Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-14-2015, 12:28 PM
Registered Member

Re: Terrorist Attacks In Paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillStanding View Post
Seriously, to defeat ISIS we need to match ISIS as far as acceptance of collateral damage. Drop leaflets over the areas that ISIS controls telling them that if they stay in the area they will die. Surround the area with troops to intercept anyone that tries to leave. Put these people in camps to be interrogated to determine if the are a part of ISIS.

Then rain hell on all the cockroaches left behind. If they shield with women and children, too bad! They were warned, and THEY chose to take innocents with them.

This is barbaric, but the only strength that ISIS will understand.

And for heaven's sake, don't let anymore into our country! And if any seem suspicious...send them back where they came from! I seriously wish this was possible...
Old 11-14-2015, 12:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Anyone happen to have a final solution?
Solutions have been offered, YOU just don't like them because you prefer to put words in peoples mouths. Don't try to make this personal and about Muslims. It is about Islam - the ideology.

So time for YOU to answer a question.
Do you support a political/religious organization that would use freedom of religion to hide behind all the while trying to gain strength to impose another legal system in this country?

Do you support the legislation in proposed by Ted Cruz that would name the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist organization?

http://www.cruz.senate.gov/files/doc...esignation.pdf

What about Muslim Brotherhood affiliates?

Last edited by Pliny; 11-14-2015 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:35 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
Solutions have been offered, YOU just don't like them because you prefer to put words in peoples mouths. Don't try to make this personal and about Muslims. It is about Islam - the ideology.
You know what is truly bizarre about this conversation?

Is that you seem to hold an opinion based on Muslims not being Islamic?

Like Eastern Russian Orthodoxy not being categorized as practising Christianity? Let me help you out, I know this will be painful for me and frustrating for you, but let me give it a shot. To be a Hindu one must study the vedas, to learn dharma, those who are Rabbinical Orthodox Jews, must study and discuss Talmud, both groups are given their titles respectively to their particular practice of religion. So, a Muslim must study the Hadiths, recite the Koran, and submit to the way of submission, which is called Islam.

Whether you like it or not, the Muslim is the submitter in the religion called "submission" Islam. You can't have one without the other.

Now, what is the problem?

It is Radical Terrorist Islam which is the danger, this is the problem, what needs to be brought to justice, and therefore that is our focus. Not a religion, which happens to have people who have as much loathing for terrorism as you and I do.

Quote:
So time for YOU to answer a question.
Do you support a political/religious organization that would use freedom of religion to hide behind all the while trying to gain strength to impose another legal system in this country?
Sharia Law is the same as Beit Din. They are religious legal courts which apply to the religion, Islam, and Orthodox Judaism. Do you know how long we have had Muslims in this country? Do you know the oldest masjid in the united states was built in 1939 in Cedar Rapids Michigan? That it was actually the second oldest masjid, because the older one was built in 1929 in Ross South Dakota? Why I bring this up, is because we sure had these people around us for a huge amount of time and never did we hear a peep about anyone planning Sharia law to the rest of the people in this country. That all started to surface after we had the Iran hostage crisis, the first attempt against the World Trade Center, and it really picked up a head of steam when 9/11 happened.

What I'm saying is that we cannot create legislation against a religion, a religion that has been in this country longer than you and I have been alive.
Religions are made up of individuals who interpret that religion differently from clergyman to clergyman, practitioner to practitioner. So, to bring up a strawman argument, since Ahmed blew himself up, while shouting allahu akbar, we should have all of the members of the religion penalized? All members even if born in this country penalized because of splinter groups or schisms which proceed from their religion? Unconstitutional.

If someone walked up to you (if you happen to be white) to accuse you of being racist because of white supremacists Christian identity groups have killed blacks and latinos, you would adamantly disagree with them? You would then begin to explain how you differ from the WSG. Same goes with Atheists who accuse Christianity of being a religion of hate, and point to issues in world history of Christian groups wiping out races, and religions in histories past. You again would explain to them that you aren't like those people, and would plead your case on why that is so.

Quote:
Do you support the legislation in proposed by Ted Cruz that would name the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist organization?

What about Muslim Brotherhood affiliates?
No problem with that, just as Hezbollah, and Hamas because these groups aren't a representative of all of the members of Islam. You may not know this, but many groups of even radical Islamists don't get along with each other. Even before Thomas Edward Lawrence ever sat in a Bedouin's hut, the Arabs never got along, Muslims like Christians (AFF can attest to this) never agreed across the board.

Terrorism is the problem, Radical Islamic Extremists groups are the problem. But you and I live in a world where everyone is innocent until proven guilty, and we have freedom to practice religion, assemble privately without surveillance. These are freedoms, which we love and enjoy. But I must stress, that if you go after a religion instead of those who are truly guilty, then you are setting us all up to be march off to reeducation camps.

Not saying that will happen, I tend to believe that an Internet chat forum isn't a Think Tank, or represents the prime of American Intelligentsia.

You want Muslims to change?

Preach Christ to them, be Christ to them.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
You want Muslims to change?

Preach Christ to them, be Christ to them.
And smile as they cut your head off.

muslims aren't going to change. Sorry to ruin your "happily ever after..."

Old 11-14-2015, 02:46 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

And of course, whatever the media tells us is going on, is what really is going on.

[/sarc]

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-14-2015, 02:49 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

Wow, sounds like you don't believe Muslims can be saved or converted. In fact, your statement sounds exactly like the kind of tough talk I hear from atheists...

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-14-2015, 03:41 PM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
And of course, whatever the media tells us is going on, is what really is going on.

[/sarc]
Yeah---the whole thing in Paris was made up. It didn't happen.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 11-14-2015, 03:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Wow, sounds like you don't believe Muslims can be saved or converted. In fact, your statement sounds exactly like the kind of tough talk I hear from atheists...

Not that God can't, but God won't force Himself, and muslims don't want to be saved or converted.

Your atheists would say God isn't or God can't.

God can, but He will NOT force anyone to be saved if they don't want to be.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:17 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

I'm surprised you didn't understand my posts, you of all people have gain my respect by me paying attention to your words. I'm sorry that I could not convey mine well enough to help you understand me. The Eastern Roman churches made up 20% of the population during the beginning of the 20th century, and now they make up only 2% of the Middle Eastern population. So, does that mean the Muslims waited until 1400 years later to start killing their Orthodox Christian neighbors?

So, you are posting that to reach out to them with the truth of the Apostolic message is futile, and that the only alternative is what?

I shudder to assume that you might just believe that we should outlaw the religion from this country, demolish their places of worship, deport all those who have foreign origins back to their places of birth. Deport back whether or not they left because of persecution, or for political reasons of their own. While those who happen to follow Islam whose families have been here since the early part of the 20th century whose ancestors were immigrants to this country will have their property seized, and themselves be deported to their ancestor's place of origins. But, what about converts? Converts will no longer be able to practice their religion openly, they must also denounce their religion, and go under oath that they will no longer have anything to do with Islam.

Any contact with anyone who they use to practice their religion with will cause them to be arrested and brought to reeducation camps. Their assets, and all property will be confiscated by the State. Citizenship even though they maybe 7th generation Americans, will be brought before a tribunal to have their file reviewed. If denied they are to be held indefinitely, until further notice of the tribunal. They will be listed as enemies of the State, and therefore lose their citizenship. They will also have to wear a stainless steel collar, anyone meeting them out in population are to immediately report them to Homeland security where they will be arrested and euthanized.

I still think preaching to them the Kingdom is way easier, and more fitting of the title we call ourselves.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:22 PM
Go Dodgers!

After the last attack and many attempts, you'd think they would have closed the borders a long time ago.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.