Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Matthew 7:6

Re: Cosmetics???

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWSS1976 View Post
I am guessing his degree is in BS... LOL
Meaning Biological Science, of course.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Registered Member

Good one TR
Old 03-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Registered Member

Re: Give up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post
Youre right my brother. Honesty and truthfulness are very important in life, especially for Christians.

-------
Coadie, people have asked before and we haven't gotten an answer from you...
What do you do for a living?

Also, what are your degrees in?
Why would you need to know? as rude as you are, I guess you are going to have to try a little harder to stay on topic and you can't attack my schools, where i taught or where we go to church. Frustrating?

You have gone far to far on personal attacks and it looks like you won't get any where farther.

Now if you want to be honest, tell us where scripture condones painting nails, skin etc in the course of the application of cosmetics.

I no longer attend a mennonite Church. Your large condemnation of them tells me a lot. There is a lot of deep hostility in that condemnation.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Christmas 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by coadie View Post
Why would you need to know? as rude as you are, I guess you are going to have to try a little harder to stay on topic and you can't attack my schools, where i taught or where we go to church. Frustrating?

You have gone far to far on personal attacks and it looks like you won't get any where farther.

Now if you want to be honest, tell us where scripture condones painting nails, skin etc in the course of the application of cosmetics.

I no longer attend a mennonite Church. Your large condemnation of them tells me a lot. There is a lot of deep hostility in that condemnation.
Where in Scripture does it say to wear a suit or tie or hat or anything else? Half of everything we do wasn't in Scripture!!
Old 03-11-2009, 02:45 PM
My Family!

Quote:

Old 03-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
Where in Scripture does it say to wear a suit or tie or hat or anything else? Half of everything we do wasn't in Scripture!!
The first family was wearing clothing. Actually if you want to be straight forward, the bible was not written in english so asking questions that are english words are really not valid to try to put people on the spot. But people keep trying.

the gays say there was nothing against homosexuality in the bible,. Of course not. The word was an invention and it first appeared after the KJV was written. It also doesn't mention obama.

You all give up on defending cosmetics?

Paint department apologetics.

I have 2 old Jewish business mentors in texas. They remind me that most questions, people don't want answers.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:50 PM
My Family!

Quote:
The first family was wearing clothing. Actually if you want to be straight forward, the bible was not written in english so asking questions that are english words are really not valid to try to put people on the spot. But people keep trying.

the gays say there was nothing against homosexuality in the bible,. Of course not. The word was an invention and it first appeared after the KJV was written. It also doesn't mention obama.

You all give up on defending cosmetics?

Paint department apologetics.

I have 2 old Jewish business mentors in texas. They remind me that most questions, people don't want answers.
I'm not sure anyone was even trying to defend cosmetics.

You were trying to condemn them with no basis.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Matthew 7:6

Quote:

A few ponts for you Mr. Coadie.

No one is as rude as you around here, Coadie. Stop kidding yourself. Dont even bothering playing the "innocent little lamb" role around here.
Please... Talk about the "pot calling the kettle black".

I simply ask tough questions, which obviously you find uncomfortable. (Not sure why though). If asking tough and direct questions makes me rude, then so be it... I plead guilty,

Even if you dont want to answer me, I wasnt the only one to ask. Mrs D was the first one to ask, and you chose not to answer her.... so it could appear that your simply dodging the question for some reason.

You were the one who made it a point to tell us that you made $300/ hour to ask questions... obviously, that would naturally make people wonder. If you didnt want people to ask, you shouldnt have been out here talking about how much you supposedly make.

And since you felt the need to boast about your education and multiple degrees on a forum, naturally someone would end up asking what your degrees are in. If you didnt want to be asked, you didnt have to bring it up.

And yes, I do consider the Mennonite Church a false doctrine church. That's a fact. I dont apologize for having that opinion, based on scripture. (I'm sure there are a lot of good-hearted people in the Mennonite Church, just as there are many in the Catholic church too, but I still know their church is not preaching the truth.) I assume that if you know the bible as much as you'd like us to think, you also know that they preach false doctrine.

So do you want to answer Mrs D's question?

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Well, I must say I saw that coming Luke. I asked for your best scripture references on this, and your reply is "it's against scriptural principle"... which is what people say when they have no scripture for something they're against.
Come on TR your not stupid and know all the scriptures and what would be the point of repeating? Also it doesn't matter it is direct or not as many things we do in life are based on the principle.

Quote:
I understand the "scriptual principle" argument, that not every thing is going to be spelled out specifically in scripture, etc. I'm also aware of the catch-all-phrase "glorifying the flesh", which can mean anything to anybody... I've heard that phrase applied to using lip gloss, eye shadow, wedding rings, nice clothes, curling one's hair, high-heels, wearing a goatee, or whatever someone wants to preach against.... (Luke, among those things I just mentioned above, which ones do you consider to be "glorifying the flesh" and which ones are okay?)
personaly if you want a direct answer. glossy lips most of the time is used to bring attraction. Not against lip balm but come one you know how girls like to make the lips look lucious and it def draws attention. I won't/can't wear X but hmm Y actually looks good too and better.... Colors and radical type clothing can do that as well. I am not sure directly if "a" color is a issue though. The point of eye shadow? sorry nothing but glamourizing. Wedding rings or something of a symbol and very plain I have no problem with. Though my first question is do you really need it? The simple answer usually is no. Should it be expensive in which you bring attention besides it simply being there? No, plain as it simply signifies marriage. Much like signet rings had a true purpose of being attached to the wearer so can a simple ring. The ring though should not bring glory to the hand it is on besides the glory of what it represents. The Point of wearing high heals besides being stupid and hurting oneself? At what length will women go to look the part. This is a excellent example. Talking about stupid. sheesh. Women IMO make the hair something that it is not supposed to be. They might not wear gold in them etc.. but Lord have mercy they sure will make it the biggest monsterous thing known this side of the Mississippi. Oh and the early church fathers did talk about this.

Quote:
Furthermore, the "it's against biblical principle" argument is one that's been used and misused for decades to ban all kinds of things that are not really sins, but someone had it in their minds that it was a sin. I suspect you already know this.

Arguing because A was wrong does not make B-Z wrong.

Quote:
And I would venture to guess that there's something that you do, or approve of, that someone who has a conviction against could condemn you for, and tell you "it's against biblical principle".
Sure, it's what I call the millions lines in the sand and everyone is stepping on someones. LOL The reason for such is inconsistency.

----------
Quote:
The writings of the "early church fathers" are a mixed bag... which is why we cant put it alongside scripture to ascertain NT doctrine.
True but they are pretty consistent on this and that IMO does show something.

Quote:
Some of them had a view of god that we might consider downright heretical today. Others had views on baptism that we would consider unbiblical.
True but again consistency is a rare breed and few things where consistently taught. 1) adornment 2) baptism as part of salvation

Quote:
So why are they now an infallible authority on consmetics or adornments. There were all kinds of errors and wacky doctrines in existence even before the NT was completed!
See my point above...

Quote:
So I'm not going to join you in drinking from the well of the so-called "early church fathers". Indeed there are some things in that well that you wouldnt want to drink either.
I'll stick with the inspired scripture as my guide.
That's fine because if you go there you have nowhere to run as it is consistent and you have no support for you position.

Quote:
I think if people were to refrain from teaching/preaching their personal conviction as doctrine, the church will be much better off.
Never going to happen as simple application of Love has to be taught and negating of the lusts of the flesh, eyes and pride of life must be dealt with.

People want to minimize the flesh and never destroy it. Thus they make modesty into minimizing the passions as long as it's not overboard or it's not to much so someone doesn't say anything which is not what modesty is.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
A few ponts for you Mr. Coadie.

I simply ask tough questions, which obviously you find uncomfortable. (Not sure why though). If asking tough and direct questions makes me rude, then so be it... I plead guilty,

Even if you dont want to answer me, I wasnt the only one to ask. Mrs D was the first one to ask, and you chose not to answer her.... so it could appear that your simply dodging the question for some reason.

You were the one who made it a point to tell us that you made $300/ hour to ask questions... obviously, that would naturally make people wonder. If you didnt want people to ask, you shouldnt have been out here talking about how much you supposedly make.

And since you felt the need to boast about your education and multiple degrees on a forum, naturally someone would end up asking what your degrees are in. If you didnt want to be asked, you didnt have to bring it up.

And yes, I do consider the Mennonite Church a false doctrine church. That's a fact. I dont apologize for having that opinion, based on scripture. (I'm sure there are a lot of good-hearted people in the Mennonite Church, just as there are many in the Catholic church too, but I still know their church is not preaching the truth.) I assume that if you know the bible as much as you'd like us to think, you also know that they preach false doctrine.

So do you want to answer Mrs D's question?
You aren't even honest enough to admit you don't know what Mennonites all teach.
Actually I was never taught the trinitarian doctrine till I came to a Oneness church.

I do understand there are several anabaptist denominations. People like yourself don't even know they did not come out of the reformation and are not protestants.
When under educated people like yourself make sweeping broad generalizations, that tells me they talk first and never explore what they announce.

do you know why you attack people you do not know?
Are you insecure? The topic is cosmetics and if folks don't validate your feelings, attacking is an easy out? Can you explain why you didn't know that cosmetics in terms of decoration came from Egypt?

Does your pastor know?