Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-20-2020, 12:12 PM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 14,041
Re: The Virus And Judgment

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Great...Ill just be sure to be extra judgey and dial my discernment up to 11 and make sure their pastor*and they better attend my favorite denomination* is current on his membership card and THEN Ill tell them to dont be skeered....all the other ones get kneecapped by Mafia Jesus till they get their act straight.


Yes, judgement is used by God to bring repentance but also goodness.


Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
God has been showing primarily his goodness to our nation. Yet the slaughter of babies goes on. Their cries of horror ignored. Sodom is fully accepted by the public. Even "conservatives" are offended if one calls it sin. And thats just the MORE abominable sins.

So now we should expect to see the severity of God more and more. God has more disasters than America has bail outs.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-20-2020, 12:15 PM
jediwill83's Avatar
jediwill83 jediwill83 is online now
Believe, Obey, Declare


 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Monroe Louisiana
Posts: 3,082
Re: The Virus And Judgment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
God has been showing primarily his goodness to our nation. Yet the slaughter of babies goes on. Their cries of horror ignored. Sodom is fully accepted by the public. Even "conservatives" are offended if one calls it sin. And thats just the MORE abominable sins.

So now we should expect to see the severity of God more and more. God has more disasters than America has bail outs.

Not even taking into account all our wars fought based on lies and pretty heavy handed incarceration.


The US has 24% of the worlds prison population and over half of that is non violent crime.


But what about judgement starting at the house of God?


Is the church meant to be judged first?
__________________
Blessed are the merciful for they SHALL obtain mercy.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-20-2020, 12:21 PM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 14,041
Re: The Virus And Judgment

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Not even taking into account all our wars fought based on lies and pretty heavy handed incarceration.


The US has 24% of the worlds prison population and over half of that is non violent crime.


But what about judgement starting at the house of God?


Is the church meant to be judged first?
Agreed about the wars and jails. As to judgment on the Church people it happens and is happening. People dont want to hear about it and tend to get upset if it is even mentioned outside of a "hot sermon". THEN its ok as long as it dont get personal.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-20-2020, 01:19 PM
KeptByTheWord's Avatar
KeptByTheWord KeptByTheWord is offline
On the road less traveled


 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: On a mountain... somewhere
Posts: 8,249
Re: The Virus And Judgment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I believe that times such as these can be used by God in order to cause people to refocus their values and their lives. It isnít always necessarily a judgment.
Yes, I agree with you... but think about this, was it the judgments of God throughout history with each massive plague/war/natural disaster our planet has seen? Probably yes, maybe no. Calamitous situations do seem to bring men to their knees, and call out to the Lord, which is always a good thing regardless.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-20-2020, 01:52 PM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 47,825
Re: The Virus And Judgment

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Yes, I agree with you... but think about this, was it the judgments of God throughout history with each massive plague/war/natural disaster our planet has seen? Probably yes, maybe no. Calamitous situations do seem to bring men to their knees, and call out to the Lord, which is always a good thing regardless.
I believe judgment comes at the great White Throne. Anything else, He uses to drive us to Him. He is a merciful, loving, and a great and faithful God. Someday will be the end of all things. Then it will be too late to make adjustments.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-20-2020, 06:15 PM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Master ThreadKiller


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 22,667
Re: The Virus And Judgment

America hasn't seen anything yet. This is all tv stuff at this point created by people who hate God.

At some point, the Lord shall cause His voice to be heard loud and clear. The nation will be shaken to its very core. The house of God has been under judgment for some time now. Judgment doesn't just mean punishment. It means investigation, inspection. God has been judging the churches in mercy. Those who refuse to repent have their candlestick removed. They are often still publicly "open for business", but their light is no longer before the Lord. This is most often seen in how many Christians cannot recognise divine judgment when it comes. They think like Job's friends. They don't understand the biggest judgment of all in THIS life is spiritual blindness to the Truth.

But the nation will not escape the chastening hand of God. The idols will be judged, and are being judged. Have been and will continue to be judged. We are soon to enter THE VALLEY OF DECISION. And everyone will have to make some hard choices. No secret rapture is going to rescue anyone from facing the music. When? No idea. But the symphony has warmed up and the conductor is approaching the front...
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-20-2020, 08:18 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 35,318
Re: The Virus And Judgment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
America hasn't seen anything yet. This is all tv stuff at this point created by people who hate God.

At some point, the Lord shall cause His voice to be heard loud and clear. The nation will be shaken to its very core. The house of God has been under judgment for some time now. Judgment doesn't just mean punishment. It means investigation, inspection. God has been judging the churches in mercy. Those who refuse to repent have their candlestick removed. They are often still publicly "open for business", but their light is no longer before the Lord. This is most often seen in how many Christians cannot recognise divine judgment when it comes. They think like Job's friends. They don't understand the biggest judgment of all in THIS life is spiritual blindness to the Truth.

But the nation will not escape the chastening hand of God. The idols will be judged, and are being judged. Have been and will continue to be judged. We are soon to enter THE VALLEY OF DECISION. And everyone will have to make some hard choices. No secret rapture is going to rescue anyone from facing the music. When? No idea. But the symphony has warmed up and the conductor is approaching the front...
Amen, judgement on a country and a people doesn't come with free Amazon delivery to your door. Complete with a binge night of Game of Thrones, seasoned with the Avengers. No, all moving parts stand still and a fatal blow sends the entire country to the abyss. No, we don't pass go, we don't collect 100.00 or get a stimulus check in the mail. Those who have repented and love Jesus Christ get to be lead out way before hand, and no secret rapture a go go. No judgement isn't happening while we are talking about how many tracts we handed out in 1970 while we were wearing a burlap bag. Or Old Sister Thibodaux is asking me "is Coronavirus one of those I Talian cars?"

No, a country dies in judgement and nothing is left but a greasy spot.
__________________
"Who controls the past controls the future; who controls the present controls the past. " ~ George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-20-2020, 08:21 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 35,318
Re: The Virus And Judgment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I can only speak generally about Gods ways. We are told if we dwell in the secret place (Psalm 91) we will have protection. There are times judgment breaks out and is then drawn back. Usually not all the wicked die.
Then what are you talking about? There is a difference between a spanking and an execution.
__________________
"Who controls the past controls the future; who controls the present controls the past. " ~ George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-20-2020, 08:24 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 35,318
Re: The Virus And Judgment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I believe that times such as these can be used by God in order to cause people to refocus their values and their lives. It isnít always necessarily a judgment.
And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain, and blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

No refocusing here.
__________________
"Who controls the past controls the future; who controls the present controls the past. " ~ George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-21-2020, 01:13 AM
KeptByTheWord's Avatar
KeptByTheWord KeptByTheWord is offline
On the road less traveled


 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: On a mountain... somewhere
Posts: 8,249
Re: The Virus And Judgment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I believe judgment comes at the great White Throne. Anything else, He uses to drive us to Him. He is a merciful, loving, and a great and faithful God. Someday will be the end of all things. Then it will be too late to make adjustments.
Yes, absolutely true. IF this virus were to be the "judgment of God", not just America is in judgment, but the whole world.

But in all reality, there will be no discussion on a forum about the final judgment of God when it happens. There won't be any questions. We will all know. The whole world will know.

So no, I don't believe this is the judgment of God, yet.

But there are signs of the times, and we can see the signs that point to a coming judgment, of that we can be sure.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
are ya ready for the judgment day freeatlast Fellowship Hall 15 02-14-2011 05:39 PM
Must have a virus... Sister Alvear Prayer Closet 4 12-09-2010 02:19 PM
You want to know how it will go in the Judgment? Pastor Keith Fellowship Hall 22 06-16-2009 06:02 PM
Judgment Day Sister Alvear Missions Area 0 09-17-2008 06:40 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by mfblume

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.