Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-30-2019, 11:31 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Another Reason NOT to have guns in Church.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Whaat?
Y u no utube like a boss?

lol

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 08-30-2019, 11:47 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Y u no utube like a boss?

lol
Not familiar with his story. Did remind me of Hamblin from the series Snake Salvation.
Old 08-31-2019, 01:46 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Not familiar with his story. Did remind me of Hamblin from the series Snake Salvation.
I think its the same people. Hamblin sounds familiar.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 08-31-2019, 10:58 AM
New User

Quote:
I think its the same people. Hamblin sounds familiar.
Ok. Don’t think or didn’t know they were oneness.
Old 08-31-2019, 03:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
This was not at a service. It was a meeting on a Saturday between the pastor and his wife with the youth pastor and his wife, because the pastor's wife had a beef with the youth pastor's wife, apparently over standards of all things. They got into a harpy screeching contest and the pastor's wife marched out to the parking lot and got her gun. Pastor apparently tried to disarm her and the gun discharged as a result. That's kind of what happens when two people wrestle with a firearm.

There are obviously some serious issues between the two women. From my experience dealing with human beings, I strongly suspect the pastor's wife thought the youth pastor's wife was anglin' for the pastor and that was the source of her obvious rage. As this was in West Virginia I wouldn't be surprised if everyone involved is cheating on/with everyone and lots of meth might be in play as well.

A snake handling oneness church with connections in W.Va. imploded several years ago because the pastor was cheating on his wife with another minister's wife, and the pastor's wife was having an affair with said minister, several others in the church were having affairs with multiple persons, and everybody was on meth. Pastor I think went to jail, and their church youtube page became a minor sensation.

Most people who carry do so in case they run into people like this.
Article says it was an argument over a themed t-shirt the youth pastors wife wore. YP's wife quoted as saying argument wasn't about an affair
Old 08-31-2019, 04:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterrey View Post
I was at a church preaching in the last year, won't say where, where some in the church carry. They even have CCW classes in that church to get their people prepared to carry.

So the pastor is telling me about an incident that had just happened where his wife is looking out her window and sees a man in the back yard. She calls her daughter who also carries and tells her to 'get over here and bring your pistol".

The pastor's wife goes out, with her pistol, and confronts the man! She thought he was a prowler. He was a phone repair man who was there on legitimate business!

About that time the daughter shows up with her pistol! So now we have two scared women, holding guns on this guy, he is about ready to wet his pants, and then the pastor shows up!

He deescalates the problem but the guy is almost crying because these two women, carrying guns and waving them around looked like they were going to shoot him!

Now, if a pastor's wife and daughter were quick to pull guns in a situation like this, think about some of the knuckleheads in these congregation who think they are relatives to the sacketts!

I absolutely believe that some of these churches are going to be sued over things like this when some demon possessed person comes into a service, some over anxious usher with a .40 auto pulls it on him, and then the fun is going to begin.
What if this had not been a pastor's wife but just some lady in any neighborhood? By Monterrey's logic, nobody should have a gun at home to defend themselves because someone might be mistaken for an intruder and shot. "Message of peace", would apply in every home.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:22 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Article says it was an argument over a themed t-shirt the youth pastors wife wore. YP's wife quoted as saying argument wasn't about an affair
I didnt say the argument was about an affair.

Old 09-01-2019, 06:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
This was not at a service. It was a meeting on a Saturday between the pastor and his wife with the youth pastor and his wife, because the pastor's wife had a beef with the youth pastor's wife, apparently over standards of all things. They got into a harpy screeching contest and the pastor's wife marched out to the parking lot and got her gun. Pastor apparently tried to disarm her and the gun discharged as a result. That's kind of what happens when two people wrestle with a firearm.

There are obviously some serious issues between the two women. From my experience dealing with human beings, I strongly suspect the pastor's wife thought the youth pastor's wife was anglin' for the pastor and that was the source of her obvious rage. As this was in West Virginia I wouldn't be surprised if everyone involved is cheating on/with everyone and lots of meth might be in play as well.

A snake handling oneness church with connections in W.Va. imploded several years ago because the pastor was cheating on his wife with another minister's wife, and the pastor's wife was having an affair with said minister, several others in the church were having affairs with multiple persons, and everybody was on meth. Pastor I think went to jail, and their church youtube page became a minor sensation.

Most people who carry do so in case they run into people like this.

I can see that out of a snake handling church. I doubt it is as extreme as the picture you paint, in this case, however. Not defending these folks by any means. Didn’t even know they had started a church there. In southern WV, there is every strain of Pentecost you could imagine. If someone starts a church, it’s typically because something is preventing them from being satisfied where they were attending, as opposed to an actual need for a church in that area. Maybe those in this congregation will return to their home churches now.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:05 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Looked for the church on FB, found a post from August 22nd:

"""Great church again tonight! Such a wonderful loving spirit of JESUS! Preached on “ Just Trust JESUS”

Love fixes everything that is why JESUS died on the the cross so just relax and Trust JESUS!"""

There was one comment: "But watch out for the guns."

smh

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...59115937646540
Oh my.

Old 09-01-2019, 07:06 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Sad but funny. After a situation like this I am afraid this pastor and his wife need to move on and let the church have a fresh start with a new pastor and wife. I feel bad for them but they have to do what is best for the body of Christ.
I agree.