

Perhaps the UPC scares him because of their weird belief about celebrating pagan holidays like Christmas and Easter? Or rejecting the headcovering?

Quote:
If the UPC doctrine that condemns women wearing pants on the basis of Duet. 22:5 this would be consistent.

Quote:
Not saying I agree with this reasoning but I recall MANY threads on the Forum where Elders are allowed to set certain STANDARDS for Churches that are not expressed in scripture like shaving beards.

I have owned many firearms and still own some but as has been said many times here if I wanted to be part of their group I would have to submit.

Quote:
To extreme, altho to me the reading of most books outside scripture does seem to increase error.

I could not belong to his Church because I am remarried. So I'm not his follower but I do think all in all their group is more serious than most.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:35 PM
New User

Quote:
Because he really believes Deuteronomy 22:5